Video: UFC 104 Post Fight Press Conference.

Welcome to the Live Event coverage of UFC 104, tonight’s Post fight press conference if presented by the UFC and FiveOuncesofPain.com

In tonight’s main event, UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida defeated challenger Mauricio “Shogun” Rua 48-47 on all scorecards. However most people felt Shogun won the fight. Find out what Dana White has to say. In the nights co-main event heavyweight contender Cain Velasquez bested Ben Rothwell in a fight Rothwell clearly felt was stopped pre-mature.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

I have seen some things in MMA where I was disappointed at what looked like was going on, like fighters under performing, taking a dive or refs and judges making “bad” calls, but never have I been so sure that the result of a fight was fixed than now. DISGUSTED. I know it probably happens all the time but never so obvious. I watched the fight and afterwards was resigned to the fact Shogun had won (and clearly), was getting up to get a snack and was stunned at the decision. It took me a few seconds to register what was happening. All I could say in complete and utter shock was “oh my god” over and over. All 3 judges!!!!! BULLS*T!!! To me SHOGUN LANDED MORE STRIKES, HARDER STRIKES AND DID THE MOST DAMAGE IN EVERY SINGLE RD. I mean after the decision was read out HALF THE CROWD BOOED AND THE REASON THE OTHER HALF DIDN’T WAS BECAUSE THEY WERE CHECKING THEIR WRIST WATCHES TO SEE IF IT WAS APRIL 1.

I know this will sound bad but I think they want Randy to fight Machida for the title. Just wait and see.

• edub says:

The vid working for everyone else?

• ozz_the_powerful says:

No go for video for me

• edub says:

what a terrible question somebody kick her out.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

Working now. Anyways, I see a buch of bullshit …………… sill

• Makington says:

Not working on mine either. Stupid Mac’s. That’s what I get for listening to my girlfriend.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

I still cannot honestly believe that people are taking this seriously. A re-match? Rua WON!!!

• ozz_the_powerful says:

Dana……. Business man, fight fan, whatever!!!

You HAVE to KNOW this was BS!!!

• Makington says:

• David Andrest says:

Makington: I can’t get the video, but it seems like Dana is supporting the judges decision?

Dana was pretty clear he didn’t agree with the decision, but what can he do about it? He want’s to set up the rematch ASAP.

And was clear that he is baffled how everyone in the world can see a fight one way, and 3 judges can see it another.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

If Dana was a party to this outrage do you think he is stupid enough to agree with the judges who everybody knows were wrong and are screaming foul over?. Damage control baby.
    I’ll say it they wanted Randy vs Machida. Who “they” are is all speculation and that is the reason that this sort of thing cannot be stopped. Who killed JFK? we will never really know but we have our suspicions, was this fight fixed? we will never be able to say yes 100% and we will never know why or who. It is just a slap in the face when it is so obvious.

P.S. It wont be the last time.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ are a catch-22.

• David Andrest says:

Mazzagatti shouldn’t be allowed to watch MMA let alone Ref it – Dana White

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Fedor sux-Dana White

• Tcan says:

this was horrible.

• Tcan says:

i would say more but…Damn. ive watched it 3 times now and I cant see what they saw. By the way, i had money on machida. i love the sport. i fight, i compete, i watch with a keen eye. i dont know what they saw. Please, let me know where im wrong. ill not only listen to, but ill give the benefit of the doubt to any logical logical argument. i was there in san antonio for the the Cerroni v Henderson fight, and i thought that was a mistake. the Vasquez(san antonio) desision was even worse. however, this was insane. Im worried about the direction of the sport. the same people make the match ups, sign the checks, and call the shots. I smell wrestling, I hope its ignorance and not a work. im going to bed

• Vogairian says:

Tcan: Im worried about the direction of the sport. the same people make the match ups, sign the checks, and call the shots. I smell wrestling, I hope its ignorance and not a work. im going to bed

It’s ignorance. Sometimes a close fight doesn’t go the right way, it happens, no one is fixing fights. Seriously, what’s the advantage to fixing this fight? There’s no logic to it. If you want to go the big money route, he was a 6-1 favorite…. no money to be made. Big fight wise, a fight like this doesn’t help Machida’s marketability in any way, in fact it hurts it till he can get a clean win on Shogun. So what’s the end game of this fix, why risk everything for no gain whatsoever?

You guys are just overly emotional and are trying to explain why a crappy desicion happened. I got caught up the same way, but really after watching It I could see how you gave the fight to Machida if you have the “Beat the champ decisively or he keeps it” mentality. Only two rounds that you could say “Wow, Machida got owned” were 4 and 5. Like I’ve said here a few times, I do think Shogun was robbed, but I think it was a lot closer than what a lot of the people posting here think.

• neijia says:

Vogairian:
    I got caught up the same way, but really after watching It I could see how you gave the fight to Machida if you have the “Beat the champ decisively or he keeps it” mentality.Only two rounds that you could say “Wow, Machida got owned” were 4 and 5.

.Like I’ve said here a few times, I do think Shogun was robbed, but I think it was a lot closer than what a lot of the people posting here think.

I am probably a minority of one here, but that is how I saw it last night. It’s too hard to say Rua won 1, 2, and 3. Kicking the champ a bunch of times in the legs while the champ threw more punch/kick combinations and nice muay thai knees just doesn’t get the win in my book. If it had went like Griffin vs. Rampage, different story. But that didn’t happen. Machida’s legs are banged up but that’s it. In any case, this does set up a perfect rematch situation.

How about Rothwell? I was surprised the big man could do nothing.

• Tcan says:

• Vogairian says:

Tcan: to say its ignorant to think something fishy is going on is ignorance. fights have been fixed since there have been fights. the power is too centerally located in this sport and the people with that power arent exactly the salt of the earth.. Do i think the fight was a straight up work? NO. would I be surprised that there was something that wasnt on the level? NO. I said I smell wrestling. if you cant then your in a dream world.

I’m sorry, but I think claiming a fight is fixed just because you didn’t like the ending is ignorant. Like I asked before, what’s the end game of that fix? Why do it?

• bigbadjohn says:

Calling it a fix suggests the outcome was predetermined. I don’t believe that but I do believe there is some invested interest in having The Dragon, who the UFC is making out to be a P4P rival with The Spider, retain the belt. Machida is gaining massive popularity and half the people who tuned in last night had probably never heard of Shogun. The LHW belt has been kryptonite of late. Unfortunately It’s first defence in 4 holders is this lack-lustre piece of shit bout.

• mcrae says:

Microsoft Silverlight?? Come on fiveouncesofpain – can’t even watch the damn video because you guys are Dependant on Microsoft

Oh is there any question Shogun won?? He won the fight I watched …

• edub says:

Dana said Cain looks really good but he’s only had 7 fights.(On if cain is ready for a title shot.)

Id say seven fights is a lot better than having 3 fights and going 2-1.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Yeah I went a bit far with the “it’s a conspiracy” talk but I was a little angry (and drunk).
    Watched the fight for a third time. Shogun won.
    After the fight you can see Dana lean over and say to Shogun “I had you winning that fight”.