Kenny Florian vs. Clay Guida set for UFC 107

clay-guidaA lightweight showdown between Kenny Florian and Clay Guida has been set for UFC 107.

Although the match-up had previously been expected for UFC 106, MMA Live has recently confirmed the bouts shifting to UFC 107.

Florian had put together six consecutive victories in the Octagon before recently coming up short in his championship bid against B.J. Penn at UFC 101.

Guida is coming off of a hard fought decision loss at the hands of Diego Sanchez. Prior to the defeat he had strung together thee straight wins in the UFC.

UFC 107 is expected to take place on December 12 from Memphis, Tennessee. Also expected for the card is a lightweight title fight between B.J. Penn and Diego Sanchez, and a welterweight match-up of Thiago Alves vs. Paulo Thiago.

• fanoftna33 says:

I think Kenny has all the tools to win here. This is a weird place to see Clay in, if you beat him you are in the title picture but if Guida wins he just gets another top fighter.

• moosebaby02 says:

ya Guida wont get a title shot with a win here but it dosent matter cause as soon as Guida takes it to the mat Ken Flo will make him tap

• Angry Mike says:

I love Guida’s up-tempo pace and willingness to engage, but this is a bad match up for him. Florian’s a better striker and has a better ground game. Even if Guida can take him down, Florian can end it with a submission or an elbow to Guida’s head or face from his back. I think Florian will win, and the only question in my mind is whether it goes the distance. Guida’s a tough S.O.B., so it’s very possible.

• metalmulisha says:

I like Guida by decision.

I think this fight is going to look a lot like Guida’s fight against Josh Thomson. He may not do more than score take down after take down and maintain top postion, but it’ll be enough to win a decision.

Florian won’t be able to stop his take downs unless he grabs the cage like he’s been known to do and I’d like to think after his last fight with Diego that Guida is going to look to make an effort not to get tore up with elbow strikes from the bottom.

• sigmund says:

I’m thinking this one is gonna go to florian. clay guida has lots of energy and is an agressive fighter, but I don’t his striking or ground game is as good a florian’s. Guida will probably get the takedown, but florian’s striking and BJJ will end the fight.(just what i’m thinking). hopefully clay learded since the sanchez fight.

• Kamakosmo says:

Did a little research here….
    Guida has gone the distance 12 out of his last 15 fights, more recently, 8 out of 10. (Of course, he has 20 more pro fights than Ken….so)
    Florian has gone the distance 4 out of his 15 fights. 7 have ended in the first round, 6 of those due to submissions.

Analysis by an angry Chihuahua….Guida does not finish fights. “Kenflo” (Man I hate that nickname) has the submission talent to end fights. This one does not go the distance, over in Rd.2…Arm Bar…Lock it in.

• Makington says:

Ironically enough I think it will end in round 2 as well, but by rear naked for Kenny. I like Clay, I really do, but he puts on one of the best fights ever one night, then lays and prays the next night. Most of his gameplan does involve takedowns and maintaining top position but I’d rather see him find a boring way to win, than an exciting way to lose.

I just think Kenny is a little too good at everything for Clay, and he’ll catch him in the second.

• xtreme_machine says:

I think it is Guida’s time to shine

Guida via Unanimous Decision

• I see this being a remark of Huerta vs Florian. Kenny will stay on the outside and pick Guida apart while he tries, and fails, to close the distance. I would like to see Guida pull this one out but I think Kenny will be too elusive for him.

• xtreme_machine says:

yeah, i know kenny will win , but damn it i want Guida to win

he deserves it so much, he always puts a big show no matter what.

• submit662266 says:

Guida won’t get title shots for a couple reasons: Griffin, Huerta, Sanchez. All three of these were INCREDIBLE fights, but Clay hasn’t been able to make that next step in the critical moments. If he beats Kenny, he will be a top contender. Kenny’s skill set and mental game are top-notch though. Guida’s chin is one of the toughest in the game. I will never know how he can absorb combos, kicks, and knees directly to his face and not go ‘night-night.’

• Bullylover says:

2nd rd sub via rear-naked choke for kenny

• edub says:

“Guida won’t get title shots for a couple reasons: Griffin, Huerta, Sanchez. All three of these were INCREDIBLE fights, but Clay hasn’t been able to make that next step in the critical moments.”

Guida fukin beat Griffin that decision was HORRIBLE.

• twyg says:

Guida should of had the Griffin fight that was a bad decision. I also think he won the Sanchez fight, but I would conceade a draw. The fight against Roger he got caught slippin. He was winning that fight until he got caught. Clay always brings it, the fight with Roger was fight of the year if I am not mistaken and the Sanchez fight might be the fight of the year. I know Clay wanted this fight right after Kenny lost to BJ, hell he asked for it that night. I would love to see him pull it out.