Wanderlei Silva possibly out until 2010 recovering from facial surgery

WanderleiA middleweight match-up between Wanderlei Silva and Michael Bisping previously rumored to be taking place at UFC 105 will not happen.

According to Bisping in a recent blog on his official website, Silva may be out until sometime in 2010 due to “The Axe Murderer” currently recovering from facial  surgery.

There is no news of a replacement opponent for Bisping at this time, but it makes sense that he will still be competing on the card being that it takes place in Manchester, England.

The date for the event is set for November 14 and will air on Spike TV.

Wanderlei has not confirmed or denied the surgery, but reports have circulated recently that his facial appearance had undergone some change.

• Wanderlei Silva, arguably the most attractive fighter in the game, had facial reconstructive surgery??

Say it ain’t so!!

That sucks, a fight with Bisping would have been right up his alley.

• moosebaby02 says:

it would have the same result as the Hendo fight

• Jstew3785 says:

Shouldn’t have been a problem considering Bisping hits like a bitch.

• moosebaby02 says:

and has no idea how to come up with a game plan that has a real chance. moving into hendos right like it has never destroyed anyone before. great gameplan

• King B says:

Bisping is so overated. I would have loved to see Wandy knock him out.

• hindsightufuk says:

brilliant, i love that no one has a good thing to say about Michael Bisping! it makes me warm inside

• King B says:

I’ve seen some pics Wandy has certainly had work done.

• Angry Mike says:

Ever notice how ‘Wand looks like Peg Leg Pete from Mickey Mouse cartoons? Hopefully the surgery doesn’t change that.

• Jstew3785 says:

Sorry hindsight, I used to think Bisping was alright until he coached TUF. Now IMO, he showed his true self, which is a douchbag.

• Angry Mike says:

I’m curious to see if Bisping can bounce back after Henderson’s brutal ko. I’ve always questioned the guy’s heart after the Hammil fight.

• fanoftna33 says:

Hindsight, one of the few things about Bisping i really liked was his fight with Rashad, he looked so good then, took a punch well had great takedown defense, but ever since he said he was looking for a decision with Leben I havent been a fan.

• manny says:

Bisping just lucked out of being KO’d for a second straight time. Have you guys seen Wand’s face? He looks halarious, his cheeks are up and eye brows look wired/funny. i saw a pic at the sherdog website in case ya want to take a look.

• danw84 says:

“If the procedure was done it would likely have been to remove excess scar tissue that is common with people that take punches to the face for a living.”

Hahahaha.

• BigDave says:

Its to bad that this fight looks like its off. it would have been a war. I know alot of people dont like the count but but ive never been one to care what other people like I just want to see good fights and bag on shitty ones and thats what i will continue to do. I would love to see bisping fight hendo again and get him in a choke and not let it go like babalu did then say he did it to teach the fucker a lesson in respect after the shit hendo pulled the last time.

Let the hatin on me begin!

• edub says:

No need to hate. Its your opinion your entitled.

Of course your opinion is wrong, but it is still yours to have.

• Angry Mike says:

Bisping hasn’t submitted anybody in about 5 years, and never in the UFC. No way in hell he sub’s Henderson, and after that ko I doubt Bisping gets (or wants) a re-match

• moosebaby02 says:

hey I like Bisbing but if your gonna run your mouth and calling a KO against a man like Hendo then you dont be so cocky as to not give the hellraiser right Hendo has no respect. it was like he was daring him to throw it. That was the most important fight of his life and to me he threw it all down the crapper by not thinking in the cage like a real fighter would have

• moosebaby02 says:

oh and that extra punch was a statement “put up or shut up”

• xtreme_machine says:

dam it i want it to see another HENDO like knock out

also Silva need it another vicious KO

hopefully Nate Marquard can fight him and knock him out again.

• hindsightufuk says:

i just dont like how Bisping is supposed to be the face of UK mma, trust me, over here, no one asked him to be that face. he’s a boulshy arrogant cunt who looked great unconcious. i didnt mind him so much at LHW, before he had so much exposure, before anyone let him open his mouth. his lhw fights were decent enough, soon as he dropped to middleweight he’s looked pony. and his “game plan” of stick and move makes him look like a fool.
    Etim, Hardy, Taylor and Kelly are much better ambassadors for UK mma, they need more exposure.

• Jstew3785 says:

So you really do hate Bisping. I thought your first comments were sarcasm man.

• JollyDV says:

Well I thing he looks great since the surgery. I am all for plastic surgery to improve yourself.

• moosebaby02 says:

I thought so to Jstew3785. hindsightufuk he is a good fighter and i think a great coach. its to bad his mouth gets him the bad rep he has now. the lights have gone to his head

• Jolly, where did you see pics of Wandy post-op?

• fanoftna33 says:

I love watching Relentless Paul Taylor fight, that guy should be right up there as the face of the UK, good call Hindsight.

• Jstew3785 says:

To take a page from hindsight, I wonder what Don Frye would have to say about this as well.

• edub says:

He would probably say “I only wanna fight Mo Lawal in LA”.

Oh sorry wrong thread.

• ChokeUout says:

Damn. I was looking forward to seeing “The C*unt” get bashed by another one of my favorite fighters.

• elkymbo says:

The surgery should do him good. Maybe now he won’t have a head like a pug with a mouthful of bees.

• hindsightufuk says:

theres a picture on yahoo sports, looks a bit wierd, not even sure if its real.