DREAM.11 Live Results and Play by Play

Live from Kanagawa, Japan the Dream.11 Featherweight grand prix finals. Today’s event is taking place at Yokohama Arena. Stay tuned to FiveOuncesofPain.com for live coverage and Results.
IF YOU PLAN TO COMMENT AND WATCH THE PLAY BY PLAY CLICK HERE

FULL CARD
* Bibiano Fernandes def. Hiroyuki Takaya via split decision Featherweight grand prix finale
* Shinya Aoki def.Joachim Hansen via Armbar ROUND 2 (for DREAM lightweight title)
* Kazushi Sakuraba def. Rubin Williams via sub Round 1
* Tatsuya Kawajiri def. Melchor “Barracuda” Manibusan via TKO
* Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou def. Bob Sapp via TKO
* Ikuhisa Minowa def Hong Man Choi Heel Hook Round 2
* Bibiano Fernandes def. Joe Warren via Armbar :35 ROUND 1
* Hiroyuki Takaya def Hideo Tokoro via TKO ROUND 2
* Kazuyuki Miyata def. Daiki “DJ.taiki” Hata via Decision*reserve fight

• metalmulisha says:

Kawajiri beating down Barracuda was brutal. Bob Sapp once again steals money from an MMA promotion, and now maybe Joe Warren will learn a little humility, but probably not since he wasn’t even bright enough to tap. The ref did him a favor. He never struck me as being very bright anyway.

• David Andrest says:

metalmulisha:The ref did him a favor.

Aint that the truth

• GassedOut says:

Gotta say, that was awesome! Thanks 5Oz!

• edub says:

Im really not a fan of either announcer. I really dont feel Hansen was winning that fight

• hindsightufuk says:

fuck i am shit at calling fights!

• David Andrest says:

I though Hansen was winning it quite easily.

• edub says:

David Andrest: I though Hansen was winning it quite easily.

Really man? I could see he was doing more damage, and the ball kick to up kick combo was pretty unfortunate in the middle of the first round, but aoki controlled most of the fight. He took down Joachim almost at will and except for one pretty good armbar attempt(which Aoki was really not in trouble with). I had Aoki ahead on the scorecards.

• David Andrest says:

I guess I’m a bit more of a person who judges not only on position but what is done with it. Aoki was doing so little I had Hansen winning from the bottom. I like Aoki, I really do, but his shenanigans are getting a bit crazy……and I’m not speaking of the up kicks.

I’m really not sold on him as a top 55 or JZ as well for that matter.

• edub says:

Understandable. I thought he fought a very well thought out(BORING) fight. Did what he had to do got the fight where it needed to be and finished(although it looked like Hansen almost finished the roll to armbar for Aoki).

Im thinking if nothing was wrong with Hansen he needs to head down to 145. 150 is 4 under their limit and he looked almost as skinny as aoki(even though hes much shorter).

IF/When Kawajiri and Aoki fight I think The Crusher takes it. He’s stronger with a lot better standup. I think he’ll TKO Aoki with GnP.

• metalmulisha says:

David Andrest: I though Hansen was winning it quite easily.

I wouldn’t say easily but I think Hansen would’ve won a decision.

Which is impressive considering this was his first fight in well over a year.
    Aoki showed me something in this fight as far as taking a couple good shots and hanging in there because the big knock on him is he can’t take people landing punches on him.

I’m not sure who I’d pick right now between the two, but I just can’t wait to see Aoki/Kawajiri on NYE.
    If Dream does line up a rumored Diaz/Sakurai fight those two fights alone would be the beginning of a sick card.

• David Andrest says:

If Aoki doesn’t get the sub, Aoki looses that fight IMO.

Yeah hansen was light, maybe overtrained? who knows.

• fetussandwich says:

One word comes to mind when I envision Bob Sapp’s MMA future–STOP.

• fanoftna33 says:

This was another pretty good card by Dream, Sokodju still looked like he has a bit of “rage” going on as he is having trouble stopping whan the ref says stop. I knoe Aoki is a great ground guy but it looked to me like he got hurt by the upkick and milked it for all he could so he didnt get koed again, thats to bad for Hansen. Sakaruba did his job, and now maybe we will see Sakaruba vs Masa Funaki(shown at ringside) a true battle of the legends.