It’s Official: Fedor Is Coming To Chicago

It’s been confirmed that the Sears Centre in the suburb just outside of Chicago will be hosting the highly anticipated Strikeforce bout between Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers.

It was reported last week that the Hoffman Estates venue was on the verge of being approved, but was officially confirmed by Strikeforce Director of Communications Mike Afromowitz through a report from MMAWeekly.com.

In addition to the headline heavyweight bout, Jake Shields vs. Jason Miller is also set to take place with the recently vacated middleweight title on the line.

Other rumored bouts are being set, including newly crowned light heavyweight champion Gegard Mousasi, and women’s champion Chris Cyborg.

This event is scheduled to debut live on CBS between between 9 p.m. and 11 p.m. E.S.T.

Tickets go on sale Monday, Sept. 23 at Ticketmaster.com, Strikeforce.com, and the Sears Centre box office.

• metalmulisha says:

I hope that Mayhem works over Shields, and I hope the Fedor/Rogers fight lasts longer than a minute.

I listened to Afromowitz on Sherdog today and he all but said that Marloes Coenan would be fighting Cris Cyborg.
    It’ll be very interesting to see who fights Mousasi.

• xtreme_machine says:

i got the pleasure to see Fedor live at the last Affliction show

i stood like 2 feet way from greatness as it was making its entrance

and all i have to say is that he is every bit he is hyped up to be

Long live the The Last Emperor known as the Russian Military Experiment

• twyg says:

Yeah this is great being that it is like a half hour from where I live. One thing I am posting this on Thursday Sept. 24 so the ticket sale date you have is wrong. Could you please let us know the correct date so I can get my money ready. Rogers doesn’t make it out of the second round.

• bigbadjohn says:

here’s to strikeforce going belly up after fedor get dropped by last minute fill in for brett rogers, HERSCHEL WALKER ala petruzelli on kimbo in eliteXC!

• twyg says:

Tickets go on sale Monday, Sept. 28. Friday for Strikeforce fanclub or whatever the hell they call it.

• Jason Polley says:

Thanks TWYG.
    Tickets go on sale Friday for Strikeforce Insider subscribers.
    General tickets go on sale Monday.
    Sorry about that….

• edub says:

Does it annoy anyone else that Marloes Coenen gets the first shot at Cyborg when she got beat in her last fight, she got KOd by Erin Toughill, and obviously Erin Toughill would be the better matchup.

Kinda annoys me.

Anyway Fedor rnc in 1.

• edub says:

Oh yea and no prediction on the Miller/ Shields fight. Should be very close IMO. Hopefully it is not a snoozefest.

• neijia says:

Cannot wait. At least for the title fight.

• Bullylover says:

Bet those in chicago are going to love seeing cyborg tear up Marloes Coenen

• s00nertp says:

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I wish this was in newark, nj.
    I want to see Fedor fight live so badly.

• MM izzle my Nizzle says: