Thiago Alves vs. Paulo Thiago expected for UFC 107

thiagoA rumored match up between Thiagos is being reported for part of the UFC 107 card in December.

According to a recent report on MMAMania.com, Thiago Alves vs. Paulo Thiago is currently in the negotiation stages and verbally agreed to by at least one of the fighters.

UFC 107 is set for December 12th at the Fedex Forum in Memphis, TN.

Paulo Thiago is coming off a unanimous decision loss to Jon Fitch back in UFC 100, serving as his only defeat as a professional. This will mark the third tough opponent for Thiago, since debuting with a stunning upset knockout victory over Josh Koshcheck at UFC 95.

Thiago Alves, considered to be a top five contender in the welterweight division, is coming off a unanimous decision loss himself, to champion Georges St. Pierre. Prior to his loss to St. Pierre, Alves was riding a seven fight win streak, with notable wins over Matt Hughes, Karo Parisyan, and Josh Koshcheck as well.

UFC 107 has yet to be officially announced, but a previously expected main event pitting Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. “Suger” Rashad Evans is off due to Rampage’s recent jump into the acting world.

• Makington says:

This one has already been talked about for a while, but I think Alves will be able to avoid Paulo making another shocking upset. I say Alves TKO round 2.

Off topic, their names are going to create a lot of confusion. I had to revise my first sentences after I noticed I was calling them both Thiago lol.

• xtreme_machine says:

War Thiagos

I say Alves beats Paulo via decision

• BigDave says:

Alves by ko rd1

• shotokai_ says:

• Jstew3785 says:

Xtreme- you really think this is going to a decision? Paulo Thiago might be the first guy to die in the octagon. Alves is going to completely and utterly destroy him.

• Jstew3785 says:

Just kidding about the dying thing, but you get what I’m saying. Paulo has absolutely no chance in this fight

• TheHouse says:

I am willing to bet all the pennies in penny jar that Thiago will win this fight.

• xtreme_machine says:

Jstew3785

yeah because he is going to basically run around and pick his shots

kind of like he did with Fitch ( Best WW in UFC )

• fanoftna33 says:

I am pulling for the upset here. Remember Alves couldnt stop Kos even though Kos took the figh on short notice. Paulo got the ko. Both have lost to Fitch but Alves was stopped by Fitch.

• Gotta go with the people above and say Alves KO Rd 1. Paulo KOd Kos and I would hate to call it a lucky shot but….boy was that a lucky shot! Alves via destruction.

• edub says:

Alves Via ass stomping in the first.

No way Paulo wins or it gets to a decision.

• Jstew3785 says:

Xtreme- Fitch is the best WW in the UFC? Did Strikeforce sign GSP or something?

• edub says:

Haha yea Fitch is definately a distant #2.

• Rich S. says:

Alves takes this one..

Paulo’s JJ is sick, but I don’t like his striking.. I thought he was seconds from being knocked out when he caught Kos.. Kos was doing whatever he wanted with him on the feet, he just got caught..

With that said, Alves is going to take his legs out from under him, and eventually crumble him to the mat, where he’ll get his r1/early r2 TKO victory..

• shotokai_ says:

xtreme_machine: “kind of like he did with Fitch ( Best WW in UFC )”

You kidding me bro?

• moosebaby02 says:

“Thiago Alves TKO Round 1. He’s light years ahead of Paulo Thiago, and a lot of the UFC WW division, if Koscheck is going to outpoint you on the feet then Alves will destroy you.”
    good point shotokai and right there is the reason why Paulo will get destroyed. As much as I loved seeing kos get knocked down it was lucky punch and a early stoppage in imo
    Alves round 1 by how ever he wants to

• Bullylover says:

No doubt about it Alves is going to destroy thiago. If this was pride we probably would see the first death in mma. I can’t wait Rogan is going to have a field day commentating this fight. I wonder how many times he’s going to poke fun at the name similarities.

• Kamakosmo says:

Thiago defeats Thiago…just a stab in the dark. Seriously, Alves wins, and impressively.

• xtreme_machine says:

“Fitch is the best WW in the UFC? Did Strikeforce sign GSP or something?”

I know i am alone on this here but i stand about what i said

Fitch is the best WW, and GSP is a complete cheater.

• TheHouse says:

Shananagans…. there, I said it.

• Jstew3785 says:

I swear that I am going to pistol whip the next person that says shenanigans….

• edub says:

“Hey Farva whats that restaurant you like with the stuff all over the walls?…

You guys mean shananagans?…”