Mike Brown vs. Jose Aldo for WEC featherweight title in November

Jose Aldo

WEC featherweight champion Mike Brown is set to face off with the explosive Jose Aldo at WEC 45.

The news of the bout was first reported by Aldo to InTheGuard.tv.

When Mike Brown was contacted by FiveOuncesOfPain.com‘s Brendhan Conlan the champion was quoted as saying,”Yup, let’s do this.”

No location has been announced for WEC 45 but it has been set for November 11.

The bout against Aldo will mark Brown’s third title defense since obtaining the the championship from Urijah Faber in November of 2008. Since then he has defended the strap against Leonard Garcia, and most recently in a rematch with Faber.

Brown has won his last ten consecutive bouts.

You wouldn’t know that the 15-1 Aldo is a Brazilian Jiu-JItsu black belt by glancing at the ten knockouts on his record but don’t let the twenty two year old Brazilian’s striking prowess fool you. He is dynamic on the feet and a legit threat on the ground.

His last trip to the cage saw him knock out Cub Swanson with a gravity defying flying double knee that would make Ong-Bak proud.

• Jstew3785 says:

Isn’t Aldo 15-1?

• Cory Brady says:

Sure is, thanks Jstew

• edub says:

Brown by GnP

I might be wrong but I dont think Aldo is ready for this fight. I wouldve rather seen Fabiano get the shot.

• shotokai_ says:

I agree with edub. Huge, huge potential but not ready for Brown yet. I don’t think anyone is. This is has just rekindled my memories of that double knee Aldo landed. Absolutely f*cking sick.

• Patrickk says:

Well…honestly…I’m gonna go with Aldo for this one. Mike Brown is a one-hitter-quitter kind of guy. He knocked Faber down and it was a wrap…same thing with Garcia. Aldo is way better fundamentally than Brown, Faber, and Garcia. I think that Aldo’s gameplan will be stick and move, get Brown pushing forward, and counter with some hard strikes to end the match. If it goes to the ground, I don’t know; I’ve never seen Aldo on the ground for too long to know what his gameplan will be.

• ray says:

ALDO IS GOING TO DESTROY BROWN.
    URIJAH WOULD HAVE BEAT HIMIN 2ND
    FIGHT IF HE HAD TWO HANDS.
    BROWN IS STRONG BUT NOT THAT