Bob Sapp is back in the DREAM “Super Hulk” Tournament

Bob Sapp 1It’s looking like Bob Sapp will be stepping in for Gegard Mousasi in the DREAM “Super Hulk” Tournament.

Sapp, who lost in the first round of the tournament to Ikuhisa Minowa, will be stepping in to face Rameau Thierry Sokodjou on October 6 during Dream 11 according to a recent report by MMAWeekly.com.

Mousasi was forced to pull out due to an injury earlier this week.

“Sokoudjou’s a great fighter,” said Sapp. “Without question, he’s ready to go. He’s kind of on his winning (ways), while I’m on the opposite end, on a losing streak. So I definitely would like to push forward and rebound back.”

Sapp has compiled a 10-5-1 record fighting in numerous organizations such as Pride, K1, and Strikeforce. He recently lost by submission due to punches in the first round against quickly rising heavyweight prospect Bobby Lashey during Ultimate Chaos in June after being submitted at the hands of Ikuhisa Minowa in the opening round of the “Super Hulk” tournament.

Ikuhisa Minowa faces Hong Man Choi in the other “Super Hulk” semifinal set for Dream 11, and the winners of both semifinal bouts will meet at the Dynamite! event on New Year’s Eve.

• xtreme_machine says:

Sokoudjou Vs Sapp

Ok, Sokoudju wins if he can stay calm and execute his game plan

• Makington says:

Sapp is one of the worst fighers I’ve ever seen. Tell you this much, if I weighed 365 pounds, I would eat every single person who looked at me.

I can’t even explain how he managed to gas himself out in 1 minute in the fight against Lashley when Lashley was on top of him throwing punches.

• xtreme_machine says:

hey that is true. i say both gas out and a double KO

• Rich S. says:

Sokoudjou via TKO 0:17 r1..

• BigDave says:

Sapp has his bullrush at the start. if sokoudjou can manage to not get hit in the first 20 seconds of the fight Sapp will gas, turtle, and tap.

• Makington says:

My best memory of Sapp is when he cried after he got punched by Cro Cop, and I’m not kidding. He fell down and started to cry.

I really don’t know how Sokoudjou can lose unless he does something really dumb. Bob Sapp is more than doubled my weight and I feel like I could beat him.

• Woo! Sokodjou is in for a treat in this one. I see Soko taking Sapp down and Sapp taping out after he gets hit once or twice. Its a shame Sapp makes that a habit. I would like to see him stay in there and try to fight through the tough ones.

• Angry Mike says:

Sapp is a joke and Sokodjou is a UFC reject. I’d rather watch my cousins drink a half case of beer apiece and have a staggering brawl in my back yard.

• xtreme_machine says:

hey Angry Mike,

I watch that, and even maybe participate. Hail Fight-club!

• raoulduke4247 says:

I thought that the semi finals and the finals were on the same night, tourney style.

• cocoonofhorror says:

lol @ fraud sapp.

• moosebaby02 says:

is sapp all they could get??? hey maybe he will get a couple cycles in and be in shape. it is held in Japan

• moosebaby02 says:

oh and Makington sapp crying after that punch was funny shit

• fanoftna33 says:

This tournament is a bit of a letdown now, and Sapp will not bring up much interest. I say they should have brought Canseco back, that would have gotten ratings.

• moosebaby02 says:

thats crazy talk fan…..Canseco??? that would completly put me off from watching if he was there

• fanoftna33 says:

Most fans know Sapp has very little to no chance of beating Sokodjou, and dont care about the tournament any more. Canseco is the name that got everybody talking about the tournament in the first place. And to hardcore fans Mousasi stepping up to 205,but since he is out they need some name recognition again. This could get some needed media attention for Dream again.

• Gurthee says:

I want to see Sapp the cardio machine drag Sokudjo into deep waters and win a UD…whoa, I almost pissed myself typing that one.

• Angry Mike says:

@ xtreme_machine

LOL. I think we broke the first rule.

• “This tournament is a bit of a letdown now”

Yeah, I had such high hopes for a tournament involing HMC, Sapp, Norte, Minowa and JOSE CANSECO.

I actually like this. With “Dreamcatcher” out, mow it’s a real toss up as to who will win this clusterfuck.

• fanoftna33 says:

Sergio, I dont know about you but I liked seeing dream get back to the old no weight lmit fights for a tournament. It was nice to see something a bit different for a change.

• Pride OWGP was a pretty good throwback. Super Hulk is a farce.

• metalmulisha says:

This tournament wouldn’t have been labeled as big of a joke if Dream would’ve left Jose Canseco out of it and picked an other actual fighter in his place.

• xtreme_machine says:

You go Bull-frog!

• edub says:

Yea it woulda been cooler to throw someone like Mahoef in there instead of Canseco or Sapp for that matter.

• Makington says:

I would have liked to seen Canseco if he actually trained MMA and made a legitimate attempt at becoming a fighter, like what Green Power Ranger is doing. Unfortunately for Jose, jogging on a treadmill once every couple of days is not a substitute for the years of dedication that many fighters put in.

It pretty much would have been a disgrace if Gegard stayed in. A fighter of such high caliber competing with the worst of the worst is no good. It would be like Gegard competing in the special olympics.