Tito Ortiz: ‘[Mark Coleman] sissies out’ : UPDATED

titoortiz1Will “The Hammer” drop on Tito Ortiz come November 21st? “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” doesn’t seem to think so and he’s taken to Twitter to assure fans Coleman’s absence from the card won’t prevent him from stepping into the Octagon at UFC 106. Ortiz recently posted the following in regards to the situation:

“Coleman,Coleman,Coleman. Too bad he sissies out!!! Who’s next??? I’m kicking someone’s ass on Nov 21st!”

No official announcement has been made regarding Coleman’s status. The former UFC Heavyweight Champion is 1-1 in his recent return to the promotion he started his career in with a decision victory coming in his most recent bout against Stephan Bonnar.

UFC 106 is set for Las Vegas and headlined by a title-fight between champion Brock Lesnar and undefeated challenger Shane Carwin. While it may be too early to speculate on possible replacements for Coleman if he does indeed have to withdraw, notable 205-pound fighters Luis Cane and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira are rumored to be facing each other at the same event so it is possible one could fill in as a substitute opponent for Ortiz.

::UPDATE::

Mike DiSabato ,(of CageFighter)  long time sponsor of Coleman, confirmed a second-degree tear of Coleman’s MCL knee ligament  today  to FightersOnlyMagazine and said that he (Coleman) has asked for the fight to be rescheduled for January 2nd.

DiSabato was also critical of the Tweet by Ortiz, “Tito says ‘sissy?’ The only thing Coleman is afraid of is contracting swine flu from that d-bag!”

• ozz_the_powerful says:

Little Nog would be great.

Jon Jones, Brian Stann…… Hell, why not Jardine?

• David Andrest says:

Make it Kimbo and you’ll have the highest selling PPV in History

• mikee1980 says:

I wouldn’t necessarily agree with that statement at all. Plus, I think Dana or matchmaker Joe Silva would catch alot of flak for that. For Ortiz, that would be like shooting fish in a barrel. I was pumped for Ortiz’s return against Coleman because I don’t believe Coleman is legitimate competion for Tito. Now however, if they bring a higher caliber fighter in to face him I am a little nervous about the outcome. I want Tito to make a good comeback but what about his ring rust and level of evolution in the sport?

And…..is it just me or does it seem like when a fighter gets into a serious relationship and/or has kids, his level of quality within the sport slowly decreases?

• xtreme_machine says:

Jon Jones would beat him
    Stann is not a big enough name

i hell rematch with Forrest

• brian stann wants to fight him, set it up it’ll be good for brian stann, might be a dangerous fight for forrest considering his state of mind right now….

• ozz_the_powerful says:

“Jon Jones would beat him”

Why? B/c he decisioned over Bonnar and subbed O’Brien? Didn’t COLEMAN just decision Bonnar?

Jones hasn’t fought 1/10th of the level of competition Ortiz has. I would pick Ortiz over Jones in a heartbeat

• RoadsideGraphix says:

Tito vs. Ryan Bader would be nice or Tito vs Vitor Belfort…. I know he just fought be he was not in there very long and took no damage.

• hindsightufuk says:

rematch with forrest sounds appealing

i’d rather not see Luis or Nog step up as that looks like being one hell of a fight with the winner being a short distcance from a title shot

rematch rashad would be ideal to

• fetussandwich says:

Have Herschel Walker cut weight.

• dpk says:

Arona (if UFC could sign him), Franklin, or Matyushenko would all be good choices. I love the Nog/Cane matchup and hope that they don’t mess with it.

• jamessafetyman says:

i agree with u again ozzz this is u buddy safetman to

ozz_the_powerful: Little Nog would be great.
    Personally, I’d like to see him beat the stuffing out of Franklin, but that probably won’t come to fruition as soon as I would hope.Jon Jones, Brian Stann…… Hell, why not Jardine?

• cocoonofhorror says:

HAHAHA Coleman’s manager played the “your wife is a slore” card!!!! this is getting good!!

• metalmulisha says:

If the UFC wants to ease Tito back with a win to build him up which they do that’s why this Coleman fight was scheduled they’ll wait till Jan.2nd for Coleman to heal.

Otherwise they’re gonna have to match him with someone like Bonnar, Stann or maybe Jardine, because if they have him fight Banha Cane, Jon Jones, or Little Nog he’s going to lose, and I think they know that.

• fanoftna33 says:

I like the Idea of Having Stann fight Tito. Its a good situation for both guys, Stann wins he gets some name recognition to his resume and the ufc can push him more. Tito should not come back from surgury and take on a top 10 or15 LHW due to the extended absence-Somebody that a Prime Tito should handle pretty well. If Tito wins great step up the competition a bit maybe Franklin, or the rematche with Forrest. If Tito loses(very unlikely vs Stann) you build a young fighter and let Tito get back in a little better shape and fight again. A win-win.

• MMAfan1107 says:

I sure hope its not Kimbo! Kimbo sucks! Bader or Soszynski would be a interesting match up.

• shocbomb says:

Even if Coleman backs out I just don’t see Joe Silva matching Tito up with a top notch 205er for his first fight back in the UFC ? I really think the UFC wants to give Tito a fighter like a Coleman a lower level 205er where he is almost guaranteed to get the W for his return fight. I would be real shcoked if they match his up with even a mid level competition for his first fight back. I can see maybe Stephan Bonnar stepping in but thats still somewhat risky, I think they will thorw Tito a can if Coleman backs out like a Mustapha al Turk type, etc