Chris Lytle out of UFC Fight Night 19 bout with Carlos Condit

Carlos conditChris “Lights Out” Lytle has been forced to withdraw from his eagerly anticipated welterweight match-up with Carlos Condit at UFC Fight Night 19 due to suffering an extensive injury to one of his knees.

The news of the bout-scratching injury to Lytle comes courtesy of a report from MMAMania.com who confirmed the withdrawal with sources close to the Indiana based fighter earlier today.

UFC Fight Night 19 is scheduled to take place on September 16 from the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma.

No news of a replacement opponent for the injured Lytle is available at this time but you can rest assured that the UFC is currently on the job.

The report of Lytle’s withdrawal is an unfortunate won as he is currently coming off of a 3 for 3 streak earning “Fight of the Night” honors and the bout with Condit was likely to make it 4 for 4.

Condit will be looking to bounce back in September after coming up on the short end of a split decision to Martin Kampmann at UFC Fight Night 18 that could have gone either way. “The Natural Born Killer” established himself as one of the best fighters currently competing at 170 pounds as he approaches his thirtieth trip to the cage, compiling wins over the likes of Brock Larson, John Alessio and Frank Trigg to name just a few.

• dpk says:

Marcus Davis or if they moved Paul Daley over from the 103 card would both be good fights. Another option might be Howard if he is ready to go after his win at 101.

• GetItOn says:

Yea Marcus Davis would be a great matchup! Even Dan Hardy would be a good opponent, even coming off his win over Davis. They probably don’t want to throw Matt Hughes on a Fight Night card since he is PPV material, but that would also be a fun matchup.

The matchup possibilities are endless in welterweight, assuming everyone is injury free and ready to fight.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

I’ll agree whole heartedly about Davis. I like his fights. Dan Hardy is more than likely going to be on a numbered card since his win, but I would think Davis would be a shoe-in for this just coming off a SD loss.

Speaking of Hughes, is he retiring or what? I thought he said after the Serra fight he was really considering it.

• metalmulisha says:

This sucks. As much as I was sure Condit was going to win I still was interested in watching that fight. We’ll see if he stays on this card.

And please stop with this Marcus Davis non sense. The guy is so annoying.

• fanoftna33 says:

Hughes is still waiting to hear from the ufc(according to his website) so its up in the air. After his last fight where he looked really bad facing Serra( I still think he lost that one) I cant see them putting the same kind of money into him.
    If he does leave the ufc though he can do pretty good in strikeforce.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

Marcus Davis, Marcus Davis, Marcus Davis……

What’s wrong with the guy? Why do you find him so annoying?

• dpk says:

If not Marcus Davis, then throw out a name. There are a ton of possibilities at WW.

• I’m going to be there and this news makes me a sad panda. I was really looking forward to this fight.

What’s Chris Wilson up to? That’d be a great fight.

• Angry Mike says:

Dustin Hazelett.

• Hazelett is out until early 2010. Again, something that makes me a sad panda.

• Angry Mike says:

Damnit. What happened to Hazelett?

• metalmulisha says:

“What’s Chris Wilson up to? That’d be a great fight.”

He’s fighting Mike Pyle on this card.

• Mike: Tore his ACL

And that’s awesome, metal. Wilson/Pyle is sure to be a great fight too.

• edub says:

I like the idea of him and Hardy goin at it. I think it would be a great showcase fight for both of them, and I would put them both on the same level in the division regarding contender status.

• JollyDV says:

UFC .com has completely removed Condit from the site for UFN. Anywhoo, is anyone going to OK to see the fight? If so, get with me prior, I would love to meet for a drink or soda before the fights.
    Melissa

• twyg says:

Matt Hughes was mentioned earlier, I don’t think he will do it. Hardy would be nice but that fight should come a little down the road and on a numbered card. One name that is compelling to me at least is Matt Serra. Both guys are coming off losses, both are former champs, and the fight woulod tell us a lot about both fighters. Is Condit ready for the big show? Is Serra still competitive at 170 or should he get on a diet and drop to 155? I think this would be a really good fight for both guys.

• JollyDV says:

That makes a lot of sense Twg. I would like to see that fight.

• Jake Ellenberger has been signed to take on Condit. Can’t say I know him at all but from people who do, he’s a great prospect.

And Jolly, I’m driving up for the fights (it’s only about 3 hours from DFW). We can hang out before and talk about how we’re not really fans because we don’t train. It’ll be a blast.

• fanoftna33 says:

Serra would have been a good fight, but he is kind of risky for the ufc to put in with Condit.