Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang brewing for UFC 105

denis kangA middleweight match-up between Michael Bisping and Denis Kang is currently being considered for UFC 105.

The event is scheduled for November 14 from Manchester, England.

It has recently been reported by the Fighters Only Magazine official website that Kang has been offered the bout by the UFC, although nothing is set in stone at this time.

Of course Bisping will be looking to bounce back from the devastating knockout loss suffered at the hands of Dan Henderson at UFC 100, while Kang looks to improve upon his UFC 97 decision victory over “Professor X”, Xavier Foupa-Pokam.

A headliner for the card has yet to be determined but there are current rumors of a highly anticipated lightweight bout as the main event. Stay tuned….

• BigDave says:

I like them both but Kang is gonna get thumped.

• Angry Mike says:

I think Bisping will be tentative and fearful of another ko. Kang should also be nervous given his record in the UFC.

• RoadsideGraphix says:

What are the chances of the loser getting cut from the UFC? Slim to None? Bisping looked horrible againt Hendo… and by that I mean he looked like a skinny frail man.

• hindsightufuk says:

chances of bisping getting cut are 0, though Denis may be a little wary

personally think this looks like a great fight, and i’d fancy Kang to take this 9 times out of 10

• fanoftna33 says:

I think Kang has the better fists and he is fast enough to keep up with Bisping so he cant hit and run like he did against Leben. Also Kand has soild wrestling as long as he doesnt get overextended because Bisping has some very solid grouns skills. This looks like a pretty good fight Id lean a little towards Kang here.

• TURKISH says:

Kang wanted to drop to 170, but it looks like that isn’t happening. Now anyway.

This could be similar to Ricardo Almeida’s situation. With Kang taking another fight at 185, and then moving to 170 after a win at 185.

Honestly I don’t see how Bisping wins unless Kang gasses again. Which is always a possibility I guess.

• CMT says:

I used to like Bisping until he showed his ass on TUF, then Hendo shut shut him up. I think Kang could edge him out. Bisping may be a liytle gun shy after that brutal KO.

• twyg says:

Honestly this fight could go either way. I think Bisping comes out pumped looking for a win in his hometown after getting exposed and humiliated by Hendo. Kang needs to be able to keep his composure in front of a hostile crowd and get through a sure Bisping early storm. He should use his wrestling and ground game because I don’t think “The Count” has much of one. The one thing Kang has to avoid is feeling like his job is on the line, which it might very well be. If he feels he has to rush the action to keep getting paychecks it could be an early night. In my heart I hope Kang wins, but when things are this close in sports you make the home team a slight favorite which is what my head tells me to do.

• Angry Mike says:

I’m leaning toward Kang. I’ve not been a fan of Bisping because he seems like a striker with little else to offer. No offsensive wrestling skills or bjj that I’ve seen. And his loss to Henderson raises questions about the level of his striking.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Maia vs Bisping would have been a better bet for Bisping as Bisping has shown very good TD defense against Hamill and Evans.
    I think Kang will win this one by some sort of TKO/KO in rd 2.

• Bullylover says:

“this is a very interesting matchup. to me it is very similiar to kang/belcher with belcher having beeter hands and bisping having better td defense.Skillwise kang is the more talented fighter & well rounded fighter but his cardio isn’t always the best and he’s been known to have brain farts from time to time. Hopefully kang can embarress bisping in his hometown.