Aaron Simpson vs. Ed Herman back on for UFC 102

After a series of bout changes reminiscent of a feverish game of musical chairs, Aaron Simpson and Ed Herman are once again set to face off, this time at UFC 102.

The UFC made the bout official earlier this afternoon.

UFC 102 will take place on August 29 from the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon.

Simpson is a two-time All American wrestler that went on to coach for Arizona State. He currently trains at Arizona Combat Sports along side the likes of Ryan Bader, Jamie Varner, C.B.Dollaway and Jacob McClintock. Simpson possesses a professional fighting record of 5-0 with all of his victories coming by way of knockout.

Herman recently came back from three consecutive defeats with the UFC by derailing David Loiseau at UFC 97. He will be looking to stay afloat in the UFC by notching a win over the undefeated Simpson in August.

A full list of the bouts set for UFC 102 are listed below:

vs. Mark Munoz
Evan Dunham
vs. Matt Veach
Ed Herman
vs. Aaron Simpson

• mac wilson says:

I’m suprised they made that fight since both of the origional guys backed out from major injuries….now it’s a fight of two guys who are on extremely short notice.

It should still make for a good tilt.

• drdsanders says:

I would rather see Herman vs Grove on an UFN where Dana announces in advance that the loser is out of the UFC.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

Well, here’s a thought.

They could have pulled Tim Credeur from FN 19 and had him replace Herman. I would rather have seen Simpson and Credeur go at it. Tim’s fight with Quarry will be good, but it would have been nice to see 2 guys undefeated in UFC to put it on the line.

I have to go with Simpson in this one though. Either way, keep an eye on Tim. He’s going to surprise a lot of folks here in the future.

• edub says:

Ooooooooo that is so horrible, but would be damn interesting and you know the fight would be exciting the first one was very entertaining.

• mac wilson says:

I like Tim a lot. He’s a tough, gritty, veteran.

I talked to Eddie Bravo awhile back and he said that Tim was coming around to the 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu system. Tim already had awesome jitz. This was shortly after his stint on TUF. Eddie said he was a real skeptic.

But it has been long enough that he could be proficient had he made an honest effort to learn it.

So who knows? It sounds like he is re-energized and looking to continually grow. I’m excited to see his next fight, as I came to expect action from him on TUF.

• edub says:

Yea Tim surprised me a lot in his first few fights in the UFC. I would like to see him and Dan Miller go at it.

• mac wilson says:

well his MMA record isn’t that big but he’s a long time scrapper. So not so much a veteran. He just reminds me of guys like Neer and Lytle for some reason. He’s got that quality I think.

• mac wilson says:

That would be a fight of the night shoe-in

• fanoftna33 says:

I dont see Tim beating Quarry though, he is a good fighter. The fight I am looking forward to here is Jardine vs Silva. Hopefully Jardine gets a ko.

• mac wilson says:

Yea that will be a thrill to watch….I hope it goes at least a full round because I just wanna see these guys go at it for a bit.

Jardine and Silva are gonna bring the crowd to thier feet for sure.

• edub says:

Yea Mac I gotta a bad feeling for Jardine here. I know Thiago is no where near as experienced as him, but I think if he comes in aggressive/throwing hard puches he might clip Jardine and have himself an early night.

If that happens a rematch between him and Griffin would be perfect, and a match up between Cain and Silva would be too.

• fanoftna33 says:

Judging from his last two fights Silva is the one who will have to guard his chin here, and remember Jardine just went three rounds with the much heavier hitting Jackson, I cant see Silva coming out a winner here.

• ihateurface says:

I can’t wait to see Simpson blast Ed Herman. Watch Aaron Simpson! This guy is a freak! Prediction = Simpson TKO’s Herman rd 1.

• Rich S. says:

Bottom line is, we never know what we’re going to get with Jardine.. He always comes with a good gameplan.. But, his chin is just… weird.. He gets knocked out by Houston Alexander.. Then goes three rounds against one of the most lethal knockout artists ever in Liddell.. Then gets knocked out quickly AGAIN by Wanderlei.. But proceeds to go three rounds with arguably the hardest hitter in the UFC right now, Rampage.. Now that I think about it, I can’t remember the last time he DIDN’T get rocked badly in a fight.. It seems if he can survive the early barrages, he can win the fight..

Still, I like Jardine in this fight..

yet another awesome card..

• edub says:

True that except I dont think anybody hits harder than Anderson Silva in the UFC .

• metalmulisha says:

If Jardine gets hit right on the button he’s done. Those fights with Liddell and Jackson neither guy hit him flush like Houston Alexander or Wand did that’s why he survived to see a decision.
    If they had of connected clean to the jaw with a punch he would’ve crumbled like a house of cards.

As far as P4P hardest hitters right now in the UFC I think it’s a toss up between Anderson Silva and Anthony Rumble Johnson.