Kimbo Slice on potential Seth Petruzelli rematch: ‘We can do it barenuckle style’

KimboReverting to his thugged out Youtube roots to some degree during the UFC media call meant to promote this Wednesday evening’s highly anticipated bout between himself and Roy “Big Country” Nelson on The Ultimate Fighter, Kimbo Slice said if it was up to him a rematch between himself and Seth Petruzelli could be fought without the use of gloves.

Of course the two faced off during one of the most highly viewed bouts in the history of mixed martial arts, as the “Silverback” stepped up on just hours notice for Ken Shamrock who had sustained a cut just prior to the CBS headlining bout, knocking the heavily marketed street brawler senseless with a barrage of punches a mere fourteen seconds in the contest.

Kimbo went AWOL from the sport upon the demise of EliteXC, recently resurfacing at the Ultimate Fighter house during the current, tenth season, featuring nothing but the heavyweights.

Everything was rekindled when Seth recently made a post on the popular mixed martial arts forum, The Underground, stating that Kimbo was basically ducking him. Below is a portion from the post in Petruzelli’s own words:

there were 3 times that we could have fought after the elite show for you to get a rematch, but you declined all 3 times. now you go on ESPN making excuses, saying the only reason you lost was that it was sprung on you the last minute and that you can beat me with one hand behind your back!!!! you can go F yourself…maybe now that the UFC is having me back we will see for sure.

However, when confronted with the topic today during the scheduled media call, Kimbo was quick to fire back, threatening to take it to the street if need be.

“Seth needs to be careful now because we both live in the same backyard, and I know that little sissy ice cream shop,” commented Kimbo. “I can walk in at any given time and go, ‘Yo, what’s up, man?'”

Most fans would probably agree that they would much rather see the rematch take place somewhere they could watch it. Preferably on TV, and not the Smoothie King Seth currently owns and operates in Kimbo’s own stomping grounds of Miami, Florida.

As the bearded brawler from the Bahamas explained, everything Petruzelli had to say in his recent post was nothing short of complete nonsense.

“No one ever approached me with no rematch with Seth, and I never turned that s*** down,” said Kimbo. “That right there is B.S., bull****. It didn’t happen.”

So will we be seeing Seth vs. Kimbo in the Octagon together anytime in the near future? It seems like a good possibility. Just as long as Kimbo’s thug mentality doesn’t end up landing him square in a Miami State Prison for a slew of charges relating to a fight he provoked in front of a bunch of unsuspecting women and children in a Florida ice cream shop on a hot sunny day.

“If Seth signed with the UFC, and Dana and them want to match it up, damn right I’ll run it again with him,” exclaimed Slice.

“We don’t even need to do it in a ring. We can do it bare-knuckle style because I don’t like liars.”

• jmack91 says:

Put up or shut up Slice.I’m can’t wait to see on wednesday if you are for real.

• fanoftna33 says:

I would like to see this rematch, I think a better prepaired Kimbo vs Seth would make a very good stand up fight. I like both fighters but I would go with Seth in the rematch based just on the experience he has on Kimbo, but probably by decision as I think Kimbo would be much better this time.

• Bullylover says:

i got to say that was hilarious when kimbo said “I know that little sissy ice cream shop.Doubt that we’ll ever see a rematch though and i never heard of Petruzelli being brought back to the ufc,has anyone heard of this yet?

• Angry Mike says:

I could be all wrong, but this kind of statement makes me think that Kimbo did alright on TUF. If he lost in the first round, it doesn’t seem as if he’d be this cocky. I guess we’ll see on Wednesday.

• edub says:

Yea Mike Im getting more and more confident each day that were gonna see a Kimbo W in some way shape or form on Wednesday.

• Bullylover says:

i’m sure that kimbo had to of one his 1st fight on tuff or i think that zuffa would’ve edited the season to make it seem like kimbo fought last for the sake of their ratings.where if kimbo wins his first fight i’m sure that ratings will get higher because more people will want to see just how well kimbo will do.

• Makington says:

There’s really no reason he should win though. Maybe he will but I would bet against him every fight.

• xtreme_machine says:

i don’t think he should do the rematch

but if he does Seth 1st KO spinning head kick (TUF 2 That was awesome)

• fanoftna33 says:

regardless of rather or not Kimbo wins his fight tommarow night, Dana has already ststed that he will get to fight in the ufc. Seth has stated a few times that he is in negotiations with the ufc right now, although it has yet to be confirmed by Joe Silva or Dana White.

• BigDave says:

Just more proof that Bimbo is a meathead wanna be gangster that should never be aloud to fight in any mma organization. Let him go back to beating up crackheads for food stamps.

• moosebaby02 says:

I hear ya mike it sure does. either way what a way to get every one to watch on wedensday

• cocoonofhorror says:

damn Petroce3lli is becoming more annoying than Fraud-zilla. stick to the ghey jokes or STFU.