Lavar Johnson doing great, wants to begin training as soon as possible

lavar johnsonFinally a breath of fresh air in the world of mixed martial arts in the form of some fantastic news pertaining to the condition of Strikeforce heavyweight Lavar Johnson.

Most fight fans are already fully aware that Lavar suffered serious injuries after being shot during 4th of July festivities being celebrated with close friends and family. Sadly, one man perished and three others were wounded in this senseless act of violence.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com has recently been able to confirm through Johnson’s management, Zinkin Entertainment, that Lavar has been released from the hospital and is doing “very well”.

Five Ounces also learned that Lavar recently showed up to Josh Koscheck‘s AKA Fresno gym grand opening and was in good spirits. He was walking around, talking to everyone, and continuing to help out when needed.

Johnson hopes to begin training again as soon as humanly possible.

Johnson is an electrifying heavyweight knockout artist with a penchant for mauling his opponents in the clinch. Standing 6’2″ tall and tipping the scales upwards of 250 pounds, it’s not hard to figure out how Lavar “Big” Johnson earned his nickname. Sporting a record of 12-3, Johnson has never seen the judges once in his fifteen fight career, stopping eleven of his victims by knockout while finishing the remaining opponent off with a submission from strikes.

With the proper physical rehabilitation Johnson could make a very real and immediate impact on the current Strikeforce heavyweight division.

Lavar has been in our thoughts and prayers at 5 Oz’s since day one, and we continue to wish him a speedy recovery, and a successful return to the cage.

• edub says:

Good to hear.

Has he fought Brett Rogers yet?

• metalmulisha says:

No Johnson never fought Rogers.

This is great news that he’s recovering quickly. Apparently the person that shot him was like a 15 or 16 year old girl.

There was talk of him fighting James Thompson on this Strikeforce card coming up before he was shot. Hopefully he makes a full recovery and can resume fighting eventually. The guy’s got serious KO power and one of the best nicknames in MMA.

• edub says:

Cool I definately like to see him fight Brett than. Thats gotta end in a KO.

• VENOM says:

Great News! I can’t wait to see Big Lavar in the ring/cage again really soon!

• danw84 says:

Really, REALLY great to hear.

• submit662266 says:

Good to hear. I was also sad to hear about what happened, and am relieved that he is ok and will recover. My sympathies to his family and friends. Good luck Lavar.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

Brett Rogers- AGREED. I’m not too keen on SF’s heavyweight roster, but that would be a great matchup sylistically.

Glad to hear he’s is ok though.

• Rich S. says:

I’ve yet to see Lavar fight.. But, I just looked up his record and HOLY CRAP.. Out of 12 wins, 11 are knockouts and the lone submission is due to strikes.. He’s obviously got some serious power and I’m looking forward to seeing him perform now.. I’m glad he’s OK and I wish him a speedy recovery..