Marcus Davis vs. Ben Saunders set for UFC 106

Marcus DavisA welterweight match-up between Marcus Davis and Ben Saunders has recently been agreed to for UFC 106.

The event is expected to take place from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas on November 21.

Both fighters have agreed to the contest and at least one has signed the contract for the bout according to a report from MMAJunkie.com.

Davis recently dropped a hard fought split decision to Dan Hardy at UFC 99. Prior to the loss Marcus had compiled back to back victories in the Octagon over Paul Kelley and Chris Lytle.

The sole defeat in the career of Saunders came in his last bout against Mike Swick during UFC 99 where he was TKO’d in the second round. Before the recent loss he had strung together three straight wins with the UFC.

A full list of the bouts expected for UFC 106 are listed below:

Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin

Mark Coleman vs. Tito Ortiz

Kenny Florian vs. Clay Guida

Ricardo Almeida vs. Jon Fitch

Dustin Hazelett vs. Karo Parisyan

Phil Baroni vs. Amir Sadollah

Marcus Davis vs. Ben Saunders

• Makington says:

This card is looking pretty stacked to me, except I hope they put Fitch/Almeida on the undercard, on what is sure to be the boringest fight of the year.

Other than that, I’m pretty stoked for every other fight on the card.

Sorry Ben, but Marcus is going to beat you in every area of the game.

• fanoftna33 says:

I am kind of looking forward to Almedia vs Fitch. I think if anybody can submit Fitch Almeida has the best chance.
    Florian vs Guida will be a good fight, but Kenny will take that one.
    Davis is a good fighter but I think Saunders will take this one.

• Jstew3785 says:

Makington, I agree with you about the Fitch fight. That fight is sure to suck balls. The rest of the card is pretty stacked though.

• moosebaby02 says:

WAR DAVIS but i think he will lose this one. This is a pretty stacked card. Not really looking to see Tito beat up on Colmen but what can you do. Go Ken Flo Go. Lets hope you come up with a better game plan this time

• nope says:

Solid Card…least interesting fight is Tito/Coleman imo. Lookin forward to Fitch/Almeida fight tho.

• Kamakosmo says:

Davis bounces back on this one, big time. He is not emotionally out of control (i’m guessing there, let’s hope) like he was when the bass player from The Clash got him all wriled up and off his game. Saunders beat the snot out of ??? whatshisname, then got severely schooled by Swick. A Davis left hook is gonna knock that kooky beard off of Saunders face.

….And yes, please UFC, ditch the Almeida/Fitch fight for extra time and place this one on the guaranteed televised card…Please.

• shotokai_ says:

I hope the American Hand Grenade gets his handed to him by the Killer Bee, even though he probably won’t. Can’t stand Davis and is it just me or does he seriously overdo the eyebrow plucking?

• Kamakosmo says:

“Shotaki”, I think you need to worry less about Davis’ pruning habits (are you seriously monitoring his eyebrows?) and more about your boy Saunders career in the UFC.

• cocoonofhorror says:

after the shit-fest he put on against Swick, Saunders is lucky to get another fight for the UFC.

• Makington says:

I don’t know why people hype up Saunders like he’s that good. He has good range and decent jiu jitsu, and somewhat decent stand up. He beat a couple of nobodies and gets killed every time he has faced someone good. Plus he has ugly chops. One time I grew chops as a joke, but none of my friends thought it was funny and everyone stopped talking to me. True story.

As for the Fitch/Almeida, I guess I am excited to see who wins, but I am in no way excited to seeing what is almost a guarantee for a ‘see who can hold each other better’ contest. It’s to the point where I don’t really think there will even be one punch thrown on the feet.

• xtreme_machine says:

I think Saunders length is going to give Davis some very big problems

but i like Davis, he is very strong

• I agree xtreme_machine. Saunders length will be a challenge but it is tough to bet Agaisnt Marcus. He has so much more experience than Saunders. I would love to see Saunders put those knees to use again though. Man that was brutal!

• xtreme_machine says:

Davis should avoid the clinch, move around, and land those big punches

• Bullylover says:

Saunders has only beaten cans in the ufc. Marcus has fought solid competition Markus is going to sleep saunders crucially.