Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers set for November 7 on CBS

FedorThe highly anticipated heavyweight showdown between Fedor Emelianenko and Brett Rogers has been set for November 7.

A venue for Strkeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers is expected to be announced sometime next week.

Although Fedor’s first appearance was previously expected to take place on the Showtime network, it has recently been announced the the event will in fact air on CBS.

“There’s no question this is a sport that is fast becoming a force in popularity and as a business,” said Kelly Kahl, Senior Executive Vice President, Prime Time, CBS Television. “We’re excited to be the platform that will enable millions more to see the athlete regarded as the very best in his sport. The Number One heavyweight on the most-watched network has a very nice ring to it.”

Strikeforce founder Scott Coker is admittedly excited about his brand of fighting coming to CBS for the first time, as he explained,”It is an honor to have the opportunity to bring the Strikeforce brand to CBS. We are looking forward to bringing MMA back to the network and to having the world’s No. 1 heavyweight—Fedor—compete for the first time on live network television against one of America’s most promising young, undefeated stars—Brett Rogers.”

Stay tuned to 5 Oz’s in the coming days as we will continue to keep you up to date on any developments concerning the card.

• edub says:

This card better be stacked. Maybe a Diaz vs. Hieron and Shields vs. Mayhem undercard.

• metalmulisha says:

I don’t think you’ll see Diaz on this card unfortunately and there are contractual problems I guess with Shields/Mayhem so I’m thinking more like Lawler vs Lindland or Jacare and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a big name fighter from Dream brought in to fight on this card.

Being on CBS will make a lot of guys want to fight on this card.

• xtreme_machine says:

hey edub

why in hell would you put those matches on the undercard?

I say Fedor KO 1st Round 1-2 minute mark via overhand right

he is going to move away from rogers until he gets open and drops a BOMB!

• edub says:

I didnt mean undercard. I meant main card but under Fedor Rogers of course.

Metal I agree with you. I forgot about the situation with Diaz’s contract. Maybe shields will be smart enough to go down and fight Hieron for the WW belt.

As for Lawler vs either of those two I think would make for an exciting fight. As much as I hate to say it I think he loses both of them though. I think Lindland would control him enough win a decision or possibly end the fight the same way Shields beat him(Lindlands got an extremely powerful guillotine and Lawler is prone to forcing his head down when fighting in the clinch). As for a fight with Jacare I think Lawler would win most of the fight then get caught in a sub somewhere in the third. I hate saying that about Robbie Id be rooting for him against either of them.

• metalmulisha says:

I just finished reading the announcement on Strikeforce website and it says it’ll be on CBS from 9 to 11 and will be a 5 fight televised card.
    So I’d assume if they’re going to televise 5 fights there won’t be any title fights.
    Shields/Mayhem will probably main event there Dec. card.

• fanoftna33 says:

My dish network does not allow me to get CBS so now I have to find a way to watch this fight.

• metalmulisha says:

Coker has stated Mousasi, Shields, Mayhem Miller and Cris Cyborg will all be on the Fedor/Rogers undercard.
    4 Fights total on the CBS card.

• Kamakosmo says:

“fanoftna” …..Where in the hell do you live? Who doesn’t have CBS, seriously?

• danw84 says:

This is awesome. I just moved from the USA to Canada and I’ve been pretty unhappy about how I’d miss Fedor’s fights since they’ll be on Showtime and Canada doesn’t get Showtime. So, I’m pretty pleased with this.

• Bullylover says:

damn canada doesn’t get showtime, that must suck balls when you’re gonna miss a strikeforce card.

• moosebaby02 says:

me to danw84. ya fan where do you live? if i can get it and dan here in canada……

• fanoftna33 says:

I live in northern CA, but have direct tv, and local channels arnt available to everybody, I have ABC and NBC but no CBS or FOX. But I do get HD net

• neijia says:

awesome that makes my fall mma. was not gonna buy showtime.

• metalmulisha says:

Mayhem just said that his fight against Shields will be on this card.

• s00nertp says:

please be in newark!

• twyg says:

Hoping for a great card, and also hoping nothing shitty happens like fight stopped due to eye poke (Lawler/Smith), or any kind of bad stoppage. Really want this to go off without a hitch, and quality production value would be great. Also looking to see if this is counter programed. God I hate Mouro Ronalo. Would love to see an upset but this is not a movie Rogers doesn’t make it out of round 2. Have I mentioned that Mouro Ronalos voice makes me want to go all Van Gogh on myself.

• edub says:

Mauro Ranallo eats babies for lunch.

• metalmulisha says:

I like Mauro as an announcer although he does tend to get a little too excited at times for no particular reason, but I will say he at least knows when the fight is over and who he’s working with unlike Mike Goldberg who once again made a fool of himself first by calling Kenny Florian Joe and he loves saying “and it is all over” so much he started to say it during the Condit fight when Carlos was just in trouble, but the ref didn’t even stop it.

• edub says:

Goldberg=annoying

Mauro=More annoying

Kenny Rice= douche

Bas Rutten and Joe Rogan should just work together for every big mma event.(I know I know never gonna happen)

• fanoftna33 says:

Bas and Joe together would be more entertaining than a lot of the fights.

• moosebaby02 says:

i like Goldberg. Maybe Joe kills whatever it is that bugs everyone about him for me

• twyg says:

Bas and Joe are the fucking Dream Team of MMA play-by-play. No broadcast would ever get boring with those two guys calling the shots.