Five Ounces’ Cory Brady pens Fedor Emelianenko cover story for Ultimate MMA Magazine

Many of you know me as Cory Brady, editor in chief right here at FiveOuncesofPain.com, and while there is no denying who I am, few are aware that I also fill up my “spare time” writing features for several of the most respected magazines in the industry, including Ultimate MMA Magazine.

If you’re not familiar with the publication, you should get familiar, you won’t be disappointed. It’s one of the longest running magazines in the sport for good reason.

Having just recently making the name switch official, Ultimate MMA was long known as Ultimate Grappling Magazine.

This is the same Ultimate Grappling Magazine I would buy religiously during my years training in the sport back when there were no UFC’s to be found on pay-per-view, let alone on Spike TV. The same magazine I would tear TapouT ads and Wanderlei Silva pictures out of to plaster all over my apartment walls.

That’s why it gives me a very personal sense of accomplishment to announce that you will notice my name as the cover author for the Fedor Emelianenko portion (one of the toughest interviews to score in the business. I mean c’mon, the guy lives in Russia for crying out loud) of December 2009’s Ultimate MMA Magazine. Available in stores everywhere right now!

Fedor was very humble and down to earth as I’m sure you guys would expect. A real gentleman and a great representative of the sport in my opinion.

Pick up the magazine to read our very exclusive conversation where “The Last Emperor” discusses everything that matters.

I guess there’s some other guy on the cover of the magazine too……

Ultimate MMA Magazine - December 2009

Ultimate MMA Magazine - December 2009

• fanoftna33 says:

Good job getting a interview with Fedor.

• xtreme_machine says:

Congrats man

Look foward to reading the article

• metalmulisha says:

I’ll have to pick up the issue next time I’m at Barnes & Noble. Great job, Cory.

• edub says:

How funny is it to you Cory that they made Brock about twice the size of Fedor. Gotta love hype.

• Joseph says:

Why is Fedor in the back? He should be in the front.

• Angry Mike says:

Well done.

• danw84 says:

Joseph: Why is Fedor in the back?He should be in the front.

Was just thinking the same thing.

• twyg says:

Why is Brock in front you ask?, because newbies to the sport know who he is and have never seen Fedor ever and can not even pronounce his last name. Cory great get and now I am going to have to pick this up. I hope you didn’t just ask softballs ( some people would after getting the big score), and did anyone notice the teaser on the cover? The man who can beat Anderson Silva.

• Cory Brady says:

Thanks guys!

To be completly honest, I had no idea Brock was going to be a part of the cover until I saw the magazine and I was like, “Oh, okay”. But I really think it just makes the magazine that much more appealing. The Fedor/Brock cover? It doesn’t get much better than that imho, lol.

As far as Brock being in front of Fedor, I’d rather not comment on that one, other than the fact that it has been proven that Lesnar is a larger draw right now.

All I have to say is Lesnar better think twice about giving his back to Fedor, cause Fedor has that look on his face like he’s about to sink in the RNC, and Brock looks like he knows it’c coming, and there’s not a damn thing he can do about it.

As far as asking softballs goes, there’s no way that was going to happen. I think most people that know me, know that I thrive on asking the tough questions in a respectable manner. I went into that story knowing it was for the cover, and I treated it as such.

If any of you guys get a chance to pick up the magazine, let me know what you think.

I also did a Cain Velasquez piece for Ultimate MMA in August, and I have a really revealing interview with Jon Fitch coming out in the next issue.

Thanks for the support guys!!

• TheNotoriousJJ says:

I just picked up the magazine, haven’t had a chance to read it yet. I’ve been a 5oz”s fan for years now and just wanted to say Congratulations! Keep up the good work.

• twyg says:

Cory I didn’t mean any disrespect, and you are right about the looks on Fedor and Brocks faces. Fedor has almost a smirk going on and Brock looks sad; like someone just murdered a puppy in front of him before the picture was taken.

• Dr.Stoppage says:

WHAT did the call you in Russia?
    I mean,how did they pronounce your name?

• Austin says:

Joseph: Why is Fedor in the back?He should be in the front.

You’re right, Fedor IS the power bottom.

• metalmulisha says:

I almost forgot to mention before I call it a night I was at my local Walmart after work and noticed this issue in the magazine section picked it up and have to say very good piece Cory, and was wondering when Fedor says he’s very happy with his contract with M-1 is that a totally separate deal that has nothing to do with his contract with Strikeforce or are they one in the same?

Lastly is this going to be a monthly happening for you to write up a piece for this magazine?