Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers to take place at the Sears Center outside of Chicago

Fedor 2The highly anticipated match-up between Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers, as well as the newly announced Jason Miller vs. Jake Shields bout, may have found a home for the November 7th event.

According to ESPNChicago.com, Strikeforce is currently in discussion with the Illinois Athletic Commission to sanction the event at the Sears Center in Hoffman Estates, a close suburb of Chicago. Strikeforce is waiting for the commission’s approval before officially announcing the venue.

Chicago has become a hot bed for mixed marital arts with a live local scene, as well a past events held by the UFC, Adrenaline MMA, and the now defunct IFL.

The November 7 event will be headlined by Fedor’s debut for the organization against Brett Rogers, and is scheduled to air live on CBS.

• xtreme_machine says:

Fedor KO 1st 1-2 Min.

Miller Rear Naked Choke 1st 3-4 Min.

• KTru says:

As we already know about Chicago……..
    If ANY fight hits the ground there will be a chorus of boos

• neijia says:

maybe not if Fedor is subbing oR G NP to K0 in 2 min

• Jason Polley says:

Yeah Unfortunately KTru, alot of knuckleheads who dont quite understand MMA showed up at the UFC and WEC events. But Chicago still has alot of great fans…

• hindsightufuk says:

who else we got on the card? where the fuck is robbie?

• MM izzle my Nizzle says:

You would have to pick Fedor unless you are a hopeless gambler, as for Mayhem v Sheilds, who knows? should be a great fight though.
    Fedor via …well pretty much anything he chooses rd 1.
    Sheilds via triangle rd 2.

I predict a couple of other exciting big names will be on this card such as Lawler, Ninja, Smith, Misaki, Randleman and perhaps a HENDERSON!!!!! or maybe not.

I have little doubt that the knew Stikeforce, M1 and Dream partnership will rival the UFC and perhaps completely change the way the UFC does it’s thing.
    Great things are coming in the next few years, for fans that is, not for White and the Frit bro’s. Pride was the last big rival to the UFC but that was waaaay over there in the land of the rising sun, I wonder how the UFC will handle having another big fish in it’s pond.

• Jstew3785 says:

Man… I’ve been away far too long. I can’t believe I missed out on hearing this until now.

• twyg says:

Self high-five for posting the same thing five hours earlier on a different thread. Someone really needs to start a strip Overeem site to pressure Coker into making this a title fight. As for Chi-Town fans booing come on did you watch the UFC they put on in the CHI. If you don’t remember it was A.Silva vs. Cote one of the most boring cards in recent history. I also agree you have to take Fedor unless you are a degenerate gambler who owes your bookie like ten grand and you need a long shot to save your life and the lives of your family. Then and only then do you put real money on Rogers ’cause you got nothing to lose.

• BigDave says:

I was coming on here to bag on Rogers fans for being dumb enough to pick a guy that hasn’t got a snow balls chance in hell of winning or for that matter getting out of the first round, but everyone seems to feel the same way I do.

@Scott Coker thankyou for finally stripping Le of his title. Now it’s time for the MAYHEM MONKEY”S to start runnin wild. Sheilds is a great fighter but i got to go with Miller, I think he is just a little better all around and that is gonna be what wins it for him.

Now the next thing that Strikeforce needs to do is either get overeem in the cage or strip him of his title and get that Toughill vs. Santos signed for this card. At least that will give us two exciting fights cause as I said before Fedor is not gonna be tested in the slightest by Rogers.