Dave “Pee Wee” Herman vs. Don Frye in September

dave-hermanHeavyweight knockout artist Dave “Pee Wee” Herman is set to square off with mixed martial arts legend Don Frye at “Shark Fights 4” on September 12.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com has recently been able to confirm the news of the bout through sources close to the fight.

Of course Frye recently pulled out of his scheduled August 28 match-up against Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal at “M-1 Global: Breakthrough” citing the change of venue from California to Kansas as the reason for his withdrawal.

Herman has established himself as a finishing machine in the heavyweight division, with every one of his victories ending on his own terms. Eleven knockouts and three submission make up Herman’s fourteen victories as a professional, compiling wins over the likes of Mario Rinaldi, “Meat Truck” Kerry Schall and Ron Waterman along the way. He recently bounced back from his first defeat as a professional at the hands of Choi Mu Bae in January by TKO’ing a game Josh Barnes at Bellator 5 in May.

Frye has gone 2-2 in his last four fights, notching wins over Bryan Pardoe and Rich Moss while dropping bouts to James Thompson and Ikihusa Minowa. Frye also recently made a small appearance in the motion picture blockbuster “Public Enemies”.

• Angry Mike says:

Too far to go? WTF? Is Frye afraid to fly? I saw him on Inside MMA with King Mo a few weeks ago and Frye was his usual wisecracking self. I can’t believe Frye pulled out of the fight because of the distance, and I don’t want to think he’s ducking anybody.

• TURKISH says:

I expected Herman to be matched up with a tomato can here, but Don Frye is a pleasant surprise.
    Herman should win, but It’ll be interesting, and if he does win I’d guess he’ll be moving on to a bigger show unless he’s contracted to Bellator.

I hope Shark Fights streams this on their website.

• fanoftna33 says:

Don Frye should be a good fight for anybody. I dont think I have ever been dissapointed watching any of his fights, except for the second Goodridge fight where he laid on his back for about 9 minutes waiting for Gary to tire.

• sigmund says:

I’ve gotta feeling that pee-wee is gonna knock the mustache right off of don frye. Like a few otheres have said already though you can’t count out old don should be an entertaining fight regardless of the outcome

• Jstew3785 says:

Sigmund, you don’t tug on superman’s cape, and you definitely don’t talk about the ‘stache of Don Frye.

• sigmund says:

hahaha. alright I was in the wrong there. although I am not a huge don frye fan I was in the wrong when disrespecting his moustache. i withdraw the first portion of my previous comment

• Texas13 says:

Who else is fighting on this card? I thought Marcus Sursa was going to be fighting for a Title? Who is he fighting?