Jon Jones vs. Matt Hamill & Frankie Edgar vs. Kurt Pellegrino official for TUF 10 Finale

Jon JonesA light heavyweight battle between Jon Jones and Matt Hamill, along with a lightweight showdown between Frankie Edgar and Kurt Pellegrino, have both been confirmed to take place on “The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights” Finale through Spike TV and the UFC.

The TUF 10 Finale is set to take place on December 5 from the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas, airing live on Spike TV.

“Bones” Jones sports an undefeated record of 9-0 and is widely praised as one of the brightest prospects in mixed martial arts. His career in the UFC has seen him rack up wins over the likes of Andre Gusmao and Stephan Bonnar by decision, before most recently stopping former heavyweight Jake O’Brien with a nasty guillotine choke in the second round of their UFC 100 bout.

Hamill’s record of 6-2 is deceptively impressive considering he made his professional fighting debut with the promotion. While “losing” a hotly contested decision to Michael Bisping and suffering a TKO defeat at the hands of Rich Franklin, Hamill has compiled wins over the likes of Seth Petruzelli, Tim Boetsch, and most recently Mark Munoz at UFC 96.

Edgar has established himself as a top dog in the UFC’s lightweight division with wins over Tyson Griffin, Hermes Franca and Sean Sherk, while Pellegrino is currently riding a three fight win streak in the UFC with wins over Thiago Tavares, Rob Emerson and Josh Neer.

• fanoftna33 says:

This looks to be two great fights. I will pick Hamill by 3rd round tko and Edgar by 2nd round submission.

• edub says:

Edgar by decision. I still feel he should be the one fighting Ken-Flo, and Guida should be fighting Pellegrino.

Im a huge fan of both Jones and Hamill. I’ve said in the past I thought Matt would win a decision, but I just don’t know. I wanna say Hamill by decision but then on the other hand I wanna say Jones by KO. I just dont know and Im up in the air on this one.

• BigDave says:

Edgar vs.pellegrino is an interesting fight. Edgars only loss is to the guy who will face deigo sanchez for the belt when he is done beating the piss out of bj penn and that is Gray maynard. I’m going to steal Dan hendersons nickname and start calling Edgar “Decision Frankie” as 7 of his last 8 fights have gone to the cards.

Pellegrino is a good submission guy with a good record against some tough guys but seems to come up short when he steps up to higher level opponents. He is 7-3 in the ufc with losses to Drew Fickett, Joe Stevenson, and Nate Diaz.

I think this will be a great test for both guys and am looking forward to it. I think Edgar will hold true to his new nickname i’ve given to him and control the fight to another unanimous decision. Should Edgar leave a limb out there thou it could be a submission win for “Batman”.

Ok, so I’m a bit on the fence about this fight I’ll leave my final pick till I see the weigh-ins.

• fanoftna33 says:

Edgar vs Kenny would be a great fight Edub, thats one I havent thought of yet.

• hindsightufuk says:

i think Hamill may need a better game plan than usual to beat jones, Hamill has a habit of pressing forward regardless, and i think that may be his biggest weakness.

Dont really get the edgar/kurt fight, maybe its a way of making sure Frankie gets the next shot without him losing a fight? Edgar/Diaz would be more fun.

• moosebaby02 says:

i want to say jones but his cardio is a question for me. imo it looks like so far he gets gassed in his fights when he has no business gassing. I he gets that part of his game in check i give him the match if not Hamill by dec.
    Edgar vs Batman. I want the Dark Knight throw “Decision Frankie” (yes Dave) in arkham.

• redness says:

A little upset wit the Edgar match up. He isnt getting his due respect from the UFC with a match up like this after handing Sherk his head . Your right him vs Kenny would be great.

• BiG BaD BuLL says:

completely agree with edub and redness. how does a guy who beat two top tier contenders pull a fight with a guy who, if called a gatekeeper, would consider it a compliment? edgar’s only loss is to maynard, and that is nothing to be ashamed of. ken flo versus edgar, winner of that faces maynard, who then faces the winner of penn sanchez,

• xtreme_machine says:

I think my tocallo Edgar should get the next shot at BJ if they win

• neijia says:

BigDave: Finally get to watch Hamill get clearly beat in a fight. I’m on the Jones bandwagon and proud of it. Hamill is good but Jones is just insane with his style and athleticism. It should be a good fight but Hamill is just not as good as jones IMO.

big fan of Hamill since he got robbed in the Bisping match, but Jones has what it takes to be a future A. Silva. Jones will make Hamill look really slow like Silva did to Griffin. They are just using Hamill’s name to help build up Jones. Right now, certain hardcore fans can see Jones’ talent. They need to build his name up and he’ll be a top contender very soon.

• thunder okami says:

Hamill is good
    But Jones is OMGWTFBBQSUPLEX
    So im rootin for Bones

• Xspur says:

Ok, lets step back abit. I wouldn’t go so far to say Jones is the future A. Silvia. His style alone exempts him from that possibility. That said, I agree he has a tremendous amount of talent, and tons of potential. But lets see him in some really big fights against people who match up well against his style before we start crowning him the next to clean out his division. Also, I’m sorry if it seems like I’m picking on you neij, but Jones doesn’t have the timing to do to Hamill what Anderson did to griffin. Jones is a great talent, but Anderson is a man amongst boys.

• dpk says:

Xspur – I agree with your assessment of Jones. This guy is a great athlete, with some really good wrestling, and a ton of potential. If he keeps developing his stand-up more, than he could be a great fighter soon.

Edgar is good, but he lost to Maynard (and it wasn’t even that close of a fight), so he is at least behind Maynard when it comes to the next title shot. I could see his next fight against either Huerta, or the KenFlo-Guida winner.

• Rich S. says:

Jones should be fighting for the title within a year..

Simply put, he’s a freak of nature.. To be able to go that hard, and that fast, for three rounds without tiring, at LHW, is nothing short of amazing..

He seems to be perfectly well rounded, extremely strong in grappling AND striking, and equally unorthodox in those fields..

With that said, Hamill is one tough S.O.B and I don’t know if we’ll see him finished here.. I’ve got to go with Jones via UD..

I’ve always been an avid fan of Pellegrino.. He performs well against top competition and dominates the lower competition.. I would like to see him get the W here, but it’s always hard to pick against Frankie.. I’m going to call Frankie via Split Decision… We’ll probably see a boxing match here..

• sexy-yama says:

jones will not be fighting for a title in a year,his good but not that good,im not on his bandwangon, thiago slva would destroy him,just like matt hamill will,hamill is that man,ne1 seen his missus GODDAM!

• sexy-yama says:

jones will not be fighting for a title in a year!,his good but not that good,im not on his bandwangon, thiago slva would destroy him,just like matt hamill will,hamill is that man,ne1 seen his missus GODDAM! she hawt!