The main event of the evening saw Melvin Guillard utilizing good head movement in the first round that served to throw Nate Diaz off of his game, only to run out of steam in the second where he fell victim to a tight guillotine choke.
Gray Maynard sent Roger Huerta packing from the UFC with a loss, but Huerta has nothing to hang his head about. In a split decision that could have easily gone either way, Huerta kept the fight close, but ultimately had no answer for the superior technical wrestling attack of “The Bully”.
Carlos Condit was rocked badly on numerous occasions in the opening round of his bout with Jake Ellenberger, but came back to grind out the extremely hard-fought split decision victory. Both men displayed a tremendous amount of heart in the battle.
Nate Quarry bested Tim Credeur in a front-runner for “Fight of the Night” honors. The fight played out like a Rocky movie, with both men taking punishment only to rally back moments later.
In undercard action, UFC newcomer Jay Silva fought hard but wound up on the losing end of a decision to C.B. Dollaway, Mike Pyle tapped Chris Wilson with a guillotine, and Mike Pierce upset Brock Larson.
A full list of results from the event are listed below:
- Nate Diaz def. Melvin Guillard via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 2
- Gray Maynard def. Roger Huerta via split decision
- Carlos Condit def. Jake Ellenberger via split decision
- Nate Quarry def. Tim Credeur via unanimous decision
- Brian Stann def. Steve Cantwell via unanimous decision
- Mike Pyle def. Chris Wilson via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 3
- C.B. Dollaway def. Jay Silva via unanimous decision
- Jeremy Stephens def. Justin Buchholz via TKO (cut) – Round 1
- Mike Pierce def. Brock Larson via unanimous decision
- Ryan Jensen def. Steve Steinbeiss via technical submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1