A Dozen Bouts Finalized For “HDNET FIGHTS PRESENTS M-1 GLOBAL BREAKTHROUGH”

fedor mousasiM-1 Global has made twelve bouts official for the upcoming “HDNET FIGHTS PRESENTS M-1 GLOBAL BREAKTHROUGH” event to be held in Kansas City.

The card will be available on HDNet Fights and will take place at the Memorial Hall on Friday, August 28.

The main event will see the quickly rising Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal, already an established superstar in Japan where he has etched a 4-0 record fighting for Sengoku, making his first appearance on American soil as the NCAA wrestling champion faces off with former UFC powerhouse Mark Kerr in a heavyweight contest.

A man Wanderlei Silva has tabbed as “the future”, Karl “Psycho” Amoussou is also slated for the card in a middleweight showdown against the underdog, John Doyle; a capable and powerful veteran hoping to steal the spotlight of the French knockout specialist in a major way.

A heavyweight bout salvaged from “Affliction: Trilogy” pitting Jesse Gibbs up against Rob Broughton has been announced for the event. Gibbs has put up six wins in his last seven bouts while Broughton has established himself as one of the best big men in the UK, racking up wins over the likes of Neil Grove, Robert “Buzz” Berry and James “Collosus” Thompson.

The rematch between Lucio Linhares and Mikhail Zayats, two of the most talented middleweights competing out of M-1 Challenge, also promises to be one to watch.

Kicking off the card will be a woman many of you loyal 5 Oz’ers are well aware of. Andria Caplan will be making her much anticipated MMA debut as she faces off with an undefeated Mollie Ahlers-Estes.

Also scheduled for the event will be an exhibition match between Fedor Emelianenko and Gegard Mousasi. It will be interesting to see how things play out during this exhibition. Expect for things to get a little more heated than anticipated as Mousasi may have a bit to prove to Fedor. Neither man will want to be embarrassed, and it could turn out to be quite interesting. Here’s to hoping.

A full list of the scheduled bouts for the card are listed below:

Heavyweight (3×5): Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal (4-0) vs. Mark “The Smashing Machine” Kerr (15-10)

Special Sparring Exhibition: “The Last Emperor” Fedor Emelianenko vs. “The Dreamcatcher” Gegard Mousasi

Middleweight (3×5): Lucio “The Spartan” Linhares (12-4) vs. Mikhail Zayats (8-3)

Heavyweight (3×5): Jessie Gibbs (8-2) vs. Rob Broughton (10-4-1)

Middleweight (3×5): Karl “Psycho” Amoussou (10-2-1) vs. “The Iron Bull” John Doyle (9-8)

Heavyweight (3×5): Lloyd “Kadillac” Marshbanks (17-8) vs. Michael Kita (5-3)

Lightweight (3×5): Daisuke Nakamura (19-10) vs. Ferrid “The Hurricane” Kheder (14-3)

Heavyweight (3×5): Rogent Lloret (7-1) vs. Alexey Oleinik (24-4)

Lightweight (3×5): Eric Marriott (13-1) vs. Tim Bazer (9-6)

Lightweight (3×5): Sean “P-Town” Wilson (18-9) vs. Josh Orocho (11-6)

Welterweight (3×5): Rudy Bears (9-3) vs. Brendan Seguin (18-15-1)

Female 150 lbs. (3×3): Andria Caplan (DEBUT) vs. Mollie Ahlers-Estes (1-0)

• helterskelter says:

I’m stoked to see Mo back. Dude’s gonna go far. Amoussou is vicious. I saw him headkick this poor sap on a restart at an M-1 Challenge fight and he almost killd the guy… for real, the poor guy went into full on Frankensteiner mode and stayed there for a while. I’m always down to watch some free fights on a friday night.

• 3OAM says:

Is Andria Caplan Sam’s wife?

• Cory Brady says:

Yep, Andria is Sam’s wife. She’s been training forever, recently had a camp in Thailand, and she’s ready to go. 5 Oz’s is excited for her. War Andria!

• drstu says:

what is the format for exhibition matches? do they scrap for 5min and call it a day, or any other kind of time limits?

• TURKISH says:

This card is pretty solid. Fedor/Mousasi is just a bonus, and I really was looking forward to Amoussou beating the hell out of the always annoying Nick Thompson. Now I’ll have to settle for just watching him beat the hell outta somebody.

King Mo is a future Top 10 P4P fighter and the more fights he gets the better. Doesn’t matter if Kerr is over the hill experience in the ring or cage is only gonna make him better. I am hoping Kerr at least puts up a fight just for old times sake. Always have liked Mark and still do even if he isn’t anywhere near the fighter he used to be.

• sigmund says:

few real good fights on this card. looking forward to see linhares fight again. Hes been real impressive the last couple of times Ive seen him in the M1 challange, Ammousou too the guys a killer. I could care less about “king Mo” at this point. I don’t really see all the hype at this point. but hey maybe I’ll be impressed this go around. can’t wait for the weekend!

• BigDave says:

Andria I wish you the best of luck in your debut I along with everyone here I’m sure will be pulling for you.

• sigmund says:

I agree BigDave. we’re gonna see a fun little spar like that of fedor-aoki not really what I’m out to see. maybe with enough popularity in this exhibition the real thing may come to fruition in the future of strikeforce(crossing my fingers) heavyweight, catchweight, who cares I think that would be a great match.

• TURKISH says:

BigDave “Ok skip the king Mo vs yet another low end fighter way past his prime who is 2-8 in his last 10, it wont be worth what we pay to see it. looking forward to seeing linhares and amoussou as im sure most are. Am I the only one how could do without this grappling exibition. I want a real fight between these two guys for no other reason then I think mousasi would win a close fight and the Fedor hype can finally die down a bit.”

This guy really can’t stop embarrassing himself.

• TURKISH says:

In case anyone is interested the undercard for this event is going to stream live on Sherdog.

• BigDave says:

@Turkish – I’ve come to the conclusion that you are never going to grow past the mentality of a 12 year old and I’m sorry for that. Let me try to explain things in the simplest way I can. Now try to stay with me here, Any guy who is 2-8 in hes last 10 fights and is nearing 41 years old it stands to reason that he is past his prime and may need to step out of the ring. I wouldn’t want to see Kerr fight again if he was going up against anyone. Mo again is not taking a step up but rather back down which I wont put on him because the promoters set up the fights not the fighters. Ok have i cleared that up for you, I’m not bashing Mo I’m simply stating that this fight holds zero interest for me. Know on to my other point, you still with me Turkish or has it gone over your head yet. As a true MMA fan I don’t want to see two of the top MMA fighters in a grappling exhibition, I want to see them in an actual MMA fight. Even at a catch weight this would be a great bout. Now I have done the best I can to dumb it down for you Turkish next time you post trying to bash me try to at least make it intelligent.

• moosebaby02 says:

I guess speaking the truth with COMMON SENSE is embarrassing BigDave. Thanks for dumbing it down for me as well even though I understood what you meant the first time. Priceless
    As for the rest of the card looks pretty solid to me cant wait to TRY and find it up here in O’Canada