Brock Lesnar on Frank Mir: ‘I’m gonna murder him’

July 11 will mark the date for one of the most highly anticipated UFC heavyweight championship battles in the organization’s history and the talking of the trash is already well under way. brock-lesnar

There are many, along with UFC President Dana White, that tout Brock Lesnar as having the potential to become the greatest heavyweight the sport has ever seen. In order to rationalize any of those bold claims the enormous former WWE titan will have to avenge the sole defeat in his short fighting career to the constantly dangerous Frank Mir at UFC 100.

“I’m gonna murder him,” said Lesnar in a recent feature for Maxim Magazine. “I count the days and nights before I get to do that.”

Lesnar also discussed his past walkout during the taping of ESPN’s E:60 following a late question regarding steroid use.

“My interview was over,” explained Brock. “And then all of a sudden, ‘Oh, wait, we’ve got a few more questions.’ Then they ask me about steroids.

“I bet you I’ve taken over 60 steroid tests. In college I had 15 random drug tests in two years. I’ve taken drug tests for the NFL, the WWE, the UFC. I must be pretty good at masking steroids. God gave me this body: Are you jealous of it or what? Give me a break. I got the genetics of—not to get into racism or anything—but I’m built like a black man.

“It’s all genetics. I wouldn’t say we’re all created equal. That’s just to make the other guys feel good who don’t have what you’ve got.”

• Kamakosmo says:

Last fight, Mir was smart and took advantage of a limb left out there by Lesnar. Lesnar will not let that happen again and wins convincingly. I like Mir and give him mad props for coming back from his injuries, but Lesnar is too much for him.
    Hopefully Mazzagotti does not Ref this one (Can’t stand his overreactions in certain bouts, the deducted point w/o warning for hit in the back of the head — And the time when he told the 2 fighters to stop talking to each other??? WTF!

• Cory Brady says:

Herb Dean will be reffing the rematch between Lesnar and Mir. The Maz is set to ref the bout between GSP and Alves.

• JJ Docker says:

Yeah Mazzagatti is the worst referee in my opinion. He consistently lets fights go on for too long.

• “I’ve never in my life tested positive for steroids. What do you want me to say?”

How about this: “I’ve never in my life USED steroids.”

Big difference.

• egad81 says:

Steroids are a joke. I am a natural athlete but when I blow my knee out in college the doctors put me on steroids to help heal…. does that make me a monster?
    If your kid gets asthma or some other illness and they are put on steroids…. can he/she never be an athlete?

A guys is HUGE ATHLETE (lets say like Shaq) never tested positive for steroids but because he is ridiculously enormous everyone wonders…. Steroids?

• edub says:

So egad are u for steroids or what?

• ultimoshogun says:

I’m not drinking the Lesnar kool aid like alot of people on the youtube forums are. Mir’s gonna submit him again.

• Rich S. says:

I would love for Mir to win the title and be the undisputed heavyweight champion..

He was one of my favorite fighters, and then he won the title, but the accident threw it all down the drain and he had to restart from scratch.. He took a few embarrassing losses and came close to quitting.. But, finally he found his love for the sport again, and is going strong..

Mir’s striking looked leaps and bounds better in his last bout, but i don’t want to see him strike with Lesnar.. Because, no matter how technical you are, one big shot, especially on Mir’s sketchy chin, could end the fight..

Another thing is, Lesnar has come so far since his fight with Mir.. It may have only been two fights, but they were extraordinarily impressive wins over great veterans..

Mir is one of the best at what he does in his division, but I don’t know if he’ll catch Lesnar again.. I hope he can.. But, Lesnar is a freak..

• edub says:

Rich S im in the same boat as you…. sort of.

I think Lesnar is gonna beat Frank into a pulp. Hit em hard once or twice standing, and then play donkey king on his head for about one or two rounds before Frank just cant go on anymore.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

I hope Mir wins. I don’t know why I just do.

• Jak says:

I hope Lesnar wins, mostly just because there hasn’t been a dominant champ in the UFC in a while and even if Mir wins, he wouldn’t keep the title for long.

If Lesnar were to win, doesn’t mean he would keep it long, but i personally believe he would have a better shot at keeping it longer than Mir.

Never the less, hope it is a good fight. as much as wicked submission endings are awesome, this is a fight where i would like to see who is the “toughest” heavyweight in the UFC. that might be a noobish perspective, but that is still what i want to see. a hw brawl. :)

• mma-owns says:

“My only problem with Lesnar… Is I think He should be the Champ of a 265lbs division. Super Heavy Weight or whatever.”

…did anyone else read this?

They already have a 265lbs division. It’s called Heavyweight. He’s actually the champ. You can relax now.

• mma-owns says:

I’d like to see Cain Velazquez start bulking up and putting on maybe 30 lbs. Then he can cut the weight and come in big like Brock. I think when those two meet it’s gonna be a brawl or a quick finish.

I think Brock could be the future in the UFC too tho. He’s just a genetic freak farm boy. Even if he gets caught again…..he’ll dominate soon enough.

• jdesko23 says:

mma-owns……pretty sure he means a weight class that is 265+……bob sapp etc…

• jdesko23 says:

also, brock would take out cain. cain wouldnt be able to lie on top of him for 3 (or 5) rounds like he did with kongo. and if they were standing i would also give the advantage to brock.

• JJ Docker says:

Essentially, and in an ideal world, I agree that there should be a Super Heavyweight division. Lesnar has/will have 40 pounds on a lot of his opponents, which is an absurd amount in an MMA fight. But realistically it can’t happen as there isn’t enough talent in the super heavies. Most of them are big oafs with little actual MMA skill. Bobb Sapp, for example. And if they did create it Lesnar wouldn’t be in it as he’d cut down to 265 as he does now. He would probably end up being champion of both divisions anyway.

• Madmax says:

Tim Sylvia always cut to 265 as well, and as weve all seen with Tim, SIZE AINT EVERYTHING! Lesnar has very little BJJ skills, and the striking may be bout equal based on mir/nogeira. Mir by Submission Rd2

• Mbreckles49 says:

Is the consistent reference to the WWE past necessary anymore? Everyone already knows this, and yet it seems like it has to be mentioned or an article on Lesnar isn’t complete.

Why do articles of Ken Shamrock, Tito Ortiz, Frank Shamrock, Frank Trigg, Dan Severn, etc. never mention their fake wrestling careers?

• PlagueAngel says:

All you guys thinking Mir will submit Lesnar again. How many different ways could Mir get Lesnar? I only see one and thats not going to happen again. I live in MN and I know for sure that Lesnar is still training with Rodrigo Comprido Medeiros in BJJ, so his skills should be a lot better to handle Mir this time around.

• PlagueAngel says:

The superheavyweight division will not happen. How many guys would qualify for that? Two comes to mind, lesnar and Silvia and that is about it. The heavyweights are going to have to build size and strength and eat more to compete. I still cant believe Randy went in at 225 with Lesnar. What was he thinking?