Gina Carano: ‘Barriers have been broken’ in female MMA

Gina CaranoIt’s been almost two weeks since Gina Carano’s TKO loss to Cris “Cyborg” Santos, at “Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg” held on September 15th, and she has finally spoken about the loss, well, sort of….

She’s recently updated her Myspace page, and took time to reflect on the first defeat of her career:

“I wanted to take time to collect my thoughts and speak from the heart rather than spew out some cliché anecdote about a tough loss. I know I am a better fighter than the way I performed that night and was heartbroken to not give more to those who have been inspired. However, I find some relief in knowing that this has never been only about me, and now more than ever I feel freedom to learn and grow at my own pace. I make it a point to constantly remind myself throughout this journey who I am, what I am doing, and why. Life is the most amazing gift and I want to live it for the right reasons. To my family, coaches, management… thank you from the bottom of my heart for believing in me, loving and encouraging me. Also a special thanks to the fans who support me from their computers at home, watch me on television and scream for me in the stadiums. Because of you, barriers have been broken down and you have inspired me to believe in a larger dream. Congratulations to Cris Cyborg and the women of MMA who have a great platform to shine. I am more excited than ever for female fighters and this amazing sport which has transformed my life. God Bless.”

• xtreme_machine says:

she will get that title sooner or later i know it and she does too

• Bullylover says:

Man that picture is sexy as hell

• BigDave says:

Awww isn’t that sweet…. I don’t wanna here that stuff I want to hear her say I got my ass kicked and now i realize I have so much to learn before I even think of getting back in the ring against a top level female fighter again. Cause truth be told if she gets a rematch within the next 6-8 months the result will be the same. She needs to dedicate her life to really training and thats it or she will never be a great fighter. Leave the modeling stuff alone and fight or quit fighting and be a model plain and simple.

• CMT says:

Please check out BigDave’s new book “Diary of a Mad MMA Fan”. Preach it BigDave, don’t hold back, bring redemption to the weak and soft MMA fan. Teach us to quit looking through rose colored glasses. Gotta love BigDave.

• fraz says:

I’m not sure why BigDave wants Gina to go away. Maybe Santos is more visually appealing to him. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

• Austin says:

girls and their emotions.

• rock85225 says:

She’s done, she needs to hook up with playboy and leave it at that.