The event is scheduled for November 14 from Manchester, England.
According to a recent report on Sherdog.com, both men have verbally agreed to the bout and are currently awaiting the paperwork to make it official.
Nogueira has long been considered among the top competitors at light-heavyweight, making a name for himself in PRIDE before moving on to the Affliction and Sengoku promotions. The twin brother to former UFC heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira holds a career record of 17-3, with wins over the likes of Alistair Overeem, Dan Henderson, and Vladimir Matyushenko.
A win over a fighter a seasoned and respected as Nogueira would likely propel Cane towards a title shot in the near future. With a career record of 10-1, Canes sole loss was due to being disqualified after kneeing a downed James Irvin to the face during UFC 79. Since then he has put together three consecutive wins in the Octagon heading into this showdown with Nogueira.
Below is a full list of the bouts expected for UFC 105:
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Luis Cane
- Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang
- Dan Hardy vs. Dong Hyun Kim
- Matt Brown vs. James Wilks
- Paul Taylor vs. John Hathaway
- Terry Etim vs. Shannon Gugerty
- Ross Pearson vs. Aaron Riley
- Matt Riddle vs. Nick Osipczak
- Andre Winner vs. Roli Delgado
- DaMarques Johnson vs. Peter Sobotta
- Jared Hamman vs. Alexander Gustafson