“Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg” Live Results & Updates

strikeforce thumbThanks for joining FiveOuncesOfPain.com for what promises to be an exciting and exhilarating night of fights in San Jose, California as Strikeforce presents “Carano vs. Cyborg”.

All of the action will kick off at 8:30 pm ET (5:30 pm PT) with the main card airing at 10:30 pm ET on Showtime, and you can check back right here as 5 Oz’s brings you all of the latest results and updates from the event as it happens.

Of course the main event of the evening is a highly anticipated female championship bout pitting Gina “Conviction” Carano up against Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos.

Also on the card will be a light heavyweight between Renato “Babalu” Sobral and Gegard Mousasi, Gilbert Melendez vs. Mitsuhiro Ishida and much more.

Isaiah Hill vs. Alex Trevino: Winner – Trevino via submission (side choke) – Round 1

James Terry vs. Zac Bucia: Winner Winner – Kerry via TKO – Round 1

David Douglas vs. Justin Wilcox: Winner – Wilcox via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3

Scott Lighty vs. Mike Cook: Winner: Lighty via TKO – Round 1

Jay Hieron vs. Jesse Taylor: Winner – Hieron via unanimous decision

Mike Kyle vs. Fabricio Werdum: Winner – Werdum via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1

Gilbert Melendez vs. Mitsuhiro Ishida: Winner – Melendez via TKO – Round 3

Renato “Babalu” Sobral vs. Gegard Mousasi: Winner Mousasi via knockout – Round 1

Gina Carano vs. Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos: Winner – Cyborg via TKO – Round 1

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Wow that was close!
    Wasn’t supposed to read this.
    Luckily winner of last four fights not named yet.
    Well done Hieron.

• Josh_Kahn says:

And that’s the end of big time women’s mma.

• BigDave says:

I love being right. I got every fight on the main card right.Gina was destroyed, Babalu got KIFO, Werdum was to skilled. Taylor overrated,Melendez won a boring fight.

Now maybe we can get some real womens MMA fights and not just a hot chick who cant hack a real female fighter that is her size.

Mousasi is the man thats all I can say there. Melendez is just plan boring to watch.

Werdum if he can stay in shape is a force to be reckond with.

Ok i’m rambling now so ill stop.

• […] a full list of the event results from “Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg” CLICK HERE No TweetBacks yet. (Be the first to Tweet this post)SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title: "Cyborg batters […]

• Brendhan Conlan says:

Gina losing was better than her winning and I hope to explain why in a soon-to-come article.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

Agreed about Melendez being boring.

Did anyone notice Cyborg smiling after the first few engagements? She knew Gina’s power wasn’t even on the same playing field as hers. Gina got plain taken apart.

Just to let everyone know, I watched the SF card last night, and not 100. (Let the boorish jeers roll in now) I was fairly impressed. Not a bad card.
    It was exciting to see Babalu almost get blown up in the pyro, hear about Hershel Walker traing ” M “N” A for about 8 years” and as usual, the commentary just PISSES me off. But in all seriousness, not bad.

Did anyone catch the Fedor hype commercial? I was curious to see what SF and Showtime would do; what they would come up with. I see the direction they are starting to go with this now.

I have a feeling this little rivalry is going to get REAL ugly.

• egad81 says:

So were is Tara LaRosa when you need her? I say Tara is the true Women’s Champ.

SIGN THAT FIGT … I think Tara gives up 10 – 20 lbs to Cyborg but she is from Jersey so no big deal.

Tara LaRosa 17-1-0 only loss came in 2003!
    COME ON COKER MAKE IT HAPPEN