Kimbo Slice: ‘I carry my gun with me wherever I go’

KimboJustin Wren, former Greco Roman National Champion wrestler and current cast member of the tenth season of The Ultimate Fighter, recently made mixed martial arts headlines when he discussed a story he heard from Kimbo Slice while a resident at the TUF compound.

In a conversation with TapouT Radio, Wren addressed reports that Kimbo’s management had gone as far as to insure Kimbo’s beard in fear of potential household shenanigans involving scissors, electric razors, hedge clippers, fire, or god knows what else.

As he got further into the subject, Wren began to convey that Kimbo’s beard was protected by more than just an insurance policy. Not unless that that insurance policy was issued through Smith & Wesson.

“He definitely says some crazy stuff,” said Wren. “I heard a story about how he went down to ATT (The American Top Team in Coconut Creek, Florida) to train and got armbarred. Kimbo doesn’t like to tap, so he didn’t tap and the guy hurt his arm. So he came back in there with a gun. Cops were called and everyone went nuts. So we didn’t necessarily want to mess with Kimbo’s beard, but there were definitely talks about it, for sure.”

When questioned about the incident in a recent media call to promote this evening’s TUF 10 bout with Roy Nelson, Kimbo was quick to correct Wren’s version of events, explaining there was no reason for him to come back into anywhere with a gun; Kimbo stays strapped at all times.

“Well first of all, with my pistol, I carry my gun with me wherever I go man,” explained the native of the Bahamas, and resident to Miami, Florida. “I don’t have to leave and come back with nothing.

“But yes, I was at ATT a couple years ago and I got arm barred, you know what I’m saying? But I didn’t go get no pistol or nothing like that and come back with no pistol.

“I got arm barred and I didn’t like it, you know what I’m saying? But, you know, I know how to defend that s*** now so I won’t be having that problem anymore.”

• BigDave says:

Can this ass get any less likeable. I hope he shots himself with his gun. He is such a piece of garbage and i can’t wait for the day that someone really fucks him up bad. I’ll be laughing my ass off when I here that he got shot or some other thing like that because he is the type of person that doesn’t deserve to breathe the same air as normal people. He is a wanna be thug gang member, and thats just his good qualities.

• Angry Mike says:

Whoa there, captain. If something bad happened to everybody who’s ever behaved badly, the world would be a lonely place.

• metalmulisha says:

BigDave “GODDAMN I’VE NEVER WISHED DEATH ON ANYONE BUT I CERTAINLY WOULDN”T LOSE ANY SLEEP IF SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED TO BIMBO SPLICE!”

I’m sure if he knew you at all the feeling would be mutual.

• CMT says:

Damn, BigDave with the hate speech and Angry Mike with the voice of reason, the world is coming to an end. Goose Fraba, BigDave, Goose Fraba.

• Rampage says:

Who cares if he carries a gun anyway???? The guy is probably targeted by every self-proclaimed bad ass out there. If I were him, I’d carry one too.

• BigDave says:

Ya I kinda went off a bit had a rough day but the fact still remains i hate this guy more then anyone i have never met.

• Makington says:

Kind of makes him come off like an idiot. But what did you expect?

• xtreme_machine says:

common man this guy gives MMA a bad name with every word that comes out of his mouth

i know Dana keeps him because he draws people but i can’t wait for him to leave the UFC for good

• Austin says:

Kimbo needs to move into ATT and live there for 2 years. He’ll never worry about jiu jitsu shit again.

• madheartmma says:

WHHHOOOA, “you HATE” THIS DUDE MORE THAN ANYONE YOU KNOW? WWWOOOOOWWWW! You dont KNOW him, and really…how many people do? You have no idea what is like to be him, deal with anything he has had to deal with, or the inner city, (belly of the city), he had to live in. Talk about pecking order. And, all you have seen, or heard about this guy, is from the “media”, like that’s a reliable avenue for judging another human being..And if this guy was a “scary”, “gangsta-thug” streetfighter, (who just so happened to get, speed-of-light-time-warped-into the hot,bright,spotlight ) AND NOW is a hardworking, HUMBLE, student of mma…HOW IS HE BAD FOR MMA? BECAUSE MMA- HELPED CONVERT A MAN, TO BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS? WORK HARD? BE HUMBLE? I didnt hear him make ANY EXCUSES when he lost to Seth P., So, any way I also agree with Rampage(blogger up top), I grew up in the city, you HAVE to know how to fight, and guys who dont, CARRY GUNS, and you cant KO, or armbar, a bullet, so you might want to carry one to, especially if THERE ARE GUYS THAT HATE YOU..MORE THAN ANYONE THEY KNOW, AND WOULD SMILE IF YOU DIED. “JEALOUSY AND HATRED ARE BROTHERS, THAT WILL INTRODUCE YOU TO DEATH” – THINK B4 YOU SPEAK…OR WRITE. DONT HATE CONGRATULATE. TAKE YOUR VITAMINS, AND WASH IT DOWN WITH A GLASS OF HUMILITY. late