Shane Carwin picks Lesnar to defeat Mir at UFC 100

brocklesnar5

There will be few men watching the heavyweight championship bout between Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir at UFC 100 tomorrow evening as the undefeated smashing machine that goes by the name of Shane Carwin.

When it was recently announced that Carwin would be facing off with fellow undefeated heavyweight Cain Velasquez at UFC 104 it left little doubt; the winner of this fight will be getting the next crack at the the UFC heavyweight title.

With that in mind, FiveOuncesOfPain.com was able to catch up with Carwin just prior to UFC 100 to capture his thoughts on the most important fight of his life, that he’s not actually fighting in.

“Brock has the power and size advantage and Frank will be a dangerous threat on the ground,” explained the knockout artist from Colorado.

While Mir put on one of the most impressive performances of his career against Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 92, Carwin feels as if Big Nog was making his job easy for him to some extent.

“Frank’s boxing was impressive against Nogueira, but Nogueira was not adjusting his movements to avoid those strikes,” explained Carwin.

However, Shane just doesn’t envision Lesnar making those same mistakes.

“I think Brock will make the adjustments, and if he does, he should come out on top,” said Carwin.

So it’s official, Carwin’s got Lesnar going into UFC 100, but he’ll be the first to tell you not to count Mir out.

“Mir is an amazing fighter so anything can happen,” concluded Shane.

• KTru says:

If Lesnar defeats Mir, and Carwin topples Cain, that fight will be huuuuuuuggeeee as Paris Hilton would say.

Reinforce the Octagon, 560 lbs of athleticism and raw power.

• GetItOn says:

that’t hawt

• GetItOn says:

that’s hawt

• MMA-LOGIC says:

If Mir or (Mrrrrr as Lesnar would say) made Lesnar look silly I would not mind, just to vindicate the idea I have that wrestling and relatively ave stand up together should not be such a common skill set for top fighters in in the UFC. I don’t mind the odd 1 or 2 or those that evolve like Koshcheck but come on! I thought the days of Coleman, Severn, Randleman, Frye, Sherk and Couture were coming to an end and the likes of well rounded fighters like GSP, Silva, Mousassi, Fedor, Shogun and Lyoto were starting to win through but all of a sudden the UFC HW division has Carwin, Randy, Valasquez, Lesnar etc.
    But having said that if any of the wrestler HWs were to succeed I would like it to be the beast that is Lesnar. The dude is a massive, thick, giant that looks as if he could crush a car let alone anyone who got in a steel cage with him. So I would be just as or even more happy if Brock was to arm lock or slam Mir into oblivion.

• Kickastronaut says:

Carwin ko round 1 on Lesnar. Lesnar can’t stand with the likes of Carwin. I’m betting that training at Greg Jackson’s camp with a slew of technical wrestlers would help him keep Brock standing for a bit. Don’t think he’d stuff every take down, but nobody should knock out a guy with a fading right, and Carwin did it against Gonzaga. That sort of damage/punch only takes a few shots to take its toll. Plus he would play a great “face” to Brock’s growing “heel” personality.

• Patrickk says:

Shane analyzed this great! I was sucked into Mir clowning ‘Minotauro’ and I really thought Mir had some hands. And yes, he probably does, but I see a rematch coming, and a healthy Nogueira is going to be hard to beat.