Browning arrested, cut from UFC

“The Ultimate Fighter 8” cast member Junie Browining was arrested Tuesday night according to a report in the Los Vegas Review-Journal. Browing reportedly faces three counts of battery on a health care provider.

It was reported the troubled fighter was taken to St. Rose Dominican Hospital in Henderson Nevada after injesting 16 Klonopin ( and anti-anxiety drug). It is believed the pills were taken “in an attempt to harm himself.” According to the Jorunal, Browining pushed a female nurse, punched a male nurse, and kicked another male nurse in an attempt to secure his release from the hospital.

The police have stated that Browining yelled at the nurses, “Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family.”

After being held at the Henderson Detention Center , Browining has since been released.

Shortly after the news was reported, Yahoo Sports spoke with UFC president Dana White who confirmed that Browing’s UFC contract had been terminated. “He was given an amazing opportunity, but he has some serious issues that are beyond me and what I can do,” White told Yahoo Sports. “I’m there for guys and I realize nobody is perfect and guys are going to get into trouble. When that happens, I want to try to help and do something for them. But he needs more help than I can give him. I did what I could for him.”

• QueenKong says:

Poor Junie just has to live up to his bad reputation.He looked to be getting on the right track training with Team Couture and UFC has been more than generous to him imo;even tough they were just trying to cash in on his bad rep.Hope he can find some inner peace.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

I think Dana made the right decision with this cut. Now, with MMA as a whole becoming more and more mainstream, the last thing we need is another “Rampage” like incident that gets plastered all over and completely discredits all the hard work everyone from the top down has put in to get our sport to where it is today.

Good riddance. (Hope you recover though)

• YetiLee says:

I wish I could say that this shocks me, but that isn’t the case. It really is too bad, the guy had some talent and was young and could have only gotten better, but now he blew another chance and I would bet the guy is found dead within 6 months. Hopefully the guy gets some help, but I doubt that will be the case with this guy.

• GassedOut says:

Personally, I feel sorry for Junie Browning. I’m not saying he didn’t deserve what happened with the arrest and losing his job, but it’s clear from his “attempt to harm himself” that he needs some serious psychological and medical help. I hope he finds that and some inner peace. What seems to be the issue is that people are forgetting that actions have consequences, and this is another symptom of something I’ve seen on the increase over the last 25 years. Junie either forgot that or has some medical issues that prevent him from realizing that. Please Junie, if you read any of these things, get some help brother. There’s no shame in it. Get better.

• BigDave says:

Normally I would come on here and tear into a guy like this as i’m not a fan of Junies antics or attitude, but in this case it seem like there is a much more serious problem with this young man. He may be suffering from a bipolar condition or sczitzophrenia which are both very serious problems. I think it would be in the courts and Junie’s best interest if he be sent to a mental facility till he is no longer a danger to himself or others and can also get the treatment that it seem obvious that he needs. I hope that he gets the help he needs as I don’t want to read about another young man dieing because he wasn’t givin the the help he needed.

• xtreme_machine says:

Man poor Junie

We all have a lot of issues but i think his are on another level

Hopefully he can get his life together and soon fight again in the UFC or Other promotions

• s13 says:

I seriously don’t buy any of the crap, the BOY needs to man up, period. We all know and heard his story and its a drop in the bucket to alot of other people out there who are in and have been through a lot worse, he’s just too weakminded to handle it. Yeah get him some professional help since he’s clearly not man enough to handle his own issues by himself.

• redwire says:

During TUF, everybody was baffled about why Junie was kept on the show (answer: ratings). In hindsight, dropping him would have probably been short term pain for long term gain for everybody, especially Junie. At the very least, he would have learned that ‘actions have consequences’ as mentioned by GassedOut above, instead of being rewarded for being out of control. Junie being booted from TUF would have given him a real goal to work towards, specifically getting to the UFC. As it was, he more or less had his dream handed to him with relatively minimum effort. Someone more mature would have realized what an awesome opportunity he had and worked like the devil to not screw it up.

In all seriousness, I think that Junie will need to be on a suicide watch for the near future.

• edub says:

Im on the bubble on this one. There is a point where you have to let go and let a human being make their own decisions no matter detrimental they are.

I feel bad for Junie and I don’t. It sux for a person to be so depressed that they would want to harm themself, but something is just telling me that this is a big ploy to get attention.

• redness says:

It wasnt any worse then what Rampage did in my opion.

• How could it not be worse than what Rampage did? Rampage scraped a car and drove on the sidewalks scaring quite a few people but truly harming no one. Junkie punched a nurse kicked a doctor and threatened to kill and rape their families. Not that Im excusing rampage’s rampage but the latter is much worse imo.

• scarred fighter says:

Junie Browning is f***ing stupid. He barley has any professional experience and he had the chance to fight in the biggest organization and he blew it .Im glad Dana cancelled his contract people like that dont deserve it. There’s so many fighters out there that would die for the chance that he got and he threw it down the drain.

• fanoftna33 says:

When Anthony Johnson got arrested for beating up his exgirlfriend I thought that was bad, but this guy at least was on some serious drugs when he went crazy. Like Rampage he was not in his right mind(which is not the best to begin with) I would really like to see the ufc institue a zero tollerance policy with arrests so as not to show favirotism to the better fighters they have. What it looks like Dana is saying is Browning is not a big enough draw for us to stand behind(Rampage and Johnson though are). A fighter getting arrested for assult like this or a domestic assult should be treated much more harshly than a steriod offense imo, like Leben getting 9 months for using but Johnson just getting another fight for punching a exgirlfriend.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

He sucked anyway.

• cocoonofhorror says:

yeah, he is vastly overrated as a fighter. tons of potential, but will never reach it because of his mental/emotional issues. its a shame in a way, but in another way it is time for him to fish or cut bait.

• 3OAM says:

“I will kill you and rape your family”

Probably one of the classier fighters in MMA today.

Junie Browning is the type of guy that trains so he can pick fights. He’s the loose cannon, douchebag at your party who picks fights over nothing and fruitlessly hits on all the girls, who all think he’s a freak. Guy’s got a screw loose and he’s gonna end up killing someone if he doesn’t mellow a bit.

He needs some earth-shattering event to occur in his life so he can humble out and chill…that or castration. I’d prefer the former, but that’s just me.