Jeff Curran signs with Strikeforce; Debut set for “Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers”

jeff-curran_300Former WEC bantamweight and featherweight, Jeff Curran, has recently inked a deal with Strikeforce.

Curran broke the news on Facebook, also confirming November 7 as the date for his promotional debut.

“Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers” is set to take place from the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, IL., just outside of Chicago.

Curran will be looking to place himself back inside the winners circle following a succession of defeats running four bouts to the likes of Urijah Faber, Mike Brown, Joseph Benavidez and Takeya Mizugaki.

During his career, “Big Frog” holds victories over FiveOuncesofPain.com’s #8 and #10 featherweights, Raphael Assuncao and Wagnney Fabiano.

• edub says:

You guys have any idea on who he is gonna fight?

Maybe someone from Dream?

• meatloaf says:

I’d bet money he fights another local fighter who’s pretty much a sure win.

• Glad to see Big Frog get a shot in Strikeforce. I hope he is able to bounce back from his losses in the WEC.

• Rich S. says:

Curran’s last few fights have put him pretty high up on my favorite fighters list, which is pretty amazing seeing as how they were all losses..

It’s a pleasure watching him fight and I hope he can get some wins here..

• edub says:

meatloaf: I’d bet money he fights another local fighter who’s pretty much a sure win.Considering they just signed Curran who’s a quality fighter but lost 4 in a row, is local and has his own gym right in the area.

Agreed. That makes more since then my thought. Although I thought he beat Mizugaki.

• Angry Mike says:

Isn’t Curran going to have to move up to lightweight? I didn’t think Strikeforce had a featherweight division.

• hindsightufuk says:

yeah what weight is this at then?
    good for him tho, he’s been beaten by 4 very good fighters, and they mostly been good displays.
    he’s just so small bless him, even for a featherweight