5 Oz. Exclusive with Alistair Overeem: ‘I’m not impressed with Brett Rogers’

Alistair OvereemFiveOuncesofPain.com recently had the chance to catch up with current Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem to gather his thoughts on Brett “Grim” Rogers recent comments where he stated:

I feel like I should already have the title for when I fought Arlovski. That title should have been mine, but Alistair keeps procrastinating and making up little excuses abut his hand and all this. I mean, he has I don’t know how many other wins, but he’s making excuses. We’re going to get our day.

I’m about to get two titles in a sense [laughs]. I’m going to take out Fedor, and I’m going to take out Overeem whenever I get to him.

When asked his thoughts on Rogers as a fighter and possible future opponent, “The Demolition Man” was blunt and to the point.

“I’m not impressed with Brett Rogers,” commented Overeem in an exclusive conversation with FiveOuncesofPain.com. “Although he had a nice win over Andrei Arlovski.”

With that being said, it shouldn’t be hard to determine who Overeem expects to come out on top of the upcoming heavyweight battle between Rogers and Fedor Emelianenko on CBS in November.

“Fedor will win as he knows how to beat big guys well,” explained Overeem, a “big guy” in his own right at 6’5″ and 250+ pounds.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

No comments yet? Hmmm.

Maybe that’s an indication of what people think……

Kinda weird you can’t defend your title, yet you can compete in K-1.

As far as the size goes….. I’ve been saying that for a while, as have a LOT of other people. Maybe it’s time to leave well enough alone though.

• fanoftna33 says:

I would like to see Rogers ko Overeem for the title, at least it will be on a fighter who wants to fight.

• 27jride says:

He’s not impressed with Rogers huh? I wonder if ANYONE was impressed when he beat up that bicycle last week. He should never be allowed to say the word “impressed” again.

• cocoonofhorror says:

LMAO! fight or STFU.

• metalmulisha says:

Overeem vs. Sam Hoger?

• Cory Brady says:

metalmulisha:

Overeem vs. Sam Hoger?

Checking into it right now with Overeem’s people. Stay tuned…

• fraz says:

Rogers carries around 35 pounds of extra blubber but at least we know he’s not juicing like Overreem (the black Brett Rodgers with 1/2 the talent).

• twyg says:

I now hate Alistair and want him to lose more then I wanted Ivan Drago to lose to Rocky. I want to see him get beat worse then Leonardo DiCaprio gets beaten in Gangs of New York. Whoever fights this asshole next had better go all Joe Pesci From Goodfellas when he is beating Billy Batts. I really dislike this guy, but now I want to watch a movie.

• BigDave says:

Hey Coker would you strip this bitch of his title already and make the fedor massacre a title fight so we can get this over with.