Quick Pics: Fedor Emelianenko and Brett Rogers at Soldier Field

Fedor Emelianenko and Brett Rogers were both on hand during Sunday afternoon’s football game between the Chicago Bears and the Cleveland Browns that took place from Soldier Filed in Chicago, Illinois.

The pair were on hand to help promote the upcoming “Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers” show that will be taking place in the area this Saturday evening, November 7.

Below are a couple pics from their appearance courtesy of CBS:

Click To Enlarge

credit: Esther Lin/Showtime

Click To Enlarge

credit: Esther Lin/Showtime

• Beau Fury says:

• fanoftna33 says:

Really we are going to find out more about Rogers here than Fedor.

• Niv says:

Beau Fury, I too felt Rampage was going to ko Lidell in their second fight, but that had a lot to do with the previous history of the two fighters.

Based on fight history I have to give this to Fedor simply because he’s destroyed guys with big power many, many times before.

Rogers however does represent a real threat, look at the sheer size of the guy and his power gives him a real chance here, though I doubt it will be enough.

• mmajosh says:

I’m sorry but Rogers has no chance of winning this fight. There will not even be a fluke chance for Rogers. Fedor will be explosive as usual and he will lay out Rogers in the Round with either a KO or a Submission. Rogers is not terrible but he is nowhere near any of the talent that Fedor has destroyed.

• xtreme_machine says:

“Rogers has no chance of winning this fight” by mmajosh

apparently you have not been watching MMA for a long time because if you had
    then you will know that because of those small gloves EVERYONE always has a CHANCE to win the fight via KO

• Makington says:

Agreed extreme, everyone has a chance of winning any fight. Matt Serra has been referenced enough so that everyone knows.

However, I don’t know how you could pick over a guy like Fedor. The level of competition he not only faced, but destroyed makes it unfathomable for me to pick anyone to ever win against him, especially a fighter as untested as Brett. Also, adding fuel to the flame, Brett has an absolutely ludicrous mohawk. Shave it, sir.

• jding3 says:

Rogers has a punchers chance, but that’s all. If this fight goes to the ground, Rogers is gonna have a bad night. Fedor by TKO (Ground and Pound). Can’t wait to be there live to see it happen

• CMT says:

Fedor should win this one, but man, Rogers is massive compared to Fedor.

• sensiman says:

So was Hung Man Choi but Fedor nearly broke his arm off.

• Erbros says:

If Rogers can avoid the takedown, he has a shot… if it goes to the ground, Fedor will submit him without a sweat.

• diceman says:

xtreme_machine: “Rogers has no chance of winning this fight” by mmajosh
    apparently you have not been watching MMA for a long time because if you had

You are quite right but I think people are starting to hop on the Rogers bandwagon because of bad memories. Rogers has big power and is riding high off his victory over Arlovski but lets be honest-Rogers is at an extreme disadvantage at every facet of the game.

The biggest upset in the past 5 years is probably Serra’s victory over GSP but that isn’t analogous to Fedor v. Rogers. GSP was mentally rattled in that fight, something that just isn’t going to happen to Fedor. A lot of upsets in the fight game happen because the favorite doesn’t have their head in the game- something we have never seen from Fedor.

Rogers best chance is if he keeps his distance with hopes to land a big shot and knock Fedor out (and this is a prayer- How many times have we seen someone land a flush shot on Fedor? Fightmetric has him listed as the most elusive fighter in MMA history). He (rogers) isn’t going to outbox him and he sure as heck doesn’t want to be in Fedor’s guard (hint to fanoftna) b/c he doesn’t have the ground game to hang in there.

I think Fedor KO’s him via the duck-step-left hook (the one he used on Sylvia and Zulu) or ties him up and taps him on the ground. And once it goes to the ground the fight is over- Rogers will get tapped quickly no matter what position he is in.

• HonorableAggression says:

sensiman: So was Hung Man Choi but Fedor nearly broke his arm off.

People need to stop talking about choi like he’s a challenge for any decent mma heavyweight

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Beau Fury: I think that Brett Rogers is gonna KO Fedor… I know I’m gonna get a lot of sh** for it but I just have a feeling… Its the same one I got before Chuck v. Rampage II. I just had this feeling that Rampage was gonna beat Chuck!

Um …Rampage had already beaten Chuck once but Rogers is,for me at least, a 10 to 1 underdog and that is being nice. I really think that Fedor would win this fight at least 95 times out of 100. Having said that I also think that Arlovski would beat Rogers about 80 times out of 100 and we know what happened there.

fanoftna33: I think if Rogers fights with a conservative gnp gameplan he could get the decision here. Stand with Fedor the go for the takedown and avoid the sub. He has the power to ko anybody so a ko for Rogers wont surprise me, but this will be a great test for Rogers, how will he react to getting hit by a guy who has the same kind of power, how will he avoid submissions from one of the best in the game?Really we are going to find out more about Rogers here than Fedor.

There is NO WAY IN THE WORLD that Rogers can win a decision. Stoppage or loss are his only 2 ways out of this 1. The reasons being that Fedor is a better striker, a better wrestler, a judo master, 1 of the best fighters in the world on the ground, a sambo expert and the best HW fighter ever. A decision is nearly impossible…nearly impossible for Rogers to pull off.