Bobby Lashley in talks with Strikeforce

bobbylashleyThe former WWE pro wrestler turned fighter, Bobby Lashley, is reportedly in negotiations with Strikeforce.

According to a recent report on MMAFanhouse.com, Lashley is currently in talks with the San Jose based organization.

Rumors of late have Lashley fighting for Strikeforce as early as the scheduled November 7 card featuring Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers, but nothing has been confirmed as of yet.

Lashley, who is currently under contract with Prize Fight Promotions, has two fights left on his contract, so it remains to be seen if he can make a deal prior to completing his contractual obligations with the organization.

The undefeated prospect hasn’t fought since his first round destruction over Bob Sapp back in June. He currently holds a 4-0 record, with only one fight going past the first round.

Lashley has recently been active working for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, but his manager, Greg Bloom, had this to say, “Bobby’s will to fight has never gone away. He’s been ready to fight since June 28. It’s just getting the promoters to get their ducks in a row. Bobby Lashley is as committed to MMA as he’s been since he stepped in the cage. He’s always training; he’s always in the gym; he’s always ready to fight. Him being in TNA more than in MMA at this point has nothing to do with Bobby Lashley. We’re just waiting for the promoters to let us know when and where.”

• edub says:

Bobby Lashley vs. Herschel Walker.

• Cory Brady says:

Nice one edub!

• xtreme_machine says:

Yeah built him up and have him face Fedor after he beats all the other guys

just let Bobby fight the guys Fedor beats

and when he is ready and there is no one else for fedor to face you got the super fight

Kind of like a pre-Lesnar fight for Fedor

• slayer6 says:

Lashley should have went the TUF way too. I know for a fact he isnt half the athlete and fighter that Brock is, but he will wrestle around with a few decent HW’s in Strikeforce maybe. I sure hope they dont put him in there with Fedor, that would be just mean.

• metalmulisha says:

slayer6 “I know for a fact he isnt half the athlete and fighter that Brock is”

I’m glad you made such a great case to back up your claim.

• edub says:

Gotta agree with Slayer Metal. Bobby looked ok against Bob Sapp and almost got choked out Jason Guida. Brock has looked immensely more talented in every area of mma since their crossovers.

• Lesnar is a former NCAA national champion, Lashley was only a NAIA champion.

Lesnar has four wins under his UFC HW title belt including Herring, Couture, and Mir. Lashley has four wins under his proverbial belt including Guida, Cook, and Sapp.

• metalmulisha says:

You missed my point.

I agree that Lesnar is a better fighter Lashley, but that our opinion not a fact as he was claiming it to be, and I have no idea who the better athlete is.

When he said I know for a fact he’s a better fighter and athlete I thought he was going to come with some inside information about something relevant he knew instead of just giving his opinion.

• egad81 says:

Everyone wants to see Lashley vs Lesnar in an MMA setting!

• MM izzle my Nizzle says:

I know for a fact that Lesnar is 4.5 times the athlete that Tim Sylvia’s training partner Steve is.
    Dispute that.
    As for Lashley and Strikeforce…look behind you Dana! a company that is just as well run and is more willing to work with others is creeping up.

• twyg says:

Hey if they can find a decent oppenent for him great, I am going to this so the more fights the better.

• dpk says:

this makes sense for strikeforce, I wonder if they would put him in with Roger Gracie. I’m surprised UFC hasn’t tried to pick him up. He struggled with Guida, but all of his other fights have been dominating, and he has shown a ton of potential. I’m not saying that he is ready to fight Brock, but he would have plenty of good matches to build himself up and keep developing.

• Austin says:

Slayer6 I know for a fact, that you don’t have any facts to back up your statement.

• elkymbo says:

Recent studies have found that 63% of statistics are made up on the spot.

• theinfamousjmo says:

So if 63% of statistics are made up on the spot, and 75% of statistics are meaningless, what is the probability that a statistic made up on the spot will be meaningless?

• Vogairian says:

I’d like to see Bobby get a shot in the UFC, but I don’t think it would work out simply because I don’t see them allowing him to continue his wrestling in TNA.

As for him fighting in Strikeforce, maybe give him a go against a guy like Cormier on their challengers series and then maybe give him a name people will recognize and if all goes well start looking at some of their top end HW’s.

• edub says:

I dont think Lashley would have a shot at beating Cormier, but I would love to see him prove me wrong. Just seems like a horrible style matchup for Lashley.