Video: Lyle Beerbohm vs. Josh Martin

This past Saturday evening, undefeated Strikeforce lightweight contender Lyle “Fancy Pants” Beerbohm improved his record to 13-0 with a brutal first round stoppage over KOTC and Bellator veteran Josh Martin during Arena Rumble.

The event was held in Spokane, Washington, Beerbohm’s hometown, and the voices that can be heard in the background are Lyle’s friends and family. Enjoy!

• fanoftna33 says:

Huge ground n pound.

• Angry Mike says:

The video doesn’t show it, but Lyle opened him up with the elbows. Nasty cut.

• beef says:

Best part of the vid: Good wrestling & GnP.

Second best part: “C’mon daddy!” from what sounds like an 8 year old girl @ ~13 sec and ~23 sec.

LOL, it’s great that the whole family is there, though.

• BigDave says:

Is this site becoming the FancyPants fansite and no one told me?

Way more talk about this dude then needed imo. Yes that was an impressive win congrats to him for that, but all the talk about his hard life give it a rest. So he went to jail for drugs and is now clean you want to give him a fucking medal. Not to sound harsh but Lyle was has knowone but himself to blame for his actions but him and he did his time. He seems to be clean and sober now which is good and I wish him the best but please lets not get caried away here, his mom makes his ugly ass shorts and thats why he calls himself Fancypants Woho cares. As far as the drug story that shit happens every single day in every major city around the world. Just trying to put a bit of perspective on things, He is a up and comming fighter and I will watch him fight again and hopefully show more as for the rest of it not interesting in anyway.

• BigDave says:

im drunkk byb the way so may not remembr writting this in the morning.

• edub says:

PWI-Posting while intoxicated.

• Angry Mike says:

Couldn’t be too wasted if he had the presence of mind to post a disclaimer. But remember, buzzed posting is drunk posting.

• Cory Brady says:

@ BigDave, I know you were drunk posting, it happens, but a couple of points beg to be made.

A) There’s no reference to Lyle’s story of recovery and redemption in this post, just a vid of a brutal beatdown (I figured you guys would get a kick out of it along with the exclusive fight blog). However, I feel like positive stories like Beerbohm’s are few and far between. There should be more inspiring stories like Lyle’s being covered, and less stories of some “Rumble on the Reservation” fighter strangling his girlfriend. Just my opinion though.

B) Dude, Lyle’s mom is an amazing woman and the trademark Fancy Pants she creates are pure awesomeness.

C) Always remember to drink responsibly, lol

• Bullylover says:

i don’t know about those pants his mom makes. maybe if a woman wore them they would look better. But on Lyle they are just gay. I’m not trying to knochk on beerbohm’s mom in anyway but if you take it like that then you need to stop being so damn sensitive.

• Cory Brady says:

I didn’t take it like anything and my reaction was hardly me being “sensitive”. If anything it was light-hearted. The “lol” at the end is a dead giveaway.

• Bullylover says:

I wasn’t talking to you Cory I was talking to anybody in general who felt like i might be knocking lyl’s mom for the pant’s she makes for him.

• Cory Brady says:

Gotcha. My apologies Bullylover. The fancy pants aren’t for everyone. I think the cheesiness of the shorts is the main point though. They’re goofy, and Lyle knows it, but it kind of sets him apart.

btw- You pulling for Gray Maynard tomorrow night?

• BigDave says:

@ cory

Ya I’ve just re-read what I wrote and it was a bit dumb but there is a ring of truth in it for me. Yes I know his mom makes the shorts and although you would have to pay me to ever wear anything like that in public that’s cool that she does that.

On the inspiring story aspect of things I agree they are few and far between, but for me this isn’t one of them a guy beating addiction is not inspiring to me because I’m not dealing with addiction and looking to a story like that to say hey if this guy can do it I can. I would find it more inspiring if he was now giving back by going to schools or community centers and talking to kids about the dangers of drugs and drug abuse and trying to make a difference in his community.

And for any body out there that are reading this don’t drink and post. Let stupid posts be done with a clear head like I do some of the time.

• edub says:

You guys are fags….burn.

• Bullylover says:

to cory
    I’m actually pullying for huerta tomorrow. My name bullylover doesn’t have anything to do with Gray Maynard. My name is Bullylover because of My love for bullystyle pitbulls with wich i raised around. I’m pretty sure many people think that i’m a fan of grays wich really i’m not.

• Cory Brady says:

Good to know. Makes sense. I guess Bullylover could mean a variety of different things. I was just working on the Fight Night predictions when I asked you that, so I had Maynard on the brain, lol.

• Bullylover says:

yeah that’s cool.Feels good to set that straight.