M-1 Global Breakthrough Live Results

fedor mousasiFiveOuncesOfPain.com will be here throughout the evening to bring you the latest updates and live results for the “M-1 Global: Breakthrough” taking place this evening in Kansas City and airing live on HDNet.

The main event will feature Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal facing off with UFC veteran Mark Kerr in a heavyweight match-up, with other intriguing bouts including Lucio Linhares vs. Mikhail Zayats, Karl Amoussou vs. John Doyle and a special exhibition between Fedor Emelianenko and Gegard Mousasi.

Below is a full list of the results from “M-1 Global: Breakthrough”:

Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal vs. Mark “The Smashing Machine” Kerr: Winner – Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal via knockout – Round 1

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Gegard Mousasi (exhibition match): Fedor throws Mousasi to the canvas several times with force. Mousasi returns the favor. Mousasi goes for an armbar on Fedor. Fedor’s out. Another¬†violent throw by Fedor. Mousasi works for a kimura from the bottom. Fedor scores another throw, goes for the straight armbar, and forces the tapout.

Winner: Fedor Emelianenko via submission (armbar)

Karl “Psycho” Amoussou vs. “The Iron Bull” John Doyle: Winner – Karl Amoussou via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1

Lucio “The Spartan” Linhares vs. Mikhail Zayats: Winner – Lucio Linhares via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1

Rob Broughton vs. Jesse Gibbs: Winner – Jesse Gibbs via unanimous decision

Lloyd “Kadillac” Marshbanks vs. Michael Kita: Winner – Michael Kita via TKO – Round 1

Daisuke Nakamura vs. Ferrid “The Hurricane” Kheder: Winner – Daisuke Nakamura via unanimous decision

Rogent Lloret vs. Alexey Oleinik: Bout was ruled a draw

Eric Marriott vs. Tim Bazer: Winner – Eric Marriott via unanimous decision

Sean “P-Town” Wilson vs. Josh Arocho: Winner – Sean Wilson via knockout – Round 1

Rudy Bears vs. Brendan Seguin: Winner – Rudy Bears via knockout – Round 2

Andria Caplan vs. Mollie Ahlers-Estes: Winner – Mollie Ahlers-Estes via TKO (doctor stoppage following round 1)

• fanoftna33 says:

I am three fights in and very unimpressed. The ref for the first heavyweight fight missed the guy tapping out twice. Linhares looked pretty good though. It is good to see the machine freeman back, he isnt a bad announcer.

• fraz says:

I’m really not a fan of these “sparring exhibitions”.
    I realize that this event had to add some star power to it in order to sell some tickets (their poster even featured the guys from the “exhibition” match rather than from the real matches) but the results of the exhibitions are meaningless and they detract from the card. MMA should be doing as much as possible to differentiate itself from athletic exhibitions (i.e. the WWE).

They also seem to spark far too much debate after-the-fact about the respective strengths of the fighters even though the exhibition match is a poor representation of actual match-ups since neither fighter is trying to expend too much energy or hurt their opponent.
    The Fedor/Aoki “fight” was semi-entertaining because of the huge size difference but I really hope that these things don’t start to pop up on more and more cards. They might attract some fans to the sport but in the end, I think it will do more harm than good.

• fanoftna33 says:

just watched the Fedor Mousasi exhibition, it was pretty good, but looked like Mousasi caught him in the shoulder lock.

• fanoftna33 says:

I cant belive Kerr went down so fast, .

• meatloaf says:

fraz “MMA should be doing as much as possible to differentiate itself from athletic exhibitions (i.e. the WWE).”

You think a sparring exhibition match with two of the best MMA fighters in the world is on par with the WWE?

You must be really appalled about Brock Lesnar and his whole wrestling shtick he can’t get out of his system.

I myself enjoy the Fedor/Aoki and Fedor/Mousasi exhibitions. I hope to see more of them in M-1 and other organizations.

• sigmund says:

this card was hit and miss. I’m glad too see a solid performance from linhares once again. Ammoussou looked good as well, too bad we didn’t get a chance to see more from either one. decent show in the exhibition match… looked like fun i guess, not really my thing though. I really hate Mo more every time i see him. i don’t know why, he fought well, won quickly all that shit but hell man i wanna see someone f*ck his ass up.

• BigDave says:

This card was even worse then i thought. Kerr didnt even put up any fight at all amoussou beat a guy that was in way over his head. Linaeres was the only bright spot on this event and even though it was free it was 2 hours of my life ill never get back.

• KTru says:

Thank you 5 ounces for the updates and reassuring me I did not miss anything tonight

• sigmund says:

Someone oughta fire that god damn ref

• fraz says:

meatloaf,
    No I don’t think it was on par with WWE. It was an extreme comparison. — And you got me on the Brock thing.

What I really meant was that I find that the exhibitions don’t do it for me because the results are basically meaningless – therefore you don’t get that same excitement or tension that comes from a regular match.

I also liked the Aoki/Fedor match like I said because the extreme size difference was interesting. I just personally don’t care for exhibition matches of any type – in any sport.

As a business/marketing move though, it made sense for them to do it. The card did need some name value on it to sell tickets.

• meatloaf says:

KTru”Wasting life on this piss poor card really shows that MMA fan will watch anything.”

LOL. and you were apparently living life to the fullest.
    Doing something so captivating that you just decided to drop by and check the results of the event on here and throw in a cheap shot to make yourself feel better.

GTFO!

• fraz says:

Seriously Ktru, could you have sounded like more of a dick?

• xtreme_machine says:

overall and decent card

• KTru says:

fraz says:
    August 29, 2009 at 12:01 am

Seriously Ktru, could you have sounded like more of a dick?

Yeah I could have, but then all you thin-skinned fems would have more to cry about

• KTru says:

And as for Meatloaf,

you took time to respond to my post, so what does that say about you?

btw, I had nothing else to do, my old roommate fought on the card, so I checked on how he did. Like, I said, I missed absolutely nothing

• egad81 says:

King MO is not joke but he should be fighting at 205 against guys in the UFC

• sigmund says:

I do not think king shmo would do well at 205 against the majority of the UFC although MO vs Tito does have a kinda nice ring to it…eh?

• impact1 says:

For the most part that was a poor show…
    The enterances were horrible with guys starting to walk to the ring in darkness (someone hit the stage lighting please). If you are going to do a show like this at least put all the people in attendance on one side of the arena (the side opposite the cameras) so that it looks full… even the WWE knows that.
    2nd – I am sure I saw the KC ref already huffing and puffing in the first round of the 3rd fight.
    Most of these guys looked out of shape and not ready for prime time (UFC/Strikeforce).
    First time seeing Mo. I wouldn’t crown him yet, but he looked like a strong smart fighter. He put himself in a great position to catch the leg kick. In my estimation he made Kerr want to throw it right of the bat.
    I’m glad I didn’t have to pay to see that card… and this is Fedors baby isn’t it? (ie an M1 Card). Fedor – please stick to fighting. Your throws of Gegard were sick!

• TerribleT says:

Man! Look at all the no-names that were on this card. M-1 has a long f’ing way to go,that’s for damn sure.Mark Kerr was in the main event HaHa ! LOL :-) How f’ing pathetic has he become? He missed the takedown so he just laid there face down and licked his nutsack while he took shots to both ears ’til the ref stepped in. WTF????

• meatloaf says:

Yeah they’re no names if you only watch UFC events?

God damn people are dumb.

• moosebaby02 says:

excpet for Lawal match (who didnt see the coming) and the “exhibition match” (yeahhhh) this was a pretty good card with some entertaining fights. and the ref should be hung

• fanoftna33 says:

That was probably the worst ref I have ever seen, Yves Lavinge would have stopped that fight sooner.

• Am I the only one who thinks King Mo is crazy for taking fights against Frye and Kerr? He really has nothing to gain by beating this guys. I would like to see him tested a bit more and see where his game really is.