twitter google

Finkelchtein on Fedor 6-fight, $30-million contract with the UFC: ‘No such offer was ever made’

Vadim and FedorAccording to M-1 Global in a recent press release issued to the media, reports of Fedor Emelianenko being offered a six-fight, $30 million contract with the UFC are completely false.

Syndicated radio host Charmichael Dave recently reported that Fedor had been offered the jaw-dropping contract, causing speculation to run rampant among mixed martial arts fans as to how such an impressive sum could be turned down.

Other reports had recently surfaced that Emelianenko had finished his talks with the UFC. According to M-1 Global president and manager to Fedor, Vadim Finkelchtein, nothing could be further from the truth.

“There have been recent reports stating that talk between M-1 Global and the UFC regarding Fedor fighting in the UFC have ended,” began Finkelchtein. “Like some of the other reports that have surfaced, this is incorrect.

“It is unfortunate that so much incorrect information has been leaked to the public. It is M-1’s preference not to negotiate in public and we are unsure why people claim that Fedor and M-1 turned down a six fight, $30 million contract to fight in the UFC when no such offer was ever made.”

Finkelchtein isn’t sure how the report from Charmichael Dave came about but he assures you, if it doesn’t come directly from M-1 Global or the UFC; don’t believe the hype.

“Even though Lorenzo Fertitta and Dana White did not meet with Fedor in person on Tuesday, they were represented over the phone,” explained Vadim. “Outside of representatives of the UFC and M-1, no other company was represented during our negotiations. Since we did not go to the media with details of the meeting and only responded to the erroneous reports, we are unsure how these reports started.”

If anything, bogus reports such as this one will do nothing but hinder future negotiations with the UFC. As of right now, nothing is set in stone, and all options are being considered.

“It’s unfortunate because these type of tactics will not help ensure that M-1’s talks with the UFC are fruitful,” the Co-Owner of M-1 Global stated. “M-1 Global is still interested in continuing to negotiate with the UFC and while we are fielding offers from other major promotions, nothing has been decided. It is our hope that the UFC will remain in active dialogue with us as we try to find ways for us to work together. All we are asking is that there is give-and-take in the negotiations and that they are not one-sided.”

5 COMMENTS
  • ozz_the_powerful says:

    Honestly? Does anyone even care what this snake in the grass has to say?

    I just hope there is a live update thread on Dana’s Press Conference.

    That’s the truth I need.

  • ozz_the_powerful says:

    Here’s my point-

    “M-1 Global is still interested in continuing to negotiate with the UFC….”

    A manager is suppossed to be trying to negotiate for the fighter, not the promotion.

    Apparently this has nothing to do with Fedor……. Just sad

  • fanoftna33 says:

    This is what I said testerday all these reports are coming from one side or another, for me to belive anything from Dana or Vadim I would have to see them both together agreeing on what was said(kind of like when one of my kids lie and I dont know which one) I hope good news comes out very soon.

  • danisocean says:

    very sad

  • danisocean says:

    What happened to fighting the best in the world to proclaimed the best in the world.

    Ufc not enough exposure? Not enough money? VEry very sad that M1 global is trying to co promote

    Maybe they should start promoting there own fights and stop leaching on to Fedor

LEAVE A COMMENT!

You must be logged in to post a comment.