“Little Nog” Antonio Rogerio Nogueira newest addition to UFC roster

antonio-rogerio-nogueiraThe ultra-stacked UFC light-heavyweight division just got a little deeper with the recent addition of “Little Nog” Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.

Nogueira’s twin brother, and fellow UFC fighter Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira recently spilt the beans during a media conference call for UFC 102 which will be featuring himself and Randy Couture as a headliner.

“They’re going to announce that,” said the former UFC champion in regards to his brother’s arrival in the UFC. “I don’t know when. They’ve already talked to him, so for sure he’s coming to the UFC.

Additionally, MMAJunkie.com has been able to confirm through a source close to the fighter that he has recently been removed from a Bitetti Combat event scheduled for September 12 in his native country of Brazil, so an Octagon debut for “Little Nog” could be in the very near future.

Nogueira has established himself as a premier light-heavyweight, compiling an impressive record of 17-3 while competing for the PRIDE, Sengoku and Affliction promotions. He has notched wins over highly regarded fighters such as Kazushi Sakuraba, Dan Henderson, and Alistair Overeem to name a few.

Nogueira’s last appearance saw him avenge a prior defeat at the hands of Vladimir Matyushenko by TKO in January.

• Jstew3785 says:

Sweet. This is an awesome pickup for the UFC. Wonder who his first fight will be.

• edub says:

Well now there is no one for Mousasi to fight outside of the UFC.

IMO if the UFC were to pick up Hieron, Shields, and Mousasi there would be no significant ww or lhw outside of the Octagon.(Diaz=MW)

• moosebaby02 says:

it was a matter of time

• fanoftna33 says:

I have only seen him fight live once, at the first Affliction event. I cannot wait to see him in the ufc but I hope it is against a good competitor, like how for Trigg’s first fight back he gets Kos, or Belforts return he gets Franklin. Cain would be a good opponent, or even Matt Hammil.

• TURKISH says:

edub “Well now there is no one for Mousasi to fight outside of the UFC.”

Not to mention he has Sokoudjou scheduled in Dream Oct. 6th.

And you say if the UFC were to pick up Hieron, Shields, and Mousasi as if they’re currently free agents. That’s like saying Strikeforce should pick up BJ Penn, Jon Fitch, and Rampage even if they’re under contract. It doesn’t make any sense.

• Rich S. says:

awesome news

• The phrase “there is no one for Mousasi to fight” = there is no one for Mousasi to fight that anyone gives a shit about.

• TURKISH says:

I glad your arrogant enough to think you know what everyone gives a shit about.

Keep it up.

• Arona. That is fucking it.

It’s not arrogance, it’s pure, simple logic.

• egad81 says:

UFC makes fighters give up a lot of opportunities that could be lucrative.
    Strikeforces approach to open contracts is usually going to be better for the fighters. If you want to fight every month the UFC is not the place for you.
    If you want to be considered one of the BEST IN THE WORLD… odds are you going to want to get in the UFC at some point. (Fedor being the only exception to date)

• Scott H. says:

Hi Turkish.

I think most people would be interested in the Sokoudjou – Mousasi fight, but off the top of my head, I can’t think of another decent match for him when he returns to Strikeforce.

Am I missing someone?

• Jstew3785 says:

Sergio, I’m wondering why Turkish is trying to blast you considering you both said about the same thing.

• Scott H. says:

… back to little Nog. Luis Cain would be a great first fight for him. Or Jake O’Brian if they want to give him an easier fight… what, he was cut?
    Never mind.

I’ll throw out a couple of other names. What about Forest??? Has Tito-Coleman been signed? I’d be way more interested in Tito – Little Nog.

• Jstew3785 says:

If Shogun wasn’t tied up that would be a good first fight back. Their first fight back in Pride was one of the best fights I’ve seen

• sigmund says:

I would like to see him fight either jon jones or luiz cane… ahh man who am i kidding there are so many good matchups at this division you might as well pick a name out of a hat. As for who mousasi fights next in strikeforce… how about have jacare move up to 205 for a rematch that would be cool.

• edub says:

edub “Well now there is no one for Mousasi to fight outside of the UFC.”

“Are you serious? I mean come on that’s just ridiculous. Maybe there’s no one outside of the UFC you want to see him fight, but to say there’s no one for him to fight it asinine. He’s had 29 fights so far in his career and none were in the UFC.
    Not to mention he has Sokoudjou scheduled in Dream Oct. 6th.

Besides Hieron could be in the UFC right now if he wanted to he was offered a contract.”

Ummm where to begin…

First off I will rephrase.

There is no more significant match ups for him at 205 lbs.(Besides a Sokoujou who just lost to Babalu and Luiz Cane in his last two 205lb endeavors). Hes fighting Sokoudjou in a couple months so whats to do after that. Maybe Jacare or Jake Shields can make 205(sarcasm).

I was speaking hypothetically to the fact of picking up the three signed fighters. All coming to the UFC would provide the first complete divisions of high level mma IMO, and produce truly undisputed world mma champions in their particular divisions(although GSP and Machida already fit that mold with little argument).

Lay off the drugs dude.

• JollyDV says:

That is awesome, double pleasure!!!!!

• Batman says:

Im glad to see Antonio Rogerio Nogueira is now in the UFC maybe someone listened to my opinion. How about Jake Shields, can the fans get him in the UFC?

• s00nertp says:

He should be on more top 10 lists for 205 imo, he just hasnt been fighting recognized guys in a while. This is long overdue.

Thanks UFC for picking him up.

• nope says:

“TURKISH = Hater”

I think i saw that on another post?
    If I did…+1 on that.

If not…

TURKISH = Hater.

Relax man.

• nope says:

Other than that, Good pick up UFC. It’s about time.

• TURKISH says:

Hater of what? What are you talking about?

Disagreeing with a couple people means I should relax. Again WTF.

Maybe you need to relax.

• hindsightufuk says:

this is the best mma news i heard this year. i’ve said before i dont care what promotion he fights for as long as he fights often and against well matched opponents.

Also Nogueiras last appearance was in May this year at Jungle Fight (download it people), nice triangle choke over some french guy, Dion someone

• Jak says:

Seems funny that TURKISH can bash people for saying there are very little in the way of competitive opponents people care about outside the UFC for Mousasi…

But nowhere in his posts does he bring up any of these fighters…

Appears just to be another hater.

• The more I think about it, the more I am positively jacked for this.

Lil’ Nog really is the complete package. Great, technical striking combined with what could be the sickest submission game at 205.

And Jstew is right on the money… his fight with Shogun at CC ’05 was epic.

Aside from Arona, UFC has all of Pride’s old top “middleweights” locked up.

• shotokai_ says:

Great signing. I think with the right fights, the first fight being particularly crucial, I think he could go a long way in the UFC LHW div. Probably has got the sickest submission game at 205 Sergio, off the top of my head anyway.

• hindsightufuk says:

“The more I think about it, the more I am positively jacked for this.”

exactly how im feeling, cant wait to see him get busy.

and again i agree that the Shogun fight is an all time classic

• Jstew3785 says:

Yeah, hopefully the “Pride Curse” does not affect Lil Nog. Maybe they’ll give him someone like Houston Alexander so he can acclimated to the cage a little.

• TURKISH says:

Jak & nope hater of what?

Again WTF are you and your buddy talking about?

• Jstew3785 says:

dude…. let it go.

• moosebaby02 says:

oh he wont Jstew3785. trying to stir the pot is his forte

• TURKISH says:

I’m glad you went out of your way to comment I should let it go when you have absolutely nothing to do with my previous posts, but you felt the need to add your 2 cents.

dude….mind your own business. Really.

• TURKISH says:

“oh he wont Jstew3785. trying to stir the pot is his forte”

Keep piling on come on someone else tell me to let it go when all the rest of the regulars here are doing anything but letting it go.

Nothing like people just posting comments about my opinions and not a thing to do with the actual topic.

• moosebaby02 says:

just following your lead man

• Jstew3785 says:

You’re right Turkish, I should butt out of your dick measuring contest. Have fun

• TURKISH says:

Talk about not letting it go.

I was probably a little short with you Jstew, but this moosebaby is just unbelieveable.

• Jstew3785 says:

• edub says:

“It’s cool Turkish. But anyway, I think Jolly DV’s comment about “double pleasure” must have gone unnoticed by us. What exactly does that mean Jolly? Care to clarify?”

Im guessing to Nogs in the same org.

• Jstew3785 says:

I know man. I heard a girl say double pleasure so I had to see what she was talking about…..

• edub says:

Thats hot.

• Jstew3785 says:

Now you’re with me…..

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Imagine the tournament you could have at LHW in the UFC.
    Rampage vs A. Silva
    Evans vs Thiago
    Machida vs Jones
    Ortiz vs Jardine
    Nog vs W. Silva
    Cain vs Shogun
    Vladimir vs Hendo
    Forrest vs Lidell

WoW and there was more big names I could have put in there.