Aaron Simpson vs. Tom Lawlor set for UFC Fight Night 20

Aaron-SimpsonA middleweight bout between Aaron Simpson and Tom Lawlor is expected to take place at UFC Fight Night 20.

Both men have been issued bout agreements for the bout according to a recent report on The Underground.

The event is expected to mark the first UFC in Virginia, taking place in Fairfax on January 11 and airing live on Spike TV.

Simpson sports an unblemished record of 6-0 , with all six wins coming by either KO or TKO, and trains out of Arizona Combat Sports alongside Ryan Bader, C.B. Dollaway, and Jamie Varner. A former NCAA All-American wrestler and coach out of Arizona State University, Simpson’s last outing in the Octagon saw him on the winning side of a TKO victory after Ed Herman succumbed to a knee injury following an action packed first round of their UFC 102 bout.

A black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Lawlor holds a professional record of 6-1-1. He has been impressive since his stint on the eighth season of The Ultimate Fighter, going 2-0 during his time spent in the Octagon with wins over fellow TUF alumni Kyle Kingsbury and C.B. Dollaway.

• dpk says:

This is a great fight between to good prospects. I’m going to have to go with Simpson, I think he is the next big thing at the MW.

• xtreme_machine says:

Aaron Simpson is a beast and should take this one but it won’t be easy

• PsYc0tIkDrEaM says:

easy win for Simpson

• meatloaf says:

Aaron Simpson is going to destroy Tom Lawlor.
    I was hoping he’d get a better opponent than this after his 1st win in the UFC because Lawlor isn’t as good as Ed Herman.

• ihateurface says:

Simpson will shake up the MW division in a big way, Lawlor is a minor obstacle in his way. Simpson KO/TKO.

• Makington says:

I think Tom is funny as hell, and I like watching what he has to say, but I have picked Simpson to be the guy who can take Silva’s belt. The man is an absolute stud at everything. He does takedowns so fast I can hardly comprehend what he’ doing. Not to mention he has great cardio, heavy ass hands, and an awesome camp. The only really thing he has to worry about is time. At 35, he has to make a quick run for the belt if he wants to have it, and guys like Tom Lawlor only slow him down.

I think he should take this one relatively easily, and KO him in the same fashion as his team mate Bader did. KO round 1.