Sengoku 10 Quick Results

Fans at Saitama Super Arena were treated to a night of intense action as seven of the evening’s eleven scheduled bouts for Sengoku 10 saw one of the participants rendered unable to continue as the result of a KO/TKO.

While a few favorites found their hands raised at the end of things, the event was not without its share of upsets too.

Below is a full list of results from the event:

Jay Hyun So def. Ryosuke Komori – Judges’ Decision

Shigeki Osawa def. Ki Hyun Kim – Judges’ Decision

Ikuo Usuda def. Woo Hyon Baek – TKO – RD 1

Maximo Blanco def. Tetsuya Yamada – TKO – RD 2

Joe Doerksen def. Takenori Sato – TKO – RD 2

Dan Hornbuckle def. Nick Thompson – TKO – RD 2

Fabio Silva def. Ryo Kawamura – TKO (Corner Stoppage) – RD 1

Kazunori Yokota def. Ryan Schultz – KO – RD 1

Makoto Takimoto def. Jaw Sun lee – Judges’ Decision

Antonio Silva def. Jim York – Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke) – RD 1

Antz Nansen def. Hiroshi Izumi – TKO – RD 1

• Wow. And Schultz’s downward spiral continues.

Hopefully the same won’t be said for Thompson…

• edub says:

Yea Schultz just cant catch a brake. He was on such a roll leaving the IFL. I guess this latest run makes light of the fact of how inconsisten some fighters can be.

• metalmulisha says:

Schultz’s downward spiral just shows that the lightweight division is much better in Japan than it was in the IFL.
    Bart Palaszewski was a top guy in the IFL’s lightweight division then got worked in the WEC.

Antonio Junior Silva wins for the second time in Sengoku and according to him he’s ready to fight in the U.S. again.

Also Sengoku announced at the event that they’ll be going head to head with the Dynamite show in Japan on New Years Eve. Interesting.

• edub says:

GOod point Metal. Did anyone stay up late enough to watch it? I read the pbp and it said Izumi didnt go for one takedown. Hopefully Silva will leave Sengoku before he fights Barnett. I really dont wanna see Barnett ever get contenders to fight again.

• twyg says:

edub I agree 100% with your statement regarding Barnett. If I had things my way Barnett would be blacklisted from the sport. There is no room for multiple time cheaters (except in Japan). God damnit, why do the pain in the ass japanese treat this sport like fucking pro wrestling? Fuck the juice and all the dickheads who use it.

• bigbadjohn says:

I agree, multiple offenders should be blacklisted. But doesn’t anyone get the idea that maybe steroids and other banned substances probably are more prevalent in this sport than we want to believe?… Some get caught when careless but many successfully cover it up? I know with advances in medicine that there are many effective masking agents and flushes available out there, so the temptation must be high especially on those hoping to recover from significant injuries or losses without much to lose.

• MM izzle my Nizzle says:

twyg but many many people that have come clean about steroids have also said that the majority of athletes use them. Not saying that that is 100% true but I think if we really knew who was “cheating” we would be shocked, well I wouldn’t be because I think most do or have. I think only a small minority get caught.

• twyg says:

Your probably right it just sucks that these guys who use don’t really care about the sport. It is the time we live in though, but I still refuse to except it. Why guys who don’t use cover for the ones that do has always blown my mind.