Todd Duffee vs. Paul Buentello Set For UFC 107

Todd_DuffeeA heavyweight slugfest between Todd Duffee and returning UFC veteran Paul Buentello is expected to take place at UFC 107.

The event is expected to take place from the FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tennessee on December 12.

As it currently stands, both fighters have verbally agreed to the match-up according to a recent report at MMAJunkie.com.

Duffee has put together an unblemished record of 5-0, with five knockouts to his credit during his time spent as a professional. He recently made his Octagon debut during UFC 102, where he stopped fellow big man Tim Hague with a barrage of punches at the seven second mark, setting a new record for the fastest KO in UFC history in the process.

Buentello has put together a career record of 24-10. Most recently he has put together back to back wins over Kirill Sidelnikov and Gary Goodridge following a TKO loss to Alistair Overeem for the Strikeforce heavyweight championship.

Below is a full list of the bouts expected for UFC 107:

B.J. Penn vs. Diego Sanchez (LW Championship)

Kenny Florian vs. Clay Guida

Frank Mir vs. Cheick Kongo

Thiago Alves vs. Paulo Thiago

Todd Duffee vs. Paul Buentello

Alan Belcher vs. Wilson Gouveia

Kevin Burns vs. T.J. Grant

• hindsightufuk says:

Glad to see Paul get another chance in the UFC, one of those guys i’ll always root for.
    Get rid of Mir vs Kongo and thats a pretty entertaining card so far

• Jstew3785 says:

This is a pretty sweet match up. It will really gauge where Duffee is at in the HW division.

• Rich S. says:

Great matchup. Nice card.

• fanoftna33 says:

I like Buentello here, although I picked Cro Cop for the same reasons I think Paul will win this one with experience, drag Duffy into rounds 2-3 and really pour it on for the tko/ko here.

• dpk says:

This card is looking stacked already, and we are still 3 months out. I’m going to take Duffee by 2rnd TKO.

• xtreme_machine says:

i knew it i called it like 3 weeks ago

Buentello KO 1st 2-3 Minutes in

he has better boxing than Duffee and way more experience

• QueenKong says:

I’ve always liked Paul and glad to see him back in UFC but I fear the consequences against this Duffee kid;he seems such a monster and is a top notch wrestler

• aimres says:

Duffee better take this fight to the ground or Buentello may defeat him.

• Kamakosmo says:

Who the hell is Duffee? Well, we’ll find out this night. I’ve always been a fan of Buentello, but I also like up and coming talent. I’ve only seen this kid fight once (Buentello countless times) and I am looking forward to this one. I will not even make a guess on this one, just will sit back and enjoy. Great fight and great Card.

• Bullylover says:

i love the headhunter and am glad to see him back in the ufc.I do recall you calling this matchup a few weeks ago machine,good call. hopefully this fight will be as entertaining as i hope.

• edub says:

Duffee by KO

• Bad Monkey says:

Duffee by murder.

No disrespect to Buentello, but this kid is too big, too strong, too vicious, and too young for him.

Duffee via KO within the first two minutes.

• edbuzz says:

Is it just me or does anyone else recognize that Todd Dunfee is a steroid user? Just check out the pimples all over his back. His physique is unnatural for a 22 year old kid. I’m willing to bet he’s done a few cycles in his life. The UFC should do random home surprise drug test whether a fighter has a fight coming up or not.

Oh, and the UFC should pay their fighters more money too.

• Batman says:

Paul Buentello should win this fight by decision if he comes up with a good gameplan to deal with duffee’s superior size and strength.

• edub says:

Ed youd be hard pressed to find a highschool in the US that doesnt have at least a couple of steroid users. I know they ran rampant in my school and they were huge in my district. Saying that hes done steroids in his life would be no surprise to me at all.

• Angry Mike says:

Buentello is a savvy fighter with good boxing, but if Duffee gets him up against the cage, the fight goes to the ground and Buentello is in for a long, long night. Duffee in top position is a scary proposition.