Phillipe Nover Suffers Seizure, Fight Night Bout Cancelled (UPDATED)

UFC President Dana White informed fans today that the scheduled bout between Sam Stout and TUF 8 alumnus Phillipe Nover, scheduled for this evening’s Fight Night event, has been cancelled.

The decision to keep Nover out of action was made in response to a seizure the nurse-turned-fighter suffered in the locker room while preparing for his clash with the hard-hitting Canadian.

While details are still emerging, White went on Twitter to let concerned fans know that Nover is “okay” and Stout was a “class act” throughout the incident. The UFC President has since given an update on the situation saying, “Nover is sitting ringside and 100 percent healthy.”

• Angry Mike says:

Wonder if the seizure is somehow related to the fainting spell he had on TUF. Hopefully he’s ok and can fight again another day. I’m still curious about his potential.

• David Andrest says:

Good Call, Angry Mike, I didn’t even put the two together.

• edub says:

Sux man I hope he’s ok. We’ve been aware of him fainting and now having seizures.

I have to say that this information does not bode well for a career in combat sports for Mr. Nover. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy either. Its really a shitty situation. Sux for all that are involved and I hope Nover can make a full recovery.

• Kamakosmo says:

Other than running into a wall in the locker room (highly unlikely) there seems to be a trend, albeit just this incident and what Mike brought up. Listen to the body man, sometimes it tells you things you don’t want to hear.

• Bullylover says:

He should definately see the doctor and find out if his body will allow him to continue in mma and if it will put him in any danger in the near and immediate future.While i pray that he is ok and makes a full recovery I must thank god that if this had to happen that it happened while he was in his locker room and not in the middle of his fight or else he would of definately been in danger and possibly this beautiful sport that we all love.

• Like I said in the FN thread, I met Stout at the event. I asked him if they were gonna try to get him in at 106 or 107 and he said it’d be ASAP but too early to tell.

• redness says:

I know this from a friends brother but the meds that block the seizures make you faint when a seizure would accure. Just something that came to mind.

• BigDave says:

While I’m not a Nover fan as a fighter he seem to be a good dude and I really hope he gets well some. Why does this shit always happen to good people… I mean why can’t BJ Penn be stricken with something like this, but ahwell get well some Nover and hope that whatever it was that caused it can be treated and won’t persist

• xtreme_machine says:

man that sux

i was looking forward from a great fight from both of them