Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza vs. Jason “Mayhem” Miller III set for September

Jacare

Ronaldo “Jacare” de Souza and Jason “Mayhem” Miller are slated to wage battle for the third time at a DREAM event expected to take place sometime in September.

The confirmation of the bout came through Jacare’s coach, Josuel Distak, in a recent report on TATAME.com.

“Jacaré will return to the ring in September to fight again with Jason Miller,” said Distak.

The pair are far from strangers in the ring. The first meeting between the two came during the DREAM Middleweight Grand Prix in June of 2008, a bout which Souza was awarded the unanimous decision.

Most recently Jacare and Mayhem faced off in a rematch in May, this time for the DREAM middleweight title, but the contest ended in controversy after an illegal kick to the head of a downed Jacare by Miller opened a nasty cut on the Brazilian and forced the bouts conclusion. The title fight was eventually ruled a no contest.

• edub says:

Id like to see Mayhem win but i think Jacare wins this one by dec again.

• Rich S. says:

Mayhem’s had a chance to fight him twice now..

He’s a smart guy, and he’ll be using those fights to help him win this one..

I like Mayhem’s chances, and I really want to see him get the belt.. But between these two guys, It’s just so hard to pick..

• Jacare takes this one again.

God, I hate Miller.

— twitter.com/sergio_tx

• madheartmma says:

What?? J.Mayhem is a character!! He’s gotten so many MORE people interested in mma. DID YOU EVER SEE HIS GSP FIGHT?? THAT’S ONE OF THE FIGHTS THAT MADE ME NAME MY COMPANY “MADHEARTMMA” (he lost) . DONT BE A HATER, HE’LL GROW ON YA AFTER YOU SEE THAT GSP FIGHT!! sometimes you can see alot of what a guy is made of…even when he loses. later

• hindsightufuk says:

yep, im routing for Miller as always

• shotokai_ says:

I’m routing for Miller, bad, but I just don’t see how he beats Jacare, ever. Outclassed on the ground and doesn’t have the power on the feet.

• Yes, I have seen his fight with GSP. I saw it live on PPV.

I still hate him.

— twitter.com/sergio_tx

• Patrickk says:

Good luck to both in this fight. I don’t have a favorite to win, but I’d say Jacare by submission.