Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Luis Cane set for UFC 105

antonio-rogerio-nogueiraAntonio Rogerio Nogueira will face off with fellow Brazilian Luis Cane in his Octagon debut at UFC 105.

The event is scheduled for November 14 from Manchester, England.

According to a recent report on Sherdog.com, both men have verbally agreed to the bout and are currently awaiting the paperwork to make it official.

Nogueira has long been considered among the top competitors at light-heavyweight, making a name for himself in PRIDE before moving on to the Affliction and Sengoku promotions. The twin brother to former UFC heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira holds a career record of 17-3, with wins over the likes of Alistair Overeem, Dan Henderson, and Vladimir Matyushenko.

A win over a fighter a seasoned and respected as Nogueira would likely propel Cane towards a title shot in the near future. With a career record of 10-1, Canes sole loss was due to being disqualified after kneeing a downed James Irvin to the face during UFC 79. Since then he has put together three consecutive wins in the Octagon heading into this showdown with Nogueira.

Below is a full list of the bouts expected for UFC 105:

• Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Luis Cane
  • Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang
  • Dan Hardy vs. Dong Hyun Kim
  • Matt Brown vs. James Wilks
  • Paul Taylor vs. John Hathaway
  • Terry Etim vs. Shannon Gugerty
  • Ross Pearson vs. Aaron Riley
  • Matt Riddle vs. Nick Osipczak
  • Andre Winner vs. Roli Delgado
  • DaMarques Johnson vs. Peter Sobotta
  • Jared Hamman vs. Alexander Gustafson
  • edub says:

Man one of the worsed cards in a while to come from the UFC. Still should besome exciting fights though.

• xtreme_machine says:

yeah it is a bad card but remember it is FREE on spike

* Antonio Rogerio Nogueira 2nd Sub

* Michael Bisping Decision

* Dan Hardy 1st KO

• metalmulisha says:

The report on sherdog says this fight is a go for UFC 106 not 105.

• Makington says:

Although Sherdog isn’t really thaaat accurate, I see them misquote things all the time, I don’t know why it wouldn’t be on 6. Most people called Luis Cane when it was announced that he was coming to the UFC, should be a good fight.

I don’t know who will win. I would like to see Antonio but I have a feeling Cane will edge out a decision.

• twyg says:

I like this fight and would like to see LIL’NOG do well. One thought that just came to me is what happens if some time in the future LIL’NOG becomes number one contender and Machida still has the title? They are repped by the same agent, so would we run in to the same spot we are in with A.Silva and Machida?

• xtreme_machine says:

man Black house is dominating this sport right now

• hindsightufuk says:

personally, being from the uk and having watched all the uk events live (including UFC 38), this has the potential to be the best card yet.
    ufc 95 had a few good fights, ufc 89 had a shite main card, the undercard was ok with hardy ,etim & taylor fights,
    ufc 85 also had a shite main card saved by just kampmann and cain on the undercard. ufc 80 had bj/stevenson & taylor/kelly as the only decent fights on the whole card. ok 75 was good with rampage/hendo, davis/taylor & silva/drwal.
    ufc 70 was also stacked for the main card.
    this may not have many big names, but all the match ups have great potential. plus if bisping was in the main event i was gonna chuck some toys out the pram, so hopefully little nog vs cain will go for 105

• Jstew3785 says:

Fu** YEAH!!!!!! This is awesome. I can’t wait for this fight. It will probably go the distance, but I’m sure it will be an amazing fight. Lil Nog by UD

• submit662266 says:

I agree that its a weak card. Good move to make it a free-be. Besides Nog and Cain, its a bunch of minor leaguers (TUF heavy). Hard to pick this one. Haven’t watched Cain enough to get a good feel. They are throwing him into the deep end on this one.
    I hope Bisping circles to his opponents power again. I LOVED watching his coach screaming “what the f&^% are you doing?!!” My favorite Bisping move is that long sweet fall to the mat when he is completely unconscious!!

• fanoftna33 says:

Paul Taylor is a great addition to this card that guy will leave it all out there. I think Nog takes this one but it should be a good fight. Hopefully Kang takes Bisping here, as he has a lot more exp, but if it goes to the judges I think Bisping gets another hometown call(like the fight vs Hammil)

• twyg says:

About Bisping getting a hometown call, if I remember weren’t the judges from three different countries? One from US, one from UK, and then a neutral counry. The US and neutral country judges gave the fight to Bisping, the UK judge gave the fight to Hamill. That is how I remember it, but I might be mistaken.

• Jstew3785 says:

You’re right twyg about the Bisping/Hammill fight.

• metalmulisha says:

Makington if you don’t think Sherdog is an accurate MMA source I’d like to know who is then?

I know they have misquoted sources in the past before, but as far as breaking a story like the Fedor/Barnett fight being off or posting reliable info I can’t think of a better site right now.

As I recall a little while back 2 major non stories as it turns out that virtually every MMA Site and blog picked up and ran with was Fedor and the UFC striking a deal and that Kimo was dead.
    Neither of which turned out to be true, but these web sites and blogs posted the stories without checking to see if they were indeed fact, and Sherdog never posted anything like that because they were both bullshit.

Something the sport of MMA is lacking overall is solid reliable reporting.