Fedor Conference Call Live Updates

FedorFiveOuncesOfPain.com is here to provide you with live updates on the Fedor Emelianenko conference call taking place this afternoon from California.

We are on the scene live and will keep you aware of any relevant news as it breaks.

*Fedor will be headlining the upcoming video game for EA Sports.

*Gegard Mousasi and Renato “Babalu” Sobral will also be appearing in the upcoming video game.

*The UFC has made a very good offer to Fedor, but Fedor has other very good offers he can accept at this time.

*Fedor and his management have offered a counter-offer. Negotiations are still under way at this time.

*Emelianenko has been in discussion with Strikeforce. He’s still choosing.

*M-1 Global expressed that their ultimate desire is to spread the popularity of mixed martial arts around the world.

*They are open to any and all negotiations at this time.

*M-1 Global has stated that they will work only under co-promotion conditions.

*Vadim Finkelchtein makes clear that money is not everything to him. He states that he began his involvement in the sport in 1997 and he wants nothing more than the sport to grow. He wants to work together with the UFC to help push the sport to the next level all around the world.

*Fedor states that he reads what people say about his management and him on the Internet, and he wants everyone to know that he completely trusts Vadim and the rest of his management team.

*The conference ends with Sam Caplan letting everyone know that Fedor will fight very soon and the announcement will be coming down shortly.

*crossing fingers*

• ozz_the_powerful says:

I hope someone puts him on the spot and says something to the effect of,

“Do you think people will see you as a relevent force if you are not part of the UFC?

“Do you feel like it’s now or never since the fans are just plain sick of hearing about it; The back and forth battle”

“What do you have to say to the fans that are sick of hearing about this?”

“We knew that pretty much the only sticking point would be co-promotion. If you know that it isn’t an option with the UFC, why even bring it up?”

• Jstew3785 says:

Oh hell yea. I will definitely be buying this game. Unless Dana White says I can’t UFC anymore if I do buy it.

• Jstew3785 says:

Oh hell yea. I will definitely be buying this game. Unless Dana White says I can’t WATCH UFC anymore if I do buy it.
    this is what I meant to say

• overhandRIGHT says:

Yah, with Dana’s war against EA sports lets see who else makes it into the game…

• ozz_the_powerful says:

I wouldn’t give a dime to EA after the cold shoulder they gave UFC. I’m not a UFC nut-hugger, but they gave MMA -AS A WHOLE- the cold shoulder. They even said it wasn’t a real sport. Only after the UFC’s first game’s success did they want to do a game.

The hell with EA Sports

• ozz_the_powerful says:

WOW. Still choosing between UFC and Strikeforce.

Oh!! That’s right! I forgot about all the PPV revenue that Strikeforce generates! What was I thinking!! Duh!!

• cocoonofhorror says:

lol at this. this is a NON-EVENT!!!!

NOTHING TO SEE HERE, MOE ALONG!!!!

• edub says:

Dear Fedor,

Please go to the UFC.

Love,

Edub

• ozz_the_powerful says:

I have worn out the F5 button!!

• edub says:

Yea but EA sports games are gold compared to THQ.

• David Andrest says:

People don’t seem to want to accept, that it’s not about money or legacy, Fedor and his people want what they want, as much as the UFC doesn’t need him, he really doesn’t need the UFC.

• fanoftna33 says:

How many other promotions can give him ufc type money, none.

• fanoftna33 says:

Fedor is toying with us now. He knows he will never fight in the ufc, but I bet this is his way of messing with Dana.

@ David Andrest

Then keep fighting FORMER Champions!!

God forbid he fights someone that poses a threat to his 30-1 record. I lose respect by the second

• David Andrest says:

He is one of a handful of guys, who gets his money. It’s not as if he is poor or hasn’t been paid millions in the past, and will get 7 figures again.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

7 figures? From who? Strikeforce?

How are they going to pay that? From PPV revenue!!?? LOL – Whatever

• ozz_the_powerful says:

“M-1 Global has stated that they will work only under co-promotion conditions.”

There’s your answer. M-1 = Who?

What the hell are they “trying to spread around the globe?” What are they trying to co-promote?

Who the hell cares or even watches M-1?

• Jstew3785 says:

Ozz defeats David Andrest via 2nd round tko

*High fives Jstew3785*

SHIT!!

I’m guessing, after a Google search of the name, that this is the Senior Editor of 5oz?

Does a “woops” suffice in this situation?

• edub says:

Yea I dont see anyone else giving him 7 figures. It just wouldnt make since financially. No one else even has ppv right now.

• manny says:

M1 = fedor + his manager + russian mafia. LOL!

Co promotion huh? Sounds like he we be signing with Strikeforce then. Rogers vs Fedor = Fedor wins by ko.

Dana @$$ white would never co-promote b/c he’s a selfish bastard. unless he co- promotes fedor’s fight in the ufc.

• Madmax says:

That’s why Fedor is 30-1, with a few exceptions he’s fought a number of Hong caliber fighters

• metalmulisha says:

ozz_the_powerful for someone who claims they’re not a “ufc nuthugger”

Your posts seem to say otherwise.

I think a lot of MMA fans want Fedor in the UFC because of potential great fights with Lesnar and Couture, but I think the average UFC fan just wants Fedor in the UFC hoping to see him lose. Big difference.

David Andrest said it right.

• fanoftna33 says:

He didnt say no yet but if come friday there is nothing from Dana then it will never happen. Unfortunatly this will make news of Belfort and Tito coming back look stale. But maybe thats what Fedor wants, it will get his name out there foe lots of people and bring some interest in to M-1

• manny says:

I read a rumor that states he wouldn’t say much in this confrence but on Friday UFC will be releasing the statements that ufc signed fedor. Also read that he will be sched to fight brock at ifc 103? Can anyone confirm or is it all BS!

NOT TRUE!

Here you and I go again…

I’m not disputing the fact that there are great fights awaiting the Emporer in the UFC. I am however disputing the fact that he needs to fight people NOW! In their prime. Sylvia & Arlovski? Seriously?

How about a CURRENT champ?
    A CURRENT threat?

I’m not wanting to see him lose. I want to see him fight the best.

Big difference.

• Jstew3785 says:

It’s all rumors at this point Manny. We won’t know anything for sure until Friday, and maybe not even then

• Madmax says:

If M-1 is so cool and rich, why do they not just have their own event, and not co promote with anyone.Afterall it is M-1 GLOBAL, theyre fight promoters right?? And correct SF doesnt have 7 figures to pay an already ovrerpaid fighter. I think FEDOR fears the Octagon and what could happen to him inside it, with a REAL HW fighter standing across from him. Thats why its always all this dog and pony show/smoke and mirrors crap whenever FEDOR has no home.

• fanoftna33 says:

He has a much better chance of beating brock now than he does in two years. The heavyweights are getting so much bigger and better i see a fight with brock in a few years looking like the Mir fight. Nothing against his skill but the ufc heavyweights are getting better all the time is Fedor really getting any better?

Madmax says: BAM, POW!!

Exactly. It’s all a publicity stunt.

It really gets his name and M_1 logo out there though doesnt it Ozz

• ozz_the_powerful says:

Boy does it. Does it ever. Thats the whole point. Nobody would know who the hell M-1 was if it wasn’t for Fedor. They know damn good and well that if they lose him, they lose their promotion. Thus, the co-promotion idea. That’s the ONLY reason they wan’t to co-promote.

They can’t make it on their own

• manny says:

yeah it sounded all fishy!

MadMAx- Fedor will find a home and its not about $ its about the ufc contract stipulations. yeah dana is a greddy bastard, paying gsp + lesnar a total of 8 grand while fedor made more in one fight combine. The main reason tito left, bc both are biz minded and want more $. you can’t tell you would want more $ if you going out there and getting pounded or pounding some1. Then there’s couture reason of wanting to leave. That’s exactly why Fedor won’t sign with ifc cuz the contracts are to restrictive. I could con’t naming fighters, Jon fitch was dropped for opening his mouth. Dana has every fighter by their balls.

• fanoftna33 says:

When reading a article yesterday it stated that Fedor was co- owner of M-1. Although it was Iole article so you never know how accurate it is.

• fanoftna33 says:

It was a Iole article, is what I meant.

• edub says:

Mulisha if hes a UFC nuthugger, than your obviously a UFC hater.

• metalmulisha says:

Off Topic, but It looks as if Vitor Belfort won’t be fighting at UFC 103. He’s signed to fight in Brazil on Sept.12th.
    After that maybe he’ll sign back with the UFC.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

Hey Manny, time to tune in-

Dana already said he would negotiate EVERYTHING and pay him “a shit-ton of money” but in no way shape or form would he co-promote.

It has nothing to do with Contract restrictions. Even his brother Alex said that in an interview on sports.ru

• metalmulisha says:

Mulisha if hes a UFC nuthugger, than your obviously a UFC hater.

lol why? because I have a different take on things and don’t eat up every bit of BS Dana White serves up?

• manny says:

dammit! i was hoping for franklin vs tito & Hendo vs belftort. It the 103 card stays the way it is(rematch hendo vs franklin) i will not be attending it or watchingin dallas.

• fanoftna33 says:

Vitor could change his mind quickly with a ufc contract.

• L0C0541 says:

I for one give up on Fedor. I really liked him alot and he has done great things for the sport. But oblviously getting a promotion(which can’t stand on its own)somehow recognized. I mean seriously, even if the ufc did co-promote, would that really put M-1 on the map? His management are jokes and quite frankly so is fedor if they think that is so. All it is is wanting a slice of the pie, even fedors own brother states that fedor is own being used as a means to get their promotion running. I aint buying it, and if fedor doesn’t care to compete with the best, then i don’t either. He did what he has done and soon father time will catch up with him and he will truly be irrelevant, as we all know we cant fight forever. Hoo-ray Fedor……

• L0C0541 says:

I for one give up on Fedor. I really liked him alot and he has done great things for the sport. But oblviously getting a promotion(which can’t stand on its own)somehow recognized is more important. I mean seriously, even if the ufc did co-promote, would that really put M-1 on the map? His management are jokes and quite frankly so is fedor if they think that is so. All it is is wanting a slice of the pie, even fedors own brother states that fedor is only being used as a means to get their promotion running. I aint buying it, and if fedor doesn’t care to compete with the best, then i don’t either. He did what he has done and soon father time will catch up with him and he will truly be irrelevant, as we all know we cant fight forever. Hoo-ray Fedor……
    sorry for typos

• fanoftna33 says:

The only man that can fight forever is Randy. I guess we all have to go through this again on Friday, but after that if Fedor will not sign with the ufc or strikeforce I will offically belive he is not comfortable with having to fight in a cage. Now if the ufc offered to build a cageside ring for him to fight in we may have hope.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

L0C0541- Good Post. When Fedor goes away, so will M-1, and they know that.

• David Andrest says:

Ozz, No biggie we can have our own opinions. As I said , I think people get caught up in the short money. As I said, he doesn’t need them, they don’t need him. He wants what he wants, if that price is too high, they shouldn’t sign him. Simple as that, M-1 and Fedor’s story has never changed, and it appears throwing money at it isn’t going to change their mind.

• fanoftna33 says:

Dana is going to protect the business at all costs, and if that means no Fedor so be it, they will not co-promote and Fedor wont fight without it. He will never fight for the ufc. That doesnt mean we wont see him fight some good fighters and maybe one day lose it is just the way it is going to be, no matter how hopeful we get.

Agreed, David.

It’s just aggrevating to know that the sticking point has NOTHING to do with cash. NOTHING. It all centers around co-promotion, which they know, they KNOW, will never happen. If Fedor wants a 7 figure contract, he HAS to fight in the UFC. No one else can give him PPV revenue.

Negotiating with Strikeforce? Right. Go right ahead with that. The same Strikeforce that is still looking for a guy to face Werdum? The same Strikeforce that pays its headliners and top guys in the 40-70k range? Have fun with that. And DREAM too, right. The same DREAM that does not even have a TV contract after DREAM12? The same DREAM that has Bob Sapp?

I don’t see how that is “putting pressure” on the UFC. They rake in millions per show and put a ton back into the sport to expand it. M1 is a self centered sham scracthing for any credibility at all. What a joke.

David, always appreciate the dialogue. Point taken though.

• David Andrest says:

And I’m sure there is a Russian version of Ozz saying it’s frustrating that they simply won’t Co-promote.

I understand your frustration, there are interesting fights, but dont’ be fooled into thinking PPV is the only way for a company to generate Revenue. I haven’t paid dime one to watch pro soccer, or formula 1 racing, and their athletes seem to do just fine without ppv dollars.

But who knows, I don’t at this point, I guess we’ll have to wait and see

• ozz_the_powerful says:

If there is a Russian ozz_the_powerful, he doesn’t just train with a polar bear; He destroys it.

That’s a take on it that I never thought of. What would MMA be though without PPV? How would they pay their fighters? I wonder if boxing would generate as much money without PPV.

I DO, however see your point. I just don’t think it could get to that point until there are some SERIOUS blue-chip sponsors. Maybe that day is coming though.

• fanoftna33 says:

Right now strikeforce does make the most sense, but they only have one legit fight for him( if overeem can ever get his hand to heal) I kind of hope they dont do this because I really like what they are doing right now, bringing us quality fights and bringing up new faces with the challenger series. If they get Fedor it could bring them up to a very strong 2nd which I think they are at now, or it could break the company, why risk it when they really do have a good thing going.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

I have to agree with (not a)fanoftna33 on this. Strikeforce is a great company that NEEDS to stay in business.

• I honestly don’t care if Fedor ever comes to the Octagon.

My friend and I were talking about it and if you look at the past seven years of his fight schedule, he’s only fought legit competition in eight fights, not including his NC against Big Nog. That’s barely ONE legit fight a year!

Schilt, Herring, Big Nog, Randleman, Big Nog again, CroCop, Sylvia and Arlovski. Randleman barely makes it as he was coming off a huge win against CroCop but spare me any arguments that Coleman (either time), Ogawa or Hunt were legitimate competition.

On the flip side, it’s taken GSP only FOUR years to rack up as many legit fights. And I’m not even counting either Serra bout. Liddell? His schedule from 2006 to now has been insane! His “weakest” opponent was Keith Jardine! In that time he also stepped in the cage with Couture, Rampage, Sobral, Ortiz, Wandy, Evans, and Shogun.

I’m not doubting Fedor is a good fighter. He is. He’s great. But he is not the end all, be all. There are plenty of good and great fighters ALREADY in the UFC, most of which are more than willing to take on legit competition and leave the Zulus and Chois to the wayside.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

Be careful Sergio, metalmulisha will come out of the woodwork and call you a UFC nut-hugger, as he did to me earlier, LOL!!

(metal, it was just a joke)

• fanoftna33 says:

You are implying that he had total control of whoever he fought in Japan, Sergio. I doubt any of the fighters in Pride got that choice.

• He probably has as much choice as any UFC fighter.

• fanoftna33 says:

Really in the ufc their is only a handful of guys with that much power to call out who they want to fight. Although they can refuse to fight whoever they want i guess. I have always been a fan of matchmakers announcing what fights were turned down and by who. I think that way guys might not turn down some of the better fights in order to play it safe.

• Joseph says:

“Negotiating with Strikeforce? Right. Go right ahead with that. The same Strikeforce that is still looking for a guy to face Werdum? The same Strikeforce that pays its headliners and top guys in the 40-70k range?”

You must have missed the part where they paid Frank Shamrock 6 figures, will be paying Gina 6 figures, and Fedor was offered 500-700K plust a CBS appearance which would make him a TON of sponsorship money.

All the Fedor haters need to stop. What happens if Lesnar loses his next fight? He lost to Mir only a few fights ago, and Nog and Couture will be retiring next year. The UFC, in terms of HW prospects, is not that compelling. Carwin, Cain, and maybe Dos Santos are the real up and comers, but they have A LONG WAY TO GO to challenge someone with the experience like Fedor.

WOW!!!

At least when a card gets hyped, it STAYS THE SAME!!

“hey, can we, uh, borrow a few of your fighters, (cough), please?”

How about defending the belts? There’s an hour long topic right there. Frank & Gina 6 figures? OK, 100k?

Wow.

Their biggest stars make a paycheck that has 6 figures but starts with a 1.

Please, take the experience arguement somewhere else. Go back up 5 posts and Sergio will educate you on what your Highness Fedor has done lately.

Hey, at least he can still beat the shit outta some cans on the video game too!

• ozz_the_powerful says:

Maybe that was a bit harsh. I’m just sick of it though. To be the best, you have to beat the best.

Fedor beat FORMER UFC Heavyweight Champions. Ever stopped to think that these fights happened out of the UFC? I wonder why? Maybe b/c the UFC was no longer interested in having them around.

• egad81 says:

This could be the making of a sequel to EASTERN PROMISES.

but seriously…. We have a WW2 type situation on hand.
    Dana “Hitler” White vs The Russias
    We all know how WW2 turned out.
    YIKES

• Kamakosmo says:

Sergio… What is up with the new pic my man??? Not the same! LOL!

• edub says:

Carwin, Cain, and Dos Santos are probably the three biggest hw prospects in mma. They have the tuf going on right now with a whole bunch of hw prospects. Just picked up Chase Gormley who is an up and comer. Not to mention Pat Barry, Antoni Hardonk, Cheick Kongo…

Not that compelling huh.

Ok Im killing UFC haters all night whos next.

“And the tag is made!”

Exactly edub. Exactly

• ozz_the_powerful says:

On a side note, That Pride belt Fedor is wearing sure brings back memories.
    I miss Pride FC.
    They are however selling the Pride shirts on the UFC Store website again.
    I was stoked, to say the least. Still couldn’t find the black one like Lorenzo Fertitta had on at the 100 weigh-ins

• edub says:

Lorenzo had a pride shirt on at the weighins??? Wow now thats just a kick in the mouth right there.

• fanoftna33 says:

Thoes Pride shirts were great.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

Well, looks like Jay Hieron found a new job. He’s fighting Nick Diaz for the Strikeforce WW title on the 15th

Like I said. Just call that card “Patchwork Quilt”

• fanoftna33 says:

Still a great fight Hieron has yet to be submitted and has the wrestling to control Diaz foe 25 min and get a UD.The only time I have seen Diaz koed was a old fight tape I got from a video store, and it must have been to Jackson, but it was crazy they were in a casino but it was a tournament, and outside. You could see the fighters breath. But it took so many punches from Jackson and he only got a tko. That guy is so touhgh, I dont see anybody in strikeforce getting a ko on him.

• edub says:

Yea I dunno if it is possible to KO Diaz. He has eatin some shots from a lot of dudes. I mean shit he stuck his fukin chin out and got hit by Scott Smith.

• fanoftna33 says:

yeah he is one of the toughest guys in mma. I was acully looking forwrd to him fighting Riggs to avenge his earlier loss, but Hieron does deserve it more. Maybe if he fought Alves he could be knocked out but I dont know anybody else that could.

• “Sergio… What is up with the new pic my man??? Not the same! LOL!”

Alright, alright… changed it back, sheesh!

Didn’t realize there were so many Oh Dae-su fans in the house.

• Well, it will be in a few hours. Gravater takes it’s sweet ass time.

Until then, enjoy my 9-year old mug!

I basically look the same plus some wrinkles and minus the shitty haircut.

• Austin says:

The UFC needs to buy M-1 and then shut it down and then dana white needs to say “FUCK YOU I WIN”

• GetItOn says:

David Andrest says:
    July 29, 2009 at 5:13 pm

“but dont’ be fooled into thinking PPV is the only way for a company to generate Revenue. I haven’t paid dime one to watch pro soccer, or formula 1 racing, and their athletes seem to do just fine without ppv dollars.

There are ways to make money, and I think their may be a shift away from it costing me 50 bucks a month to be a fan.”

Formula One racing began in the 1920’s and soccer or “football” became popular worldwide in the 1800’s, however dates back to the 2nd and 3rd centuries BC. MMA is a whole other story in comparison. Obviously PPV is not the only way to generate revenue but look who’s able to pay their fighters a really good salary/purse and still stay in business. The PPV business model for Zuffa is just the beginning my friend. I am sure that if MMA had been as popular as even soccer was in 1950, PPV’s wouldn’t be necessary anymore and the people fighting would be making a lot more money today. Unfortunately that’s not the case. It’s only become popular worldwide within the last 10 years.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

And I for one, can’t wait for the next ten. You gotta admit, the last 7 or 8 days or so have been absolutley chaotic, to say the least.

With Barnett failing, Affliction folding, Strikeforce putting on the “Patchwork” card, and all the back and forth between Fedor & UFC, I really don’t know how much more I can take. Dana’s press conference on Friday should be the icing on the cake and answer (hopefully) everything unanswered now and everything in our heads.

• The details of what Fedor was offered have been leaked and it’s utterly insane.

– $30 million for 6 fights
    – Immediate title shot
    – M-1 offered a cut of PPV revenue

Those three factors alone mean this:

His first fight against Lesnar would automatically garner him $5 million. The PPV buys for this would be off the charts. If UFC 100 did 1.5 million buys, this could easily do 2 million.

At $50 a pop, UFC would get $50 million worth of PPV revenue after the cable companies get their half. Even at a ONE PERCENT cut, M-1 would earn $5 in PPV cash making this a TEN MILLION DOLLAR PURSE FOR FEDOR.

Ten million dollars.

Ten.

Fuck M-1 and fuck Fedor.

• UFC also offered to let Fedor pimp out M-1 as much as he wanted and agreed to back off on the sambo dispute.

M-1 says no, they want to co-promote.

Tell me again, how well did that work for Bodog and Affliction?

• fanoftna33 says:

Sergio one percent of 50 million is 500,000 not 5 million.

• Beau Fury says:

Let me just start off by saying I am a new user and I have read your all’s comments for over a year now and let me just say… Ozz and Fan you all are consistently the two I find myself aggreing with the most. I really think the problem with Fedor being in the UFC lies in M-1 as well as Fedor. I don’t know if this is true but I read somewhere that Fedor is not only a client of M-1 but also part owner of the company. That is why he is okay with M-1 wanting to Co-Promote. One more thing… Fedor beat two UFC champions… Tim Sylvia… Didn’t he get KO’d by a 50 year old boxer… and then my boy AA… He was working Fedor early but pulled an Andre move and got over aggressive and got caught. Not trying to take anything away from Fedor but if AA would have fought a smarter fight he would have won that fight.

• “Sergio one percent of 50 million is 500,000 not 5 million.”

You’re right. In my anger-induced haze, my math skills took a shot.

Still, that’s not chump change.

• I just don’t see why exactly Fedor is dealing with M-1. I don’t see what they offer him at all. Does M-1 even promote shows with Fedor? It seems to me they just try to use their leverage with Fedor to get promotions to agree to “co-promote” with them and take a chunk of the promoters profits. It is painfully obvious to me that Fedor could be doing much better without them.