Kenny Florian vs. Clay Guida expected for UFC 106

clay-guidaA lightweight matchup between Kenny Florian and Clay Guida has been rumored for UFC 106 on November 21st in Las Vegas.

Although the deal has not been finalized, Florian has recently stated tom MMAFanhouse.com that he’s confident a deal will get done.

Kenny “Ken Flo” Florian (11-4) won six-straight fights in  the Octagonbefore being submitted by UFC lightweight champion B.J. Penn, at UFC 101.

Clay “The Carpenter” Guida (25-10) lost by a very close split decision, in his most-recent fight in June against Lightweight contender Diego Sanchez, prior to that he was on a three fight win streak.

UFC 106 is scheduled to be headlined by Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin and also features the return of Tito Ortiz against Mark Coleman.

• t-shreds says:

great great match up! like both fighters a lot, i really want to see guida grind this one out!

• sensiman says:

2 of my favorites. Wow I dont know who to pick. I want them both to win.

• sensiman says:

If I had to pick I would go for Guida.

• fanoftna33 says:

This should be a great fight, it is nice to see Florian back so soon.

• xtreme_machine says:

guida all the way baby!

• fanoftna33 says:

Florian will have something to prove here, Kenny by tko round 2.

• gy614x says:

Well Kenny’s not gonna knock Guida out, actually maybe i should say he has a very small chance of it, best bet is a submission or grinding out a decision which will also be tough, but hes not gonna take Guida down either lol.

Guida by unanimous/split decision

• xtreme_machine says:

do you guys think that Eddie Alvarez has a chance at beating BJ Penn

because i saw him at Bully Beatdown and he his a big 155er

with good stand up and great submissions

• meatloaf says:

xtreme_machine apparently took over for ozz the powerful as ruler of the comment section.

• shotokai_ says:

Yeah where is Ozz these days? He (deservedly) got a few critical remarks about his excessive commenting and then he vanished. I miss reading what his opinion is on every single tiny aspect of MMA, 19 times a day.

• edub says:

“do you guys think that Eddie Alvarez has a chance at beating BJ Penn”

No. In fact I think BJ is a horrible match up for him. But thats true for almost anyone….

Kenny by TKO(He finishes fights remember)

• Angry Mike says:

I’m taking Florian on this one. Guida’s motor runs at high speed for all three rounds, but Florian’s conditioning is as good, and his striking is better. If Guida gets it to the ground, Florian’s bjj is better than old style gnp.

• Guida’s best trait, his cardio, won’t win him this fight.

Florian takes this one home easily.

• fraz says:

“do you guys think that Eddie Alvarez has a chance at beating BJ Penn”

Alvarez is getting all the talk right now but I still think Aoki is the better fighter out of those two — and neither of them matches up well with BJ.

I think BJ’s toughest match right now would be Hellboy – just because of his speed and unpredictable style.

• Bullylover says:

this fight looks like its going to be a chess match.guida has hulk like cardio and his wrestling stuffs anybody’s jit’s. However his boxing is poor at best. Kenny has sick muay thai with very slick submission skills. I believe this might be the second time we see clay get submitted. I see a submission in the 2nd via rear-naked choke for kenny.I do think this is going to be a very competitive fight.