Dana White: ‘I hope [Rampage] makes it big, and I’m not being sarcastic’

After a shocking retirement announcement made by former light heavyweight champion, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson yesterday, we don’t have to wait long for UFC President Dana White’s response.

In an interview with radio host Carmichael Dave this morning, White had this to say:

Rampage is a grown man. He’s acting like a baby right now, but he’s a grown man. If he wants to be in the movie business, Rampage, good luck to you, man. I hope he makes it big, and I’m not being sarcastic. … I hope the movie thing works out for him. If that’s what he truly wants to do, and that’s what he feels and that’s what he thinks his career is, I wish him all the luck in the world… [He] has been a friend of ours. We really like Rampage. I’m not going to get into the battle of who’s done what for who and all that stuff. We’ve done a lot for him and yes, he’s been there and fought. The guys who come in here, they’re fighters. That’s what they do. We give them fights and they fight. And they make money and we make money. That’s the way it works… I got so pissed off. I’m speaking my mind, he thinks I’m trying to ruin his movie career… He’s a grown man. He can do whatever he wants to do.

Although Rampage is not the first fighter to hang it up for acting, and certainly not the last, only time will tell if he ever steps into the octagon again.

• Angry Mike says:

You wait. Somebody will invent some way to interpet this as evil

• moosebaby02 says:

See last week KILLING Rampage for want to do the movie, now all of a sudden a more subdued response. Mike there is evil in everything Dana does and trust me I WAS one of his biggest backers but the more he opens his mouth the more his true colors come out. This a whole lot of back peddeling going on here and it seems to be from Mr. White.
    Rampage will be back but it wont be happening through Dana’s hands. Just by his response alone has all the smell of one of the F brothers taken care of getting him back

• edub says:

It sounds to me that Dana knows he flew off the handle a little too far in the first place. Props to him for back tracking and trying to mend fences with a guy who hes done a lot of business with and who is a personal friend of his.

• Angry Mike says:

Everybody has their own take on it, but that’s a gracious statement in my book. And that makes me think it’s sincere and motivated by friendship, which also an explains how well Rampage was treated by UFC after his energy drink breakdown and motor vehicle accident.

• 3OAM says:

I’m used to seeing “expletive” in brackets when Dana White is quoted.

I think Rampage will do well as Baracus, but really, where to go after that? He’s only going to have thug roles. This is silly.

• neijia says:

well-ell. Good job Dana for not flying off the handle again. That was an ok and seemingly sincere statement. Rampage is funny as all get out unscripted. Time will tell if that translates to scripted acting roles… at the very, very least, he can be a B-list reality star. He is WAY more entertaining than all those idiots like Flava Flav, the singer from Poison, Jon and Kate, the Khloe Kardashian, and so on…

• moosebaby02 says:

i think he will be able to get more than thug roles or the token black guy role that everyone thinks he will only be taking. Has anyone really seen how great he is in front of the camera and when the light is on him. he will do fine and he will be back in the UFC before April

• Pajamashark says:

Rampage should do at least as well as Ice T. Expect to see him on “Law and Order: Octagon Blues” next year, and then in five years hosting “A Slice of Love” with Kimbo.

• David Andrest says:

PJShark don’t know if you were serious or half serious, but honestly that is exactly they thought that went though my head, Quentin could certainly handle rolls like that.

• Pajamashark says:

Mostly serious, lol. I don’t think anyone is expecting Rampage to start doing “King Lear” or anything that doesn’t involve him playing a slightly different version of himself. But he’s entertaining enough that people will watch Rampage be Rampage.

I mean, he plays a coach on TUF, right? He’s an awful coach but has had two seasons now to shout “You gotta do something!” at his beleaguered team. It’s only a small leap of suspended disbelief from Rampage playing a coach to him playing a forensic investigator with bangin’ dance moves and an anger management problem.

If he can’t get this feud resolved with Dana expect to see his first Law and Order episode focus on the murder of Mr. Blanc who died from having a Twitter account shoved though his bald head. The only witness was a homeless man who sleeps under a bridge, no wait, that’s Joe Rogan off a three day cocaine bender… Can Detective Quinton solve the case before the stress drives him to inject Red Bull into the base of his skull and perform more drive-by abortions? Stay tuned!

• Makington says:

LOL, that was pretty awesome Pajama. I don’t think anyone really expects Rampage to do any acting in the least bit serious and skillful.

I’m not holding my breath waiting for him to be cast next as Othello. I mean, he can hardly even speak english.

• edub says:

PJ shark you have got some imagination.

PS. Watching Dan vs Bisping again right now. You just know everytime Dan throws his right hand hes thinking… AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

• edub says:

Dan Henderson is a bamf.

• Porsche930_Pilot says:

Truthfully I don’t see where Jackson even gets the idea he that he’ll have a “acting career” , what because he makes a ham out of himself while filming the TUF?.

• neijia says:

lol it doesn’t really have to be “acting”. In a cable world where Hulk Hogan’s daughter and Kim Kardashian’s sisters get reality shows, who knows what he can get. Even some idiot named “New York” spun off of “Flava of Love” gets her own show. Anything can happen.

• twyg says:

Wow I thought the retirement was a shocker, but who expected a comment from Dana that sounded sincere and without one of the seven words you can’t say on telivision. I still put the over/under on a return at two years, but if not he can easily get a reality show on mtv, food network, hgtv, vh1, lifetime, spike, bravo, syfy, ect. They hand out reality shows to hobos riding trains cross country for christ sake ( I would watch that show) so Rampage should have no problem getting one.

• moosebaby02 says:

yes Pajam funny shit

• submit662266 says:

If people like Ben Affleck, the Jonas Brothers, Rosie O’donnel, Seth Rogen, Will Ferrell (I know most of you LOVE Will, but his movies SUCK SUCK SUCK!), and Ben Affleck (Ben is so bad and talent-less he deserves being listed twice), then Rampage will surely do fine. Maybe he only plays a thug or only gets minor roles: an actor can do very well working that sort of formula (Jason Statham)(Seth Rogen plays the same guy over and over and over . . .) The more I think about it, Rampage will be sensational!! Just think of Rampage and Matt Damon in another Bourne movie. Give Rampage 10 energy drinks and he DOES forget who he is.

• Angry Mike says:

Rampage as Othello: “Reputation! I’ve lost my reputation!” Wait. I completely f’ed that sh*t up when I drank too many energy drinks, had a breakdown, and went on a king hell joy ride in LA in a monster truck with my name all over it.

• MM izzle my Nizzle says:

“He’s a grown man. He can do whatever he wants to do”
    Ha! If there was a way Dana could stop this he [email protected] would in a heartbeat.
    You say he is acting like a baby but every time you speak to the media you have to spit out your dummy first. Sorry Dana but everything that comes from your mouth hurts my ears (or eyes).

P.S. Love your work…d*ck head.

• MM izzle my Nizzle says:

Sorry about that everyone. I’m a fan of Rampage but Dana…not so much.