Jason “Mayhem” Miller: ‘I will beat the p*** out of Jake Shields, and he knows it’

Jake ShieldsIt seems as if the Strikeforce bout between Jake Shields and Jason “Mayhem” Miller may have been prematurely announced.

Recent reports that the two were going to meet in October gave fight fans a lot to be excited about. However, with a contract never officially signed the reports seem to be nothing but wishful thinking, and based on recent comments by Jake Shields, the fight might never happen.

Recently Miller took the opportunity during an interview with CagePotato.com to tell everyone who was listening what he thought of Jake Shields, saying,”Dude, I will beat the piss out of Jake Shields, and he knows it. If everyone thinks I’m gonna lose, that’s fine. I’ll prove them wrong when we get in the cage against each other. I do everything better than him, and I’m bigger than him and stronger than him! I don’t understand, people think that because he stomped out some 170-pounders and caught Robbie Lawler in a damn guillotine, that all of a sudden he’s the second coming of Christ. Well guess what, dude? I’m gonna smash him. When I fight him, I’ll smash him.

Shields came back with his own rebuttal recently to GracieFighter.com,”He’ll beat the piss out of me..? He’s the one that won’t sign the contract. I would sign that fight tonight but he just wants to talk and act tough, but he’s the one that won’t sign. His manager tells us the fight is on, Miller has agreed and then I’m hearing he’s decided he can’t fight in October but would maybe do it in December. He thinks he’s a star now but just like the show I was the only one doing the fighting while he just did the talking. He must think he’s Cung Le now.”

As the war of words heat up, FiveOuncesOfPain.com will continue to update you on if this fight will ever become a reality.

• fanoftna33 says:

I like Shields but realistically he does not have any way to win this fight. He wont get the K O against Miller, and probably wont submit him(Jacare couldnt do it) so maybe he will lay on him for 25 min to get a decision but Miller is pretty active from the bottom and has good takedown defense, I see this as a tko for Miller.

• jj says:

It’s been a while since Mayhem has fought, never mind had a relevant win.

Shields on the other hand has been on a tear, winning his last dozen fights.

Mayhem tries to diminish Jake’s win against Robbie Lawler, but it only took Jake 2 minutes to tap Robbie with a 1 arm guillotine. It took Mayhem 3 rounds. Does that mean that Mayhem’s win over Robbie means even less?

What quality wins does Mayhem have within the last 2 years? Tim Kennedy? Kala Hose?

Jake has recent wins over Lawler, Paul Daley, Carlos Condit, Yushin Okami, Mike Pyle, Dan Hornbuckle…..

MTV celebrity status doesn’t mean shit inside the cage.

• This should be a good fight. If Shields gets on top of Mayhem I think Mayhem is in trouble but you never know, he does pretty well on the ground.

• xtreme_machine says:

Mayhem wins via Guillotine or TKO

Crazy Retard Strength!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Miller annoys me to no end.

jj is completely on point. Miller has been slowly sinking into irrelevance with every fight he wins against lackluster competition and every fight he loses against good competition.

• Gurthee says:

Miller would own Shields. I’ve never seen anyone as slow or telegraphed in their submission moves as Shields. Miller is right. He is better at everything than Shields. Shields may be the most over rated fighter in MMA IMO. Shields was on Bully Beat down and wasn’t even that impressive against a guy that doesn’t even participate in MMA. Shields needs to stay in Strikeforce because he would get pwned in the UFC. Hope this fight happens.

• Rich S. says:

I think it’s finally Miller’s time..

I don’t see Shields submitting him, I don’t see him getting a TKO, and he sure as hell won’t do any damage on the feet..

Shields was getting destroyed by Daley and Lawler on the feet.. Miller doesn’t have their power, but he has good enough striking to mess Shields up.. and he has better sub defense than those guys..

I hope he pulls the win out here..

• fanoftna33 says:

I like both of these fighters but like I said earlier I dont see how Jake can win this fight, which brings up the question why isnt he still fighting at WW, I dont want to see him get destroyed at MW( like Kampmann vs Marquadt) before going down again.

• xtreme_machine says:

hey guys Mike Swick is out and replaced by Paul Daily

what do you guys think?

• edub says:

Huh????????

• fanoftna33 says:

Daley by ko.

• xtreme_machine says:

fanoftna33 – “Daley by ko.”

really?

i have it Kampmann via KO or Guillotine 1st round

• hindsightufuk says:

if its true and Daley does replace Swick, i think Martins jui jitsu is gonna make the difference, he could sub Paul in this one.

• edub says:

Gotta agree with hindsight and xtreme I think itll be a guillotine. Although I hope Kampman gets KO’d. Im a fan but I just dont think he’s as good as everyone thinks he is. I also thought he lost to Condit.

• fanoftna33 says:

Xtream machine- Remember how hard Shields had to work to get Daley down in that fight and how bad he got clubbed on the feet. Kampmann while good at standing and submissions is no wrestler, and Daley is great with his hands. Kamp,ann has not shown a great chin so far in the ufc and I think Daley can exploit that.

• xtreme_machine says:

fanoftna33
    ^
    You got a good point but:

Kampmann only lost Marquardt (#1 or #2 Middleweight contender) as a Middleweight and that was is only lost in the UFC

While Daley has only beaten Cans and when he steps up in competition (and i mean TOP COMPETITION) he losses example:

Jake Shields (Armbar Submission)
    Nick Thompson (Unanimous Decision)

I stand by my decision.

• fanoftna33 says:

Xtream machine
    YOU make a pretty good point there, I am still leaning towards Daley but I get your point, and Kampann is a very solid, and well rounded fighter so if he wins I will not be surprised.

• Bullylover says:

it sounds like someone needs to take their ritalin again. haha but seriously though Miller has been letting that stupid show get to his head. I think sheilds has what it takes to submit this guy but to everyone their own opinions. Off the record does any one know if it’s true that the Rampage/evans fight is scraped because rampage wants to be a movie actor.

• egad81 says:

I personally think anyone that even attempts a Guillotine in first round is scared they are going to get KNOCKED OUT!

You really want to impress fans with a submission… try something a little more technical.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Egad what a strange thing to say. You do what you have to to win.

• xtreme_machine says:

egad81 says:

It is not that its just that if they make the mistake of leaving their hard out there, guys will take ADVANTAGE of that.

• Batman says:

I think Mayhem will knock Shields out but Jake wont stand with him anyway.

• Makington says:

I don’t think Mayhem will realistically KO him, and I am positive Jake won’t KO Miller. Unless Jake gets a lucky sub on Jason, I see him winning by TKO in the 3rd or fourth after grinding him out for the first rounds.

• BigDave says:

MAYHEM MONKEYS IN THE HOUSE!

MILLER BY TRIANGLE CHOKE AT 3:18 OF THE SECOND ROUND.

I’ve called winners and rounds in the past but this time I’m going all out calling the round, the type of finish and the exact time. 😉

• xtreme_machine says:

“MILLER BY TRIANGLE CHOKE AT 3:18 OF THE SECOND ROUND.”

I like that BigDave. +1

• Austin says:

Alright everybody. Let’s be real here. This is all hype. These two motherfuckers are friends and shields has done 2 seasons of bully beatdown. They both know how to talk up a fight. So quit buying into mayhem’s bullshit. He’s a funny dude and this is what he does, put on a show. He’s a consummate entertainer.

• xtreme_machine says:

Austin, it could be true.

• sigmund says:

what happened to jacare vs mayhem 3 i was really lookin forward to that. oh well this should be a good one too. I’m sayin its gonna me miller time