Frank Edgar vs. Kurt Pellegrino in the works for TUF 10 Finale

kurt_pellegrinoA lightweight battle between Frank Edgar and Kurt Pellegrino is currently brewing for the Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale which is expected to take place on December 5.

The news of the potential bout was recently confirmed by MMA Live, yet nothing has been signed as of this time.

Edgar is one of the top contenders currently competing in the UFC’s lightweight division with a career record of 10-1, and a UFC record of 5-1. Edgar has recently bounced back from the sole loss of his career at the hands of Gray Maynard by putting together back to back wins over Hermes Franca and Sean Sherk.

Pellegrino sports a career record of 14-4 and is currently on a three fight win streak in the Octagon with wins over the likes of Thiago Thavares, Rob Emerson, and most recently, Josh Neer.

• edub says:

Edgar by quickness.

I would have liked to see Edgar go up against Florian and Guida go up against Pellegrino myself but beggers cant be choosers.

• fanoftna33 says:

I like both these guys. Both are tough fighters but I will go with edgar here, based on his striking being a bit better. This is a tough fight to call though, a great match up for the ufc.

• xtreme_machine says:

my tocallo Edgar (it means that we both have the same name)

Takes this one via Unanimous Decision or TKO

• aimres says:

Edub I agree with you.

Edgar will totally outclass Kurt in the battle of Central New Jersey.

• Makington says:

I don’t know why they would give him Kurt after he steam rolled Sherk. I think if he beats another contender Edgar should get a title shot, but Pellegrino is hardly a stepping stone for BJ Penn. Edgar really has nothing to win in this fight, but everything to lose. If he wins he won’t really go up the rankings and he’d still need a good fight against a contender for a title shot, but if he loses (which he shouldn’t really) he will plummet.

I can’t see Kurt winning in any other way then if he surprises Frankie with a slick submission after getting thoroughly beaten throughout the fight.

• Bullylover says:

I really want to see Edgar fight J. lauzon for spme reasone.

• Bullylover says:

i meant some reason

• Jstew3785 says:

He didn’t steam roll Sherk. He outboxed him, that’s for sure, but it’s not like he KO’d him in 20 seconds. This fight doesn’t make sense for Edgar though. They should match Edgar up with Florian, see if his victory over top competition was a fluke or if he’s the real deal.

• Rich S. says:

2 very strong ground fighters with great striking going at it here..

I like this fight, but I think Frankie will be the more powerful of the two, and will win in this FOTN matchup..

• submit662266 says:

Edgar by U.D. Edgar looked polished and in top form at his last fight. Hope he gets a shot at the belt soon.