The Juggernaut Diaries: Mike Wessel’s TUF 10 Blog; Episode 7

Mike WesselWell I truly think that as the season has gone on, the show is getting better, and just in time too because I fight next.

This weeks show starts off with the final two picks of the first round. Now if you remember right, Matt was to fight Marcus in the beginning, but because of his shenanigans and snitching he had the picks switched. The truth is that I was to fight Wes Sims, Matt to fight Marcus, and Justin to fight Scott. But, because of Justin and Scott’s friendship and Matt snitching, the picks get switched. Not that it really matters anyway because when the coaches asked me who I wanted to fight, there was no long discussion, I said, “I don’t care. I can beat any one of them”. That was all I said because I am not scared to fight anyone.

However, according to Matt’s note I am. Haha, that note was funny after the fact, but both teams and coaches were shocked that he would say that about me. I was as well.

Of course, he didn’t say it he wrote it on a piece of paper like a chicken shit and showed it to a good friend of mine… Scott. Scott and I were boys way before the show and I don’t think Matt knew that.

So Scott tells me what it said, and the entire world got to see my reaction to his bullshit. What was really great is that I didn’t have to do shit about it. Both teams started hazing him and giving him shit. Even the coaches said shit to him like, “Of all the people to do that to, you choose Wessel”.

It was great having everyone on both sides kinda stick up for me because I was so well liked by everyone. I still think its funny how he wrote it and didn’t say it. WHAT A COCKSUCKER!!! LOL

Moving on to more Matt bullshit. Did anyone catch his ramblings about his voices and that he talked to his wife. I understand if you’re a spiritual man and you normally talk that way, but this dude can barely talk, let alone understand and have a greater mindset. Truth be told, he has faked his way through everything and lied his way through a lot of his life, and in this house it comes out.

The incident between John and Matt was more comical because of how John handles himself when Matt was having a childs temper tantrum. I liked John. I admit he rubbed people the wrong way, but that’s his personality and we got along fine. I understood him and his views so he didn’t bother me. But Matt is the type of guy that doesn’t say shit until he can make a scene about it. Matt could have said something to John about it in the house or on the 45-minute drive, but he chooses to become Tommy Tuff guy or Harry Hardass (whichever you like) and do it when he could get the most camera time and attention.

Rashad should have blasted his ass. Trevor (the boxing coach) refused to work with Matt and Rashad was on his last limb because of all the bullshit he creates. However, Rashad is a coach and a great guy so he kept trying to get through to Matt what was truly important and what not but Rashad soon realized it fell on deaf ears.

Matt is a douche. If you were to meet him on the street he would be very cool to you, but he always has an agenda. You never know, in the house we’re all getting crazy and out of wack so it could be a lot of that as well.

The fight between Scott and Matt was a very good fight. Scott took a shot to his eye and I know that it caused a lot of problems with him in this fight. We all wanted Scott to win for two reasons. Scott is a kick ass guy and because we all hated Matt’s bullshit. I truly though that the fight was even, and with Scott’s take down he should have won or at least went to the 3rd round. After the first two minutes of the fight Matt’s punches became soft but Scott couldn’t see at all from that eye. More is to come from Scott’s eye injury but I can’t say anything else.

Any who, I thought Scott won. That’s not based on my feelings on Matt either. I am a fair person when it comes to stuff like this and it at least should have went to a 3rd round. But, I also thought Shogun won last week too, so I must really suck at decisions.

Well next week is my big week. I have already seen this episode and it is awesome. I give the Spike people credit: These last three episodes have been great. I even enjoy Kimbo’s interviews.

Marcus and I liked each other, but we’re both competitors and I knew he was coming and I was too. I am the final fight and I am the guy that can make team Rashad 8-0. It’s a huge week and a great episode coming up next Wednesday. Stay tuned….

EDITORS NOTE: *Make sure to check out the official Juggernaut website over at MikeWessel.net

Be sure to check back in on the blogs as sometimes it may take Mike a day or two to get back to your comments, but rest assured that he’s lurking.

• fanoftna33 says:

I have been looking forward to this all day.

• fanoftna33 says:

I thought Matt won the first round clearly, even though Junk got the better of the tail end of rd 1. Rd 2 was a tough call, as both guys were really gassed out. Neither really did enough to win that round so giving it to Matt didnt surprise me. Matts stand up was great for about 3 min, he knocked Junk down 3 or 4 times and looked good, regardless of his personality he looked good in most of the first round. The rest of the fight sucked.

• edub says:

Cecil Peoples was one of the two judges that called the fight in Matt’s favor in case anyone was wondering.

I don’t think the fight should have gone any other way besides a deciding round, but thats just me.

• Makington says:

Mr. Dave Andrest informed us last week that it would be a two fight episode, to which I obediently believed, resulting in my faith in humanity being lost altogether. Next week will be unfortunate, because I really want to see you win, but Marcus is the only guy on the other team I really want to see win too. I’ve read through the grapevine that you were a strength and conditioning coach, so I hold out in my belief that atleast one fighter will be able to make it to the second round without looking like a deflated pancake.

• David Andrest says:

Makington: Mr. Dave Andrest informed us last week that it would be a two fight episode, to which I obediently believed, resulting in my faith in humanity being lost altogether. Next week will be unfortunate, because I really want to see you win, but Marcus is the only guy on the other team I really want to see win too.I’ve read through the grapevine that you were a strength and conditioning coach, so I hold out in my belief that atleast one fighter will be able to make it to the second round without looking like a deflated pancake.

I’ll admit I was wrong, but if you review the episode prior they sure made it look that way. they have done it in the past My apoligies Makington, I was disappointed as well.

And quite honestly, I know Marcus, and over the season we’ve all got to know Mike Wessel though his blogs a bit.

Both top notch guys. BOTH deserving of an ENTIRE episode dedicated to them.

I look forward to next week.

• fanoftna33 says:

Next week will be the first fight this season that I look forward to, other tha any fight where John gets koed, after the cheap shot he took against abe when they touched gloves in the first episode.

• HonorableAggression says:

I was incredibly surprised at the fight. True, Junk caught him good towards the end of the round, but Junk got straight dropped what, 4 times in the first two minutes? My jaw was on the floor.
    Matt seems like a crazy guy, and I hate his house antics for sure, but I certainly respect his heart after this fight, as well as Junk’s. IMO it should have gone to a third round but if it went to anyone after two it was Mitrione. Junk landed some explosive shots in the second but he kept letting Matt pepper him with lazy straights.
    Can’t wait for the fight next week, good luck Wessel, I’m rootin for a Rashad sweep just cos Rampage is acting like such an ass, gotta love Big Baby though!

• HonorableAggression says:

I have to add that even though I thought it was a bit bogus for Matt to solve his problem with Madsen the way he did, it’s a real b*tch move to talk crap to someone after they leave the room, I have no patience for that. But like Rashad said, “I would’ve addressed it then and there”, meaning whenever Matt was informed, he should have just talked to Madsen and called him out on it.
    By the way, Wes Sims’ ninja creep was *hilarious* I was laughing so hard XD

• dannysaunders says:

Junk should have won the second round just because of the takedown, everything else was even but I think they gave it to douche because neither of them could have gone 5 more minutes without falling over. Isnt Marcus the florist?? The Juggernaut cant lose to a freakin florist.

• Rich S. says:

I thought Junk was going to come out and destroy Matt.. I was HOPING he would, too..

Matt just annoys me to no end.. One minute, he’s complaining about his shoulder, the next minute, he’s trying to act all tough and fight his own TEAMMATE.

Once the fight started it looked like Junk already wanted to be out of there.. I thought for sure that Matt was going to get a TKO soon.. But, Junk turning into a human punching bag actually ended up totally draining Matt.. And then it was just two dudes, tired as hell, making embarrassing attempts at hurting the other..

And because of that takedown in the second, I thought it was going to a 3rd round..

Also, I’m with Makington, I cringed last night when they announced you vs. Marcus.. Because I had Marcus picked as a favorite since the beginning of the show, and now I have to watch him go against our very own blogger :(

Either way, it should be a hell of a fight..

• mistygirl says:

I agree that the show is getting a lot better..
    So excited to see your fight,,
    Watching every week, Very proud of you..
    Keep up the great work and kick some ass =)
    Mercer county is rooting for you..!!!!!!

• Matthew says:

Mike,
    I hope you have given us one decent fight to watch this season. The mitrione/junk fight was atrocious. All this talk of “throwing bombs” is ridiculous. Both gassed in the first round like alot of the fights this season and majority of the punches thrown were a waste. Yes, heavyweights. I get it. But the lack of conditioning this season is embarrassing.

Maybe it should be a prerequisite for fitness testing to be on the show. We miss out on seeing a fighters true showcase of ability when it only lasts 3 minutes. Then all we get to see is how well he keeps standing with limited blood flow.

Anyway. Good luck with your endeavours.

• JollyDV says:

Mike, Wishing you the best in your fight next week!!!! Go get um!

• Viincenzo says:

I saw Mike in action while on a business trip to Little Rock back in 08. It was one of his first pro fights and he absolutely decimated this bohemoth in the first round. Saw him in a downtown Little Rock the next night, celebrating a little no doubt, and can honestly say that Mike was a cool motherf*****. I too heard that he was the strength and conditioning coach for the Razorbacks and ran up this mountain road that wraps around L.R. every morning…with crazy amount of weights. Whether or not it’s truth… Mike Wessel is a beast and will most definitely take out Marcus the Black Abominable Snowman.

• cocoonofhorror says:

“Any who, I thought Scott won. ”

i understand thinking a round 3 was called for, but to say Junk won is just asinine. the 1st round could EASILY be scored 10-8. as much as i agree the RAT is a douche and a liar, he won that fight fairly squarely.

• Makington says:

David Andrest:
    I’ll admit I was wrong,but if you review the episode prior they sure made it look that way. they have done it in the pastMy apoligies Makington, I was disappointed as well.And quite honestly,I know Marcus, and over the season we’ve all got to know Mike Wessel though his blogs a bit.Both top notch guys. BOTH deservingof an ENTIRE episode dedicated to them.I look forward to next week.

Nah, I really don’t need an apology. I hope that I would have bigger things to worry about than complaining about it not being a 2 fight episode. The only unfortunate thing is that now I have to wait a week to see one of the few fights I’m actually interested in.

• SamMMAFanBronx says:

Usually a blogger wins atleast one fight, unfortunately for us, we see Mike on 5oz and we see Marcus on MMA Live! What the heck! Who wins? Is this fight ruled a draw…lol. Would they fight a fourth round at that point?