Fedor Emelianenko will headline upcoming “EA Sports MMA”

ea sports mmaFedor Emelianenko has just announced that he will be headlining the upcoming mixed martial arts video game being produced by EA Sports.

The announcement came during his press conference being held in California this afternoon.

Also announced for the upcoming video game entitled “EA Sports MMA” were Gegard Mousasi and Renato “Babalu” Sobral.

Other fighters rumored to be taking part in the game are Randy Couture, Tim Sylvia, Bobby Lashley and Nick Diaz.

“EA Sports MMA” will be released sometime in 2010 for both the Playstation 3 and XBox 360 consoles.

Previously the UFC had stated that anyone involved in the anticipated video game would not be allowed to fight under their banner.

Stay tuned to Five Ounces as we continue to keep you up to date on this breaking story.

• fanoftna33 says:

If the ufc can get these guys they will. They might use that excuse for some fighters but it wont matter to Dana one bit if Fedor is in the EA game or not.

• Frankmur says:

And nobody can wear Affliction clothing…Things change!

• RoadsideGraphix says:

I know all about brand loyalty but come on already!
    The UFC needs to loosen the noose a bit. Let these guys earns some cash while they still can.

Pretty soon they are going to start saying fans are not welcome at UFC events if they have gone to another MMA show in the past.

Where does it end?

• fanoftna33 says:

With the ufc controlling the world.

• fanoftna33 says:

I know EA has put a lot of time in on this game, hopefully it does well. From what I have heard it should be very compairable to the new ufc game.

• Cory Brady says:

I am so buying this game now. I can’t wait to say Fedor on the cover. Hopefully they nab Alistair Overeem and my boy Melvin Manhoef as well. Aoki better be on this bad boy too.

• Joseph says:

I am definitely buying this game. I heard Shields, Diaz, Hieron, Babalu, Mousasi, Fedor, Randy, Radach, Kennedy, Lashley, Mayhem, and possibly Gina, Cyborg etc.

It is great!

• fanoftna33 says:

I didnt even think about the women, I bet they are unlockable prizes for winning the belt or something like that.

• I hope they are paying him well because I hear he just turned down a 6 fight 30 million dollar contract with the UFC. Man, I would take the money from that first fight and run! I think I could live pretty nice in Brazil or Colombia on 5mil.

• metalmulisha says:

These mma blogs and forums are nothing but rampant speculation and rumor mongers.

If you see a site like Sherdog or MMA Weekly report that or Josh Gross at SI.com then you have a reason to consider it more than a rumor. Otherwise it non sense.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

I guess we at 5oz don’t count?

• Gurthee says:

Great! Now we can watch/make Fedor beat up cans in the virtual world as well. Someone wake me up when Fedor actually fights please!

• “If anyone actually believes that some MMA Blog thats reporting Fedor turned down a 30 million dollar contract is true. You probably believe Kimo is dead to because thats what you saw on some mma blog so it must be true right.”

Face it, the dude is done. His next fight will be against some NJPW junior heavyweight wearing a lobster costume at NYE.

• fanoftna33 says:

That m_1 card in LA next month might be Fedors next fight.

• “That m_1 card in LA next month might be Fedors next fight.”

I really doubt it. I mean, who would he fight?

• ozz_the_powerful says:

Like we’ve all said, M-1 will go away when Fedor does. If he goes into the octagon, he gets my respect back, but at this point, him going to the octagon is as likely as Dana White adding Frank Shamrock to the Hall of Fame

• metalmulisha says:

“Right, because anything that makes King Fedor look like an idiot has got to be false.”

Ah…. no just because of exactly what I said earlier.
    The fact that no big mma sites or credible sports web sites pick up these stories like the Kimo is dead one or the LA Times rumor that says a Fedor/UFC deal is close or this rumor that Fedor turned down 30 Million dollars. It’s all not true.

I mean Lesnar is a much bigger PPV draw than Fedor and Lesnar made 500,000 his last fight now you think the UFC is going to sign Fedor to fight for six million dollars a fight with PPV revenue. Think about it. You think guys like Brock, Randy, Tito, and GSP wouldn’t be saying um I better be getting me a big fat raise.

To be honest I don’t know what you were getting at taking that jab at my post other than trying to get into a pissing match.

• fanoftna33 says:

I will truly belive Fedor will never come to the UFC if the deal is not made by Friday, that does not mean I wont still respect him but I dont think it will happen. If he does come to the UFC though you can bet he will become a bigger ppv draw than anybody, as long as he does not lose his first fight. He unlike Brock, Randy, Tito, etc has not had the advantage of the ufc hype behind him and Dana telling everybody and thier brother about how great he is.

• Those figures, at least to me, don’t sound that unbelievable.

Fedor in the UFC would make Zuffa WAY more than $30 million.

Yeah, Brock, Randy, Tito, and GSP are great and good PPV draws but only Brock has the kind of drawing power Fedor would have with the UFC behind him.

$30 million is really chump change considering how much is to be made.

And it’s not just for Zuffa, either. With the added revenue comes better contracts, expanded markets, etc. It’s a domino effect.

• fanoftna33 says:

Good point about everybody else making more Money Sergio.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

Sergio,

Thanks for going back to the old pic, brother. Makes you look like a better “debater” LOL. Love it!

• da guy called rudolf says:

gud couture is in it