Bombs Away!; Pat Barry vs. Antoni Hardonk set for UFC 104

pat barry

Two of the UFC’s most dangerous heavyweight knockout artists are set to wage war at UFC 104.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com has recently been able to confirm a match-up between Pat Barry and Antoni Hardonk through sources close to the fight.

The two will square off at UFC 104 which is set for October 24 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Both men are veterans of the K-1 organization, and both are feared and respected for their vicious striking arsenals.

Barry has gone 1-1 in the UFC with a TKO victory and a submission loss to his credit, while Hardonk has put together a respectable record of 3-3 in the octagon, with his most recent bout being a ground and pound defeat at the hands and elbows of Cheick Kongo at UFC 97.

UFC 104 will be headlined by a light heavyweight championship match-up between Lyoto Machida and Mauricio “Shogun” Rua.

• shotokai_ says:

wooaaahHHH. this could be absolutely brutal. There could be some seriously messed up knee joints following this one. Although I have to say it wouldn’t surprise me if Hardonk tried to get this to the ground and sub Barry – lets hope not!

• edub says:

This remind anyone else of the part in bloodsport where Frank Dux and that MuayThai guy traded kicks to the body back in forth for like five minutes.

Eventhough I dont think it deserves to be I hope its on the main card.

• mac wilson says:

This fight has the potential for fight of the night. I can’t wait to see it.

I think it could end up on the main card if it lives up to my expectations. It could be very short and very explosive, even though they’re both very technical.

• Angry Mike says:

Hopefully it stays standing. It would be smart strategy for Hardonk to go to the ground, though.

• dpk says:

Fight of the night??? I doubt it, but Knockout of the night, I would put money on it.

Hardonk would be very smart to take this to the ground, but he might let his pride get the better of him and stand and trade with someone more dangerous than he is.

• Patrickk says:

The UFC HW division is coming up in the game! This is exciting. It seems like this division is going to be one of the spectacular divisions in the years to come.

…Everyone loves big guys smashing each others’ faces in.